Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limited Time only: AC World Pass

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by mamau
.....any chance that the offers will extend beyond January 31? If not, I'll stock-up.
I received a reminder e-mail yesterday and it said
"Hurry! This pass is only available until January 31, 2017."
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Rouge flies to Osaka? That might be worth it.
Osaka is seasonal, if it was year round I would have bought one.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Osaka is seasonal, if it was year round I would have bought one.
Huh. It's a rouge 767 for 10 hours. Surely there has to be a better option.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:22 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
It's back

WORLD PASS
  • From Western Canada
    MB, AB, SK, BC, YT, NK
Zones North America Europe &North Africa South America Asia Middle East & India Australia
Destinations Price per credit
✓$1,618 Premium Rouge Pass
✓$1,223**North America Pass
✓✓$2,450 Europe and North Africa Pass
✓✓✓$2,750 South America Pass
✓✓✓✓$2,500 Asia Pass
✓✓✓✓✓$3,050 Middle East & India Pass
✓✓✓✓✓✓$3,285 Worldwide Pass

From Eastern Canada
ON, QC, NL, PE, NB, NS

Zones North America Europe &North Africa South America Asia Middle East & India Australia
✓$1,466 Premium Rouge Pass
✓✓$2,150 Europe and North Africa Pass
✓✓✓$2,400 South America Pass
✓✓✓✓$2,900 Asia Pass
✓✓✓✓✓$2,800 Middle East & India Pass
✓✓✓✓✓✓$4,300 Worldwide Pass

Last edited by BlondeBomber; Dec 5, 2017 at 7:32 am
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:38 am

ouch.... its price per credit....

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
It's back

WORLD PASS
  • From Western Canada
    MB, AB, SK, BC, YT, NK
✓$1,618 Premium Rouge Pass
✓✓$2,450 Europe and North Africa Pass
✓✓✓$2,750 South America Pass
✓✓✓✓$2,500 Asia Pass
✓✓✓✓✓$3,050 Middle East & India Pass
✓✓✓✓✓✓$3,285 Worldwide Pass

From Eastern Canada
ON, QC, NL, PE, NB, NS

✓$1,466 Premium Rouge Pass
✓✓$2,150 Europe and North Africa Pass
✓✓✓$2,400 South America Pass
✓✓✓✓$2,900 Asia Pass
✓✓✓✓✓$2,800 Middle East & India Pass
✓✓✓✓✓✓$4,300 Worldwide Pass

Last edited by global happy traveller; Dec 5, 2017 at 7:41 am Reason: found it!
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
where did you find this....i'm searching for it but no luck.I only found exorbitantly high prices.
Go to shop for flight passes, select your province of residence, and then on the top left of the pass stuff is the World pass "7/7"

And yes, the prices aren't that great, but there are people who buy them.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: AC*SE
Be cautious!

Every year I would buy the World Travel Pass - North America - 8 Credits for Two Travelers - Business Class.

This year they've changed the eligible routes and I can no longer fly from YYT -LAX nor YYT-HNL

Those cities are listed in the available cities but not available on the eligible routes.

EDIT: Just talked to AC --- there was a problem with their website and those particular routings still exist.

Last edited by outsideset; Dec 5, 2017 at 10:07 am Reason: Updated info
Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Free Agent
ability to book/change in D without the change penalty and to book one ways is the key draw of these tools for me
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canolakid
ability to book/change in D without the change penalty and to book one ways is the key draw of these tools for me
I agree. That is always the one positive for Latitude and Business passes, especially for international.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
To Asia at 2900 one way is the same price as P fares return, which also include stop-overs.
The first time this was offered was a great deal, since then it has gone from fair to poor to rip-off territory.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
To Asia at 2900 one way is the same price as P fares return, which also include stop-overs.
The first time this was offered was a great deal, since then it has gone from fair to poor to rip-off territory.
Uhm which cities are we talking about. Cause YYZPVG have been 3.5K- 4K for P for over a year now.
I think the agrument made was that this is a good deal if you need flexibility.
Yet when you think about it... a lot of time AC only charge 200-400 in change fees so in reality the "flexibility saving" is nonexistent as long as your average change per flight is below 2.

So I dont know who is pricing these.. but more importantly, why would one buy this.... Unless you are the type of person who says "Damn, I need to hop a flight to HKG in 48 hours".
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally Posted by outsideset
Be cautious!

Every year I would buy the World Travel Pass - North America - 8 Credits for Two Travelers - Business Class.

This year they've changed the eligible routes and I can no longer fly from YYT -LAX nor YYT-HNL

Those cities are listed in the available cities but not available on the eligible routes.

EDIT: Just talked to AC --- there was a problem with their website and those particular routings still exist.
They seem to have fixed the website problem now.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
That's right, except these passes book into P, not D.

This pass allows you to come back home early from a business trip without paying through the nose. Also allows you to do a last minute trip that could be way more on a non-flexible fare.

It can add up to pretty big savings if you are the target market.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
That's right, except these passes book into P, not D.

This pass allows you to come back home early from a business trip without paying through the nose. Also allows you to do a last minute trip that could be way more on a non-flexible fare.

It can add up to pretty big savings if you are the target market.
+1
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
We are regular purchasers of East-West Connector Flight Passes and have a good understanding of how they work and the benefits they provide to us. In 2018 we've got two adventures planned, one to Morocco and the other to Italy. Based on what I've researched so far on routes/fares, it would seem that a World Pass might be a good choice. As we've never bought and used a World Pass and the details on the AC site seem to assume a knowledgeable traveler. I don't want to make an expensive mistake, so thought I turn to the gurus here.

The most important question that doesn't appear to be answered on the AC site is, does the World Flight pass cover codeshare flights? For example, our preferred outbound itinerary to Morocco would be YYC->FRA->RAK (Marrakesh)? The FRA to RAK flight is a AC codeshare, operated by Lufthansa. For the Italy trip we'd likely be flying in and out of airports that AC doesn't serve, so would need to use Lufthansa operated codeshares in those cases as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.