FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Qualification for Altitude status in 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1527882-qualification-altitude-status-2014-a.html)

Air Canada Altitude Dec 5, 2013 4:30 am

Qualification for Altitude status in 2014

Following the announcement of our new Boeing 787 Dreamliner service yesterday, we wanted to give you some information about Air Canada Altitude in 2014.

Over the next few days, we will begin qualifying members for 2014 Air Canada Altitude status. We’ll be reverting back to the process many of you will recall from previous years, where we run a few qualification ‘sweeps’ over the course of December and January, at which point your new, higher Altitude status will become effective immediately. (Of course, if your status will drop, it will only take effect in March 2014.) Rest assured that if you log into the Altitude website this month and can’t choose your Select Privileges, we haven’t forgotten you – you will be captured in a later sweep.

Also worth mentioning is that this year, we will deliver your Altitude membership package with all components included, unlike last year where we first delivered your Altitude package with your membership cards and luggage tags, then followed up with any Select Privileges you chose. The one exception here is for Elite 35K members who choose International Maple Leaf and Star Alliance Business Lounge access; in this case, you will receive a Maple Leaf Club Worldwide card in a separate mailing. However, we have streamlined the process to ensure you receive this important card even more quickly than before.

Below are some of the changes coming to Air Canada Altitude in 2014
  • eUpgrade Add-ons and other changes to eUpgrade eligibility Earlier this year, we announced some important changes coming to eUpgrades beginning March 1, 2014. These included the introduction of eUpgrade Add-ons, a supplementary payment in addition to the required number of eUpgrade Credits, which will apply for certain Altitude members when upgrading from eligible Flex fares on longhaul international flights. Additionally, we also announced some changes to the way you can request upgrades for companions. You can find more details about these changes here.

• Montreal Domestic Maple Leaf Lounge access for Prestige 25K members Last year, this benefit was offered on a promotional basis, and this year it will be introduced as a Core Privilege. Effective immediately, when travelling on a Air Canada Express flight from Montreal to Toronto City Airport, Prestige 25K members can visit the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge located in the domestic departure zone of Montreal Trudeau Airport.

• Changes to Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes In response to member feedback, and in order to provide a more exclusive atmosphere in our international lounges, the Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes which Altitude members can choose as a Select Privilege will be changing. Beginning this year, Guest Passes will only offer access to Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder zones of Canadian airports, as well as those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia). Other conditions will remain the same. As in previous years, Altitude members will continue to have the option to choose other Select Privileges which will offer access to all of our Maple Leaf Lounges Worldwide.
Otherwise, the Core Privileges and Select Privileges that you’ve come to enjoy will remain the same for the 2014 benefit year. You can find all of the latest details at altitude.aircanada.com.

alc Dec 5, 2013 5:00 am

So, look like my dad will not be getting my MLL Pass any more when he visit HKG in the future for use in YYZ or YVR. :(

It will be a good change if they actually allow any *A ticket holder enter MLL.

mevlannen Dec 5, 2013 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude (Post 21907053)
... we will deliver your Altitude membership package with all components included, unlike last year ....

Good -- that's 98% of the irritation removed in one simple action!

(now I can go back to snoozing under my duvet in seat 1A....)

mpc1 Dec 5, 2013 5:10 am

We’ll be reverting back to the process many of you will recall from previous years, where we run a few qualification ‘sweeps’ over the course of December and January, at which point your new, higher Altitude status will become effective immediately. altitude.aircanada.com.

This makes me happy. As someone who just qualified for a higher status this month, not having to wait until March 1st is welcome news. Thanks

Jasper2009 Dec 5, 2013 5:11 am

AC has also published the detailed 2014 Altitude benefits guide.

A few friend and family will miss getting access to the int´l MLL with my passes, c´est la vie.

PeteO Dec 5, 2013 5:46 am

MLL Access

In YUL, it will be somewhat of a relief.

The int'l MML in YUL is more of a hallway than a lounge, and is always so full that it's not very enjoyable. Limiting access may help a bit.

FLYmetoYOW Dec 5, 2013 5:46 am

Over the next few days, we will begin qualifying members for 2014 Air Canada Altitude status. We’ll be reverting back to the process many of you will recall from previous years, where we run a few qualification ‘sweeps’ over the course of December and January, at which point your new, higher Altitude status will become effective immediately. (Of course, if your status will drop, it will only take effect in March 2014.) Rest assured that if you log into the Altitude website this month and can’t choose your Select Privileges, we haven’t forgotten you – you will be captured in a later sweep.

This might be a silly question (hopefully not!) but what if we are in a first 'sweep' and then manage to qualify for a higher status by Dec 31? I'll be hitting SE on December 19th :)

ridefar Dec 5, 2013 5:50 am

Thanks for communicating via FlyerTalk Air Canada Altitude. Speaking only for myself, I appreciate the effort at communication and openness. Also nice to see that Altitude is running smoothly and there are no devaluations/enhancements at this time. Now if we could only resurrect IKK… ;)

Tractor Boy Dec 5, 2013 6:23 am

[*]Montreal Domestic Maple Leaf Lounge access for Prestige 25K members Last year, this benefit was offered on a promotional basis, and this year it will be introduced as a Core Privilege. Effective immediately, when travelling on a Air Canada Express flight from Montreal to Toronto City Airport, Prestige 25K members can visit the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge located in the domestic departure zone of Montreal Trudeau Airport.

[/B][/URL].

I guess those flights to YTZ aren't doing too well!

As you are honouring us with your presence these days Air Canada Altitude...why don't you comment on the changes to Flex fares, screw up over the eUp expiry dates etc etc. Oh I forgot, that would involve honesty and real communication.....!

VoodooYYC Dec 5, 2013 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Tractor Boy (Post 21907404)
I guess those flights to YTZ aren't doing too well!

As you are honouring us with your presence these days Air Canada Altitude...why don't you comment on the changes to Flex fares, screw up over the eUp expiry dates etc etc. Oh I forgot, that would involve honesty and real communication.....!

Gee, it's really hard to figure out why they don't comment on here more...

Why don't you knock it off with the snide remarks, and ask a question in a respectful manner if you actually have a legitimate query.

I'm getting so weary of all the pissing and moaning around here lately. Things are changing, not always for the better, but it's the same industry wide. I don't seem to see many programs that are increasing benefits, or even leaving them status quo. But for some reason AC is the worst of the worst.

If you're so upset, leave. Otherwise, at least comment in an adult manner.

Tractor Boy Dec 5, 2013 6:40 am

Originally Posted by VoodooYYC (Post 21907444)
Why don't you knock it off with the snide remarks, and ask a question in a respectful manner if you actually have a legitimate query.

There are many legitimate questions that were asked in the threads about the eUps expiry dates, the changes in Flex fare classes etc. Did they receive any answers from the AC rep?

I don't see any value whatsoever in them just posting PR that is available on the AC website anyway. What do we gain from that? Communication is about more than PR. It is about answering questions..and being honest about difficult subjects as well as easy ones.

Does the Air Canada Altitude rep meet those standards?

millerwon Dec 5, 2013 6:45 am

This may be obvious, but is like a typical status upgrade? I pick my privileges until the turn-over period and repack again in February?

Or is what I pick now going to stick with me for 15 months?

zuluone Dec 5, 2013 6:51 am

Excited about these changes! I was not looking forward to waiting until March for status when I crossed 50 K a few weeks ago and will cross 75k next week.

ridefar Dec 5, 2013 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Tractor Boy (Post 21907469)
There are many legitimate questions that were asked in the threads about the eUps expiry dates, the changes in Flex fare classes etc. Did they receive any answers from the AC rep?

I don't see any value whatsoever in them just posting PR that is available on the AC website anyway. What do we gain from that? Communication is about more than PR. It is about answering questions..and being honest about difficult subjects as well as easy ones.

Does the Air Canada Altitude rep meet those standards?

As inconsistent as it may seem, I agree with you both.

I do think that ACAltitude is more likely to participate actively here (rather than just posting press release like material) if we maintain some civility and are not unrelentingly hostile. Could they be more open? Of course. But we could also do *a lot* to create a more welcoming environment for them. All I know is that I wouldn't come here either if I was in their shoes given the tone of the rhetoric here.

vernonc Dec 5, 2013 6:59 am

It would be nice if Altitude members could select preferred seats in advance with codeshare tickets on AC metal. I know AC would like us to all buy AC tickets but this is not always possible. I would think AC would want to take care of their Altitude members flying on AC metal.