Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Limited Time only: AC World Pass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
A very valid idea.
You do realize, though, that there will soon be a new fuel surcharge on the exact routes you are thinking about.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by YEG USER
There would not be any available flights since AC does not operate flights to Bangkok.

You would have to buy the pass to a city served by AC and then purchase a separate onward ticket.
Originally Posted by CT1
Western Canada pass isn't valid for BKK.
Too bad. Then I would not be able to take advantage of this nice deal. Thanks for the info guys.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Too bad. Then I would not be able to take advantage of this nice deal. Thanks for the info guys.
Why not?
Fly to HKG, and take cheap flights ( Air Asia, etc) from there to BKK.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Why not?
Fly to HKG, and take cheap flights ( Air Asia, etc) from there to BKK.
I agree. I would never buy I ticket here in Canada. Get a HKG-BKK ticket in Asia and it's much much cheaper. Just fly to HKG.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Needing trips to Asia from YYZ, I am thinking that the Western Pass is much better
value, and I can just use AE to position myself YYZ-YWG. Any thoughts?
The trouble with that is you'll need to fly YWG-YVR-Asia. I just looked up YWG-YVR-HKG and discovered you have to overnight in YVR to do this. So YYZ-YWG is easy but the rest is less convenient / time consuming.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by RCyyz
The trouble with that is you'll need to fly YWG-YVR-Asia. I just looked up YWG-YVR-HKG and discovered you have to overnight in YVR to do this. So YYZ-YWG is easy but the rest is less convenient / time consuming.
Couldn't you do YWG-YYZ-HKG? I haven't checked, but I'd have thought if YYC-YYZ-HKG was legal, YWG could do it as well.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
Couldn't you do YWG-YYZ-HKG? I haven't checked, but I'd have thought if YYC-YYZ-HKG was legal, YWG could do it as well.
yes that works with an overnight in YYZ on dates I checked.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
Especially with Olympics coming in February. I suspect mant would fly west to get to Sochi.
Yes, but you need to factor in the price of the rt. flights from Asia to Socchi to see if that would be worthwhile, no?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Very true. We got a Z fare from East coast to ICN in May next year for $2394 all in on AC. Too bad this doesn't exist any more, or I would have jumped in and bought with both hands!
Having been a customer of the Latitude Eastern Canada to Europe Flight Pass many times this year, I can say the pricing is not the only thing that I look at.

I find the biggest benefit of FPs is the flexibility to book relatively last second (within a few days let's say), pay usually less than a la carte per flight, and still get the requisite COS.

I find that strictly comparing cost per mile for FPs is not the the way to do it, unless $ is the only thing that drives one's decision.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Having been a customer of the Latitude Eastern Canada to Europe Flight Pass many times this year, I can say the pricing is not the only thing that I look at.

I find the biggest benefit of FPs is the flexibility to book relatively last second (within a few days let's say), pay usually less than a la carte per flight, and still get the requisite COS.

I find that strictly comparing cost per mile for FPs is not the the way to do it, unless $ is the only thing that drives one's decision.
What you said is true.

But in my case, it is $, cabin, and routing. Being a leisure traveler, flexibility or being able to book last-minute are not really what I would go after. That's why I have never bought any Latitude FP, or any FP! I would buy latitude fare, not because of the flexibility but because of the price and the ability to upgrade.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by yyznomad

Also being able to get reasonable one way fares TPAC and TATL.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
Originally Posted by Dorian
Also being able to get reasonable one way fares TPAC and TATL.
Doubt you will get reasonable one even with a LAT fare. Usually priced into the $3500 range given my experience. (Having forgot to cancel a FP dual booking)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Aspan
Doubt you will get reasonable one even with a LAT fare. Usually priced into the $3500 range given my experience. (Having forgot to cancel a FP dual booking)
I'm talking about the FP. $1400 one way in LAT from YVR.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC -SE, SPG-PLT, HH-G, Natl XcElite
I see the pricing as attractive when compared to typical AC pricing for the Western to Asia route. But as noted by others on this thread, paying $3k for J from YVR to asia is now common place with all the Chinese carrier competition....

I eagerly await asian competition to YYZ....c'mon... largest asian population center in North America... get me a pass for YYZ to Asia for $1800 each way and ability to add a second name!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

[deleted]

Last edited by Dorian; Dec 26, 2013 at 4:01 pm Reason: browser issues

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.