Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Qualification for Altitude status in 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualification for Altitude status in 2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:37 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Please catch me in the sweep this December .

I'm a bit disappointed because I used 50,000 miles for a flight in December when if I knew the sweep was coming I would have waited to IKK for 25,000.

BUT, as long as I get caught in the sweep I can at least still eUpgrade those fares under 100k policy!
Whoever read my post and did their magic THANK YOU. 2 hours after posting account flipped to 100k!

The AC social Media / Internet teams are pretty damn amazing at what they do.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by maradori
Pfft, didn't you just cross 100K a few days ago
Yes, but I'd like the card, luggage tags, and 5 (?) lounge passes.

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Whoever read my post and did their magic THANK YOU. 2 hours after posting account flipped to 100k!

The AC social Media / Internet teams are pretty damn amazing at what they do.
Mine too

I am officially Super Elite!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:04 pm

Aww, makes me wish I'd hit 100 by now. Will have to wait for the next sweep, as I hit it on the 16th.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:05 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I am officially Super Elite!
Don't get too excited. Until I get more clarification from @ACAltitude, it looks like we'll just be SE "in name only"

https://twitter.com/ACAltitude/statu...44094895443968

@chenrob They will occur in intervals. No set dates as of yet. Benefits will kick in in March 14' /dp
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Don't get too excited. Until I get more clarification from @ACAltitude, it looks like we'll just be SE "in name only"

Pretty sure they are speaking of things like eUpgrade credits etc.

I just in the last 30 min IKK'd a domestic flight for 25,000 after getting 100k 30 minutes before that. Looks like boarding cards are updated too.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue

Crossed 100k just a few days ago, and my AC Altitude dashboard also already shows me as SE. This is nice. Would think that the privileges are already in force...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Now I'm excited to fly home for another reason. I get to use the SE checkin line finally. I have luggage this trip so it's unavoidable.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Now I'm excited to fly home for another reason. I get to use the SE checkin line finally. I have luggage this trip so it's unavoidable.
Heh. I'm very tempted to check a bag when I fly home for Christmas now. It was a serious possiblity before, but now I'm almost certainly going to do it, just for the line

IKK also seems awesome. Like... I could book SFO-YUL-YYZ on December 21 in J for 50k pointss

Or SFO-YYZ in Y for 25k.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: AC 100k, BA
I passed 100k in late November and miles posted early December. Dashboard still showed 75k status. Just checked in today and status now shows as 100k and I was able to make Bundle 1, 2 and 3 selections.

I don't expect this is the "Early Recognition" feature officially available until October 15 and unofficially extended by 2 or 3 weeks. In other words, I am not about to receive 70 eUpgrades with a February 2015 expiry and then get another 70 at the start of the 2014 status year. Of course, I hope I am wrong about that!

But if I receive 100k contact numbers, concierge access and 100k priority at airports, that is a lot more than I was expecting 3 hours ago.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by YYJForever

But if I receive 100k contact numbers, concierge access and 100k priority at airports, that is a lot more than I was expecting 3 hours ago.
... and IKK which seems to be already available...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
I tried to make the selections in options 1,2,3 but it won't let me Confirm them. Spoke to AC and there seems to be an IT glitch. What else is new. I tried on 3 different PC's. Will try again tomorrow.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by YYJForever
I passed 100k in late November and miles posted early December. Dashboard still showed 75k status. Just checked in today and status now shows as 100k and I was able to make Bundle 1, 2 and 3 selections.

I don't expect this is the "Early Recognition" feature officially available until October 15 and unofficially extended by 2 or 3 weeks. In other words, I am not about to receive 70 eUpgrades with a February 2015 expiry and then get another 70 at the start of the 2014 status year. Of course, I hope I am wrong about that!

You would not have received 70 extra eup credits even if you crossed by out 15. E75 and SE100konly receive an additional 15 eups each as part of early qualification.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by Silvercity
I tried to make the selections in options 1,2,3 but it won't let me Confirm them. Spoke to AC and there seems to be an IT glitch. What else is new. I tried on 3 different PC's. Will try again tomorrow.
Mine worked no problem. I also used IKK and booked a Vegas flight
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:30 pm

I don't know what to choose in Bundle 3. Probably eUps. Decisions decisions...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
I too hit SE status in late November and my page shows SE now.

I have a flight next week and I am 7 days out, I was able to jump on and upgrade my return flight in the 7 day SE window. This morning I was waitlisted for an upgrade on the outbound in the 6 day window.

It was faster than I expected to get the SE benefits, which I have to say I'm happy about. Not happy about all that much with Altitude but this was a very pleasant surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.