Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Qualification for Altitude status in 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualification for Altitude status in 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by Lornag
Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude
Beginning this year, Guest Passes will only offer access to Maple Leaf Lounges located in the domestic and transborder zones of Canadian airports, as well as those in Los Angeles and New York (LaGuardia).
I have to wonder why you chose LAX as one of the two international lounges to use MLL guest passes. That can be a very crowded lounge and now that Air New Zealand lounge is moving, few places can take any overflow.
Where's it moving to? That's terrible the Air NZ lounge is great compared to the MLL.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
You sir are Brilliant. I called in and they got me on the same flights, for no additional miles in the business cabin (YVR-->YWG (stop) --> YYC (stop) --> YVR) and I used my first change free to save the change fee!

so yes, it was still 50,000 and they can't refund the miles (which I'm fine with, it's a posted policy) but it was great they were able to confirm me in the business cabin.

Now what do I do with my 106 eUpgrade Credits......
Do you have any open nominee slots? I'm sure there are many people on FT who could use them.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.0.1803 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Where's it moving to? That's terrible the Air NZ lounge is great compared to the MLL.
Air NZ is moving to Tom Bradley and last I read into a new Star lounge there.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 6:10 pm

D'oh!! Thanks, it was definitely just the fit to screen making the 5 look like a 6! @:-)

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Try to zoom in more, it clearly says 75,000 miles / 75 segments.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
That would be nice

Is there a special Aeroplan number for SE, or is the old one (I don't think it changed from 35k to 50k to 75k) the same?
There's no special AP SE number. Just the regular SE number and press 3 or 4 to reach AP. It just gives you highest priority in the queue. Nothing special unlike the concierge number where the latter is really for SE's.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by supatight80
There's no special AP SE number. Just the regular SE number and press 3 or 4 to reach AP. It just gives you highest priority in the queue. Nothing special unlike the concierge number where the latter is really for SE's.
OH so it's the main AC number!

As E75K, there was an E75K AC number, and a seperate priority Altitude number for Aeroplan.

And I just tried it. After 1 for English, it's 3 for Aeroplan.

Good to know, thanks
Old Dec 6, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude
However, we have streamlined the process to ensure you receive this important card even more quickly than before.
Gotta love the spin machine in full swing. "Even more quickly" as in "a few days faster than the two months it took for E35K members to get their *G lounge card last year"? Or as in "we will try not to f*** this up as badly this time around?"
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: AC E50K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ridefar
As inconsistent as it may seem, I agree with you both.

I do think that ACAltitude is more likely to participate actively here (rather than just posting press release like material) if we maintain some civility and are not unrelentingly hostile. Could they be more open? Of course. But we could also do *a lot* to create a more welcoming environment for them. All I know is that I wouldn't come here either if I was in their shoes given the tone of the rhetoric here.
Doing PR is a b*tch when you have unhappy customers. That's why PR wonks get paid the big bucks.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I am a SE100K again, and my wife is an E35K again.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I haven't seen this mentioned up thread, so I'll share it for anyone else in a similar position.

If you opted for the lowered re-qualification privilege, it actually works. I'm sitting at about 48,000 AQMs and received a "welcome to Altitude 35k" email a couple of weeks ago. But after logging into my Altitude dashboard, I was able to choose my E50 package for 2014. Surprisingly smooth process!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: AC E75K / Marriott Silver Elite / SPG
(Posted to wrong thread) doh!
Old Dec 7, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Any idea how often the sweeps will be? I flew segment 95 on Dec 2. It posted on the 4th or 5th and my dashboard says I have 100% of the segments, but NO acknowledgement of reaching SE.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by SearsTower
Any idea how often the sweeps will be? I flew segment 95 on Dec 2. It posted on the 4th or 5th and my dashboard says I have 100% of the segments, but NO acknowledgement of reaching SE.
Wish I knew. I qualified for SE a week ago but received an email this morning inviting me to select my E75K package for 2014!
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Plat Ambassador, HHonor Gold, Marriot Silver, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS, ABTC
One minor gripe:

1) Last year I upgraded my mom to E50K per the new SE benefit
2) This year I wanted to upgrade her again, but it site says I can't upgrade her until March 1, 2014 (since she's E50K already til then).
3) If I wait til then there is a chance a) I'll forget by a few weeks b) she won't get her new E50K package until April/May.

Wish they would allow you to "buffer" the upgrade on an existing member.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by fin 645
Air NZ is moving to Tom Bradley and last I read into a new Star lounge there.
That's kind of sad...I really enjoy spending time in the NZ lounge after arriving on AC and waiting for my connecting flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.