Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet

Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 13, 19, 1:57 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: cooleddie
Wiki Link
Cabin photos

Post 976 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29534462-post976.html
Post 1300 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29780203-post1300.html

Cabin Layout

Interior Specs can be found here https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ard/fleet.html

- Window seats may feel narrower to come as the armrests are placed "into" the "curvature" of the cabin.
- Seats with no windows feel even more narrower as there is no space created by the curvature of window.
- All bulkhead seats have very limited legroom.
- Seats 15A, 16A, 16F, 17A and 17F have limited windows.
- Exit rows 19 and 20 have more legroom than regular preferred seats.

Routes

The 737 MAX is designated to replace the A320-series. Based on announcements and schedule updates, the following specific routes will be operated by the 737 MAX in future:

YYZ-LAX (periodic flights)
YYZ-SNN (new route)
YUL-DUB (new route)
YYZ/YUL-KEF (replacing Rouge A319)
YYT-LHR (replacing Mainline A319)
YHZ-LHR (replacing Mainline B767)
Hawaii Routes YVR/YYC (replacing Rouge B767)
Many domestic trunk routes (YYZ, YVR, YUL, YYC) now operated by 7M8, replacing A320 family
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 16, 18, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
My butt was hurting after my YUL-YVR 'Max' flight in the J cabin last week.
My experience is the opposite. My butt hurts in the old 320 J seats. I like the max J seats.
Old Jul 16, 18, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1 View Post
My butt was hurting after my YUL-YVR 'Max' flight in the J cabin last week. I can't imagine what it must be like back in Cattle class. Ugh.

I only took that flight because, after a long day that started in CDG, I wasn't willing to book a connection a couple hours later on a nicer plane.
I actually find the Y seats more comfortable than the J seats.
Old Jul 16, 18, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by nave888 View Post
They've even subbed one on LHR-YYZ once (a few weeks back).
OMG! That was bad enough in an AC DC8 with actual first class service....in a modern 737 with present day J class service it would be awful...and economy must have been hellish.
Old Jul 16, 18, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genetk44 View Post

OMG! That was bad enough in an AC DC8 with actual first class service....in a modern 737 with present day J class service it would be awful...and economy must have been hellish.
I think I might want to try the DC-8 with first class.
Old Jul 16, 18, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
it was awesome back in the day...and real food too.
Old Sep 4, 18, 8:54 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
I have had to fly AC's 7M8 a few times recently and a few times in Y. The washroom and galley space is sad. The washroom sink is smaller than my dogs water bowl. The result is that after the first two passengers have used the washroom, the floor is a mess with water everywhere. Seems like an aircraft design issue as another airline had the same. And since the galley space in the back is so small, 20 mins before landing, the crew tossed a couple of garbage bags in the washroom, locked the door and took one of the washrooms out of service.
Old Sep 4, 18, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
. And since the galley space in the back is so small, 20 mins before landing, the crew tossed a couple of garbage bags in the washroom, locked the door and took one of the washrooms out of service.
I had always thought the mess on floor was a passenger near miss, never thought that crew tossing all that wet garbage may also be a cause for the messy floors
Old Sep 4, 18, 10:16 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
Originally Posted by acysb87 View Post
I had always thought the mess on floor was a passenger near miss, never thought that crew tossing all that wet garbage may also be a cause for the messy floors
Well to be fair, it was messy way before the garbage bags were tossed in. They locked the door so no one could add to the mess.
Seriously those washrooms need a rethink. If the sink is not a little bigger the mess will continue and before long the washrooms/planes will need to go out of service. Also may help if the paper towels were closer or preferably over the sink.
Old Oct 17, 18, 11:51 am

Programs: E35K (2019)
Flying OGG - YVR in December which arrives at 07:20, anyone have experience doing a red-eye in J on the 7M8 yet?

Have to head to work when I arrive so I'm hoping there is a possibility to sleep on this flight...
Old Oct 17, 18, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by YVRPPL View Post
Flying OGG - YVR in December which arrives at 07:20, anyone have experience doing a red-eye in J on the 7M8 yet?

Have to head to work when I arrive so I'm hoping there is a possibility to sleep on this flight...
Depends on how sleepy you are. I have slept anywhere between 9 hours to 0 on narrow body J and PY.
Old Oct 17, 18, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, A3*S, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond
When I'm exhausted, I can sleep on a BEH.

When I'm not, I find narrow-body J (or wide-body PY) very difficult to sleep in.
Old Nov 5, 18, 8:20 am

Programs: Too Many
Does AC fly the same model/engine type that Lion Air flies?

This is disturbing coming out of the investigation - although early, yet, might this be a design flaw ?

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 6, 18 at 1:21 pm Reason: off topic
Old Nov 5, 18, 8:30 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
> Experts find faults on two more Lion Air Boeing 737 MAX 8

This was my worry when I saw the news. I flew on one of the new AC 737s last week and LOVED it, it was a clean, comfortable, quiet plane so I hope they can sort it out.
skybluesea likes this.
Old Nov 5, 18, 9:09 am
5mm

Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
The Prime Rib was always good. Plus, you got the choice of Rare, Med Rare or well done. Seat was not the best. Basically a bad Dom J seat, with a big movie scene in front of row 1.
Old Nov 5, 18, 11:00 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Yesterday the GA jumped the gun a bit early, letting us board onto AC615 in YHZ (which was late because of headwind from LHR) so I was waiting around on the jet bridge right at the door for a couple of minutes as the crew did their final whatever.

Ground maintenance crew were under my feet, talking about a rivet line being unusual. Its hardly the first 7M8 in Halifax, I could not tell if the comments were professional curiosity of the way they do things in Seattle viz Toulouse, or there was actually some concern.

New plane smell had definitely worn off of tail 503.

Search this Thread