Wiki Posts
Search

Need a single AQS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E50, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Silver, Enterprise+
Need a single AQS

Sitting at 49 AQS with no other trips planned for the year. What is the cheapest way to get a segment from YOW? How far out one needs to book a flight so to get the lowest fares? Too bad Tango did not give out AQS back in June as I did YOW-YYZ-YOW
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
AC matches Porter sales so watch for those, especially one to Montreal. Then watch for Via Rail sales (or have a friend drive to Montreal to meet you) and either enjoy the weekend or just enjoy the day and drive home.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:18 pm

Do you care more about total time spent or do you care more about total cost? Or best time:money ratio?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hydrogen
Do you care more about total time spent or do you care more about total cost? Or best time:money ratio?
Definitely spend. As long as I can get back home on the same day I am good with it...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by mugsy1
Definitely spend. As long as I can get back home on the same day I am good with it...
whats your budget? i can try to find you a decent fare out of YOW
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
whats your budget? i can try to find you a decent fare out of YOW
Thank you for your assistance. Budget is roughly $200 for a return flight (don't want to bother with find alternative transportation back to Ottawa). Right now the lowest I can find is $231 on AC.com to fly YOW-YYZ-YOW one month out on Tango fare.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:47 am

Thank you for your assistance. Budget is roughly $200 for a return flight (don't want to bother with find alternative transportation back to Ottawa). Right now the lowest I can find is $231 on AC.com to fly YOW-YYZ-YOW one month out on Tango fare.
I'd take that actually, it's a pretty good deal considering you are also getting 1000 AQM

Last edited by MaydayMayday; Nov 13, 2013 at 9:56 am
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
31$ more is not bad unless you really can't afford it...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: AP SE
I've been getting return trips to NYC (EWR or LGA) for about that. If you are going to take advantage of the trip to enjoy a destination, that might be more fun than YUL. (just booked a one-way LGA-YYZ for $95 all-in!)
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWzer
31$ more is not bad unless you really can't afford it...
Just trying to get the most bang for my buck. Other threads show SR at a cost of about 50$/segment so I was hoping for something similar for a run of 2 but I guess that price only comes with a certain minimum quantity :-)

Doing a little more digging show $231 is good for flights 2 weeks out so I will wait before pulling the trigger in case of either a last minute trip for the boss or a seat sale.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
I'd take that actually, it's a pretty good deal considering you are also getting 1000 AQM
Since it is Tango it would only be 250 AQM but at least it would be AQSx2.

I wonder if I could plead with AC to grant E50K even if I only have 49 AQS just the way they sometime grant status to FF who just come short of their AQM requirements? I do have 2 segments in June that would count if I would have made the same flights after August...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:21 am

Since it is Tango it would only be 250 AQM but at least it would be AQSx2.

I wonder if I could plead with AC to grant E50K even if I only have 49 AQS just the way they sometime grant status to FF who just come short of their AQM requirements? I do have 2 segments in June that would count if I would have made the same flights after August...
Oh true my mistake regarding the AQM.

AC has a mileage bias (think: threshold gifts) and it's extremely unlikely they would make a pass for AQS.

I would just eat the 231 bucks and do a quick trip. You're so close to *G...why risk it for 200 bucks
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AC*E
If you can fly YOW-YYZ on 11/27-11/29 and return 11/27-11/30, you can get a Tango fare for $200.74 (all in) using promo code ACTE2013.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Well, with the AC 15% WINTER15 promo I was able to get YOW-YYZ-YOW for $186. Flew it last Tuesday and segments posted today so will be E50K "Beginning early next year"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.