Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by yscleo
I had both TD and CIBC ae infinite visa, and redeemed for the flight using my ae points for a trip in Oct. For OLCI it also asked me to pay for the one checked bag. I had to select 0. At the yyz airport the agent said she knows I should get the free checked bag, but could not get the system to waive the charge. She had to call the supervisor, and took them 15 minutes to figure out how not to charge me. Oh, they also don't know how to get zone 2 (instead of zone 5) printed on my boarding pass, for boarding zone.

Earlier this year in March, I had another trip (redeemed my points) and went to the yyz MLL. I did not use TD or CIBC visa for MLL for this year yet (supposed to get one visit, on each card). But for whatever reason the agent when swiping my TD or CIBC visa, says she doesn't see if I'm eligible to get in. I was not happy as I should've been able to use either card, and told her if she really can't let me in, I'll go to Priority Pass lounge as I have passes to that. She eventually said just for this time she'll make an exception and let me in ?!?

It's been many years since ae and TD/CIBC had the arrangement, but they still cannot get this to work.
AC agent at priority checkin was gonna chrg me for my check-in luggage even though i presented her my passport and td ap visa infinite. Explained to her about the $0 fee. She kinda seem confused but eventually gave in after fiddling on her system.

Sitting at the gate area since boarding supposedly should be soon (although i dont even see a plane docked at the gate yet lol). My econ tic says zone 5. Do u show the visa card again to get priority boarding?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by seks
AC agent at priority checkin was gonna chrg me for my check-in luggage even though i presented her my passport and td ap visa infinite. Explained to her about the $0 fee. She kinda seem confused but eventually gave in after fiddling on her system.

Sitting at the gate area since boarding supposedly should be soon (although i dont even see a plane docked at the gate yet lol). My econ tic says zone 5. Do u show the visa card again to get priority boarding?
How old (or young) is your TD Aero Visa Infiite card? With Zone 5 on your boarding pass it seems likely that you card account hasn't been linked up correctly (yet) to Aeroplan and Air Canada's systems.

Anyways, when I've had this issue in the past, I just showed the gate agent my boarding pass and my Visa card. She said she would make mental note and told me to just come up to her during Zone 2 boarding, and no issues. Don't show it while boarding, they are too busy to review and discuss at that time.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
How old (or young) is your TD Aero Visa Infiite card? With Zone 5 on your boarding pass it seems likely that you card account hasn't been linked up correctly (yet) to Aeroplan and Air Canada's systems.
it was a cibc card...then got transitioned to td.

do i call td or ac or ap for this issue?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond

My econ tic says zone 5. Do u show the visa card again to get priority boarding?
I just showed my visa card together with boarding pass at the time of boarding.

It's TD now, but it's not much use calling TD or ae about it. They'll just point fingers at each other.

Now that AC is cutting ae, there is even less incentive for TD/cibc and ae, to try to fix those issues.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: *void

TD probably messed up the setup of your card when they took over control of your CIBC card. TD are still issuing Aeroplan Visa cards, and they are the initiial instigator to get the process started, so I would contact them. Mention that this is a card that has been in existence since 2014 and you've never (?) been able to get the Zone 2 and free luggage on the first try. You can't be the only one in this situation.

Just to be sure though, let's back up a step. Has your Aeroplan number changed since you applied for the CIBC card? If the Aero number that is linked to the card is not the same as the Aero account that was used to redeem for the flight reward, then there's that obvious disconnect.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
TD probably messed up the setup of your card when they took over control of your CIBC card. TD are still issuing Aeroplan Visa cards, and they are the initiial instigator to get the process started, so I would contact them. Mention that this is a card that has been in existence since 2014 and you've never (?) been able to get the Zone 2 and free luggage on the first try. You can't be the only one in this situation.

Just to be sure though, let's back up a step. Has your Aeroplan number changed since you applied for the CIBC card? If the Aero number that is linked to the card is not the same as the Aero account that was used to redeem for the flight reward, then there's that obvious disconnect.
Nope always had the same ap acct # since 2009 or something. I guess i will bug td. Tnx
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:28 am

TD infinite visa privilege travel health insurance

Hi there. Does anyone know if a trip booked using BA points (not Aeroplan) would qualify for travel health insurance? (I know that it wouldn't qualify for cancellation/interruption since points aren't Aeroplan). The terms of benefits guide of the card don't seem to exclude trips booked with other points for health insurance....
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Is it my imagination, or are Aeroplan pickings slim to none? All TD AP offerings come with hefty AF attached (even through greedyrates) even for low-ball 15K AP, and same for CIBC. Are there any updates to links/offers in wiki at the top, any other cards that I'm missing that give $0 AP points?

I hate the fragmentation of the points game: every bank woke up to the fact that points are profit center, and each is offering "their own" points at 1c/point value. No value there. As crappy as AP can be, at least you could pool points from multiple banks and get some nice redemptions even above 3c/point value.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Lazarev
Is it my imagination, or are Aeroplan pickings slim to none? All TD AP offerings come with hefty AF attached (even through greedyrates) even for low-ball 15K AP, and same for CIBC. Are there any updates to links/offers in wiki at the top, any other cards that I'm missing that give $0 AP points?

I hate the fragmentation of the points game: every bank woke up to the fact that points are profit center, and each is offering "their own" points at 1c/point value. No value there. As crappy as AP can be, at least you could pool points from multiple banks and get some nice redemptions even above 3c/point value.
Agreed. Amex (via MR conversions) is the only game in town left. I got my last TD Aeroplan card one year ago, and it has probably been closer to two years since I got a CIBC Aeroplan Visa.

Hell, I'd even be willing to pay the AF if you could at least get 25,000 points for signup, or I'd also settle for FYF on 15,000 points. But $120 for 15,000 Aeroplan points is just too lousy of an offer.

The upshot to this is that I've focused more attention on collecting hotel points in the last couple years... I've earned loads of SPG, Marriott and BW points. I still haven't really resorted to any proprietary bank points schemes except for CIBC Aventura back when you could convert to Aeroplan, and after that a one-time shot with BMO a couple of years ago.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:11 am
alc

You can always open an all-inclusive account and have the annual fee wavied. You can cancel the account afterward.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by YULJetSet
Hi there. Does anyone know if a trip booked using BA points (not Aeroplan) would qualify for travel health insurance? (I know that it wouldn't qualify for cancellation/interruption since points aren't Aeroplan). The terms of benefits guide of the card don't seem to exclude trips booked with other points for health insurance....
Dont know about RBC cards, but Amex SPG is explicit:
Full Fare - means 100% of airline ticket price, including taxes, was charged to the card. Full fare is extended to include airline tickets obtained through redemption of points from the card reward program when applicable taxes have been charged to card.

Now, TD and RBC are hardly masters in points game, so likely not as well defined, but worth checking (and claiming the insurance) and arguing that full price is those taxes paid by card.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Air Canada TD infinite privilege supplementary card holder benefits?

I was under the impression that holders of the supplementary card would receive the same benefits as the primary card holder - i.e. separate PP membership with 6 visits, zone 2 boarding and free bag with AC.
I just received the supplemental card and TD / aeroplan saying these benefits do not apply? I completely thought the supplemental card holders get all the same benefits to their aeroplan (zone 2 / free checked bag etc)...

Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
I just received the 10,000 anniversary bonus after holding the card for a full year.

Is this a one-time bonus or is there a chance I may receive it next year too?
heraclitus likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by nli007
I just received the 10,000 anniversary bonus after holding the card for a full year.

Is this a one-time bonus or is there a chance I may receive it next year too?
Well I certainly did not get this.... Only got 5000 points from retention during the process of cancellation
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
I was under the impression that holders of the supplementary card would receive the same benefits as the primary card holder - i.e. separate PP membership with 6 visits, zone 2 boarding and free bag with AC.
I just received the supplemental card and TD / aeroplan saying these benefits do not apply? I completely thought the supplemental card holders get all the same benefits to their aeroplan (zone 2 / free checked bag etc)...
Unfortunately, you were under the wrong impression.

It's "worse" than you dreamed (extra passes), your supplementary card holder can't even share those passes when you're not around.

"Air Canada Benefit Eligibility – Priority Travel Services : With the TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card, Air Canada benefits (the complimentary first checked bag, priority check in and priority boarding) apply whenever the Primary Cardholder travels on a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or under the Air Canada express banner."

I would call TD and complain, saying you're not seeing the benefits of the card you expect, and AP is going defunct - see if they can reduce your AF -'possibly be prepared to walk.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.