Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Did your HHonor Diamond application pan out.

not a word from HH or TD, but since it was pulled a week after I applied not holding my breath, been Gold with HH for years, I will muddle through with that.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:46 am

Exclamation Warning for Scotiabank customers!

My wife does electronic banking from her Scotia account, and one of the things she did on Feb 1st was pay her new TD Visa's bill that had arrived end January. Yesterday she was doing more electronic banking and discovered a credit for the identical amount paid to TD, with the notation "credit memo".

She called Scotiabank and was told that TD had rejected her payment because they couldn't match the Visa card number to any of their records. So she phoned TD at the number listed on the back of the card, and spoke with someone in Bangalore who basically said "nothing to do with us, it's Scotia's server, must be broken". Called Scotia again, and was told there was a problem with the BIN number which had not been sent by TD to Scotiabank.

This morning we walked into our local TD branch, and gave the "where do we go from here" routine to one of their senior staff. The branch official got hold of TD Visa (the Toronto-based folks, not the India-based ones) and was told that indeed there is a problem between TD and Scotia for all cards having as their 5th through 8th digits the number 8830 (the new TD Aeroplan cards). This means that all electronic payments on TD Visa cards get bounced back to Scotia, and the account would become overdue if nothing was done about it.

The solution is as follows:
- Pay your TD Visa bill by walking a cheque into a branch and handing it to a teller, they can post it and it will take.
- Ask for a 2-month "interest block", so you won't get charged overdue fees.

Please note this is only applicable to Scotiabank electronic banking, all other banks are fine.

We were advised that the two banks are dealing with this at the management level, but no definitive fix date is available yet. So if you've made a payment thinking your bill was paid, I would recommend checking to see whether 2 weeks later the same amount appeared back into your Scotia account.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by hazcaddy
My wife does electronic banking from her Scotia account, and one of the things she did on Feb 1st was pay her new TD Visa's bill that had arrived end January. Yesterday she was doing more electronic banking and discovered a credit for the identical amount paid to TD, with the notation "credit memo".

She called Scotiabank and was told that TD had rejected her payment because they couldn't match the Visa card number to any of their records. So she phoned TD at the number listed on the back of the card, and spoke with someone in Bangalore who basically said "nothing to do with us, it's Scotia's server, must be broken". Called Scotia again, and was told there was a problem with the BIN number which had not been sent by TD to Scotiabank.

This morning we walked into our local TD branch, and gave the "where do we go from here" routine to one of their senior staff. The branch official got hold of TD Visa (the Toronto-based folks, not the India-based ones) and was told that indeed there is a problem between TD and Scotia for all cards having as their 5th through 8th digits the number 8830 (the new TD Aeroplan cards). This means that all electronic payments on TD Visa cards get bounced back to Scotia, and the account would become overdue if nothing was done about it.

- Pay your TD Visa bill by walking a cheque into a branch and handing it to a teller, they can post it and it will take.

Please note this is only applicable to Scotiabank electronic banking, all other banks are fine.

We were advised that the two banks are dealing with this at the management level, but no definitive fix date is available yet. So if you've made a payment thinking your bill was paid, I would recommend checking to see whether 2 weeks later the same amount appeared back into your Scotia account.
FYI My new TD card AP issued 1st week of Jan is not 8830 for 5-8 digit, it does have 88** also sure sounds like an IT fail by Scotia
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
No issues with me paying on my TD Aeroplan Visa. And, no, I don't bank with Scotia.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by hazcaddy

Paying Credit card bill by cheque is a pain in the butt. I have not done that for many years.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: AE
It's begging to make sense. Paid my bill just over a week ago at Scotia online, and TD still doesn't have payment. Scotia is pushing it through to TD again and will let me know if there is a problem later this week after they contact them.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
Paying Credit card bill by cheque is a pain in the butt. I have not done that for many years.
It's not forever: just till they get this sorted out!

Originally Posted by Braindrain
No issues with me paying on my TD Aeroplan Visa. And, no, I don't bank with Scotia.
It only applies to folks who do electronic banking with Scotia .

Sorry people, I'm trying to give folks a heads-up that they may have a problem, at least CPYVR understands...
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by xLuther
not a word from HH or TD, but since it was pulled a week after I applied not holding my breath, been Gold with HH for years, I will muddle through with that.
I was dissappointed not getting HHonors Diamond.. But I did send in a request for a Status Match, and was granted HHonors Gold until March 2016. HHonors gave me a Diamond Challenge of 21 nights within the next 90 days, which I've decided not to complete at this time.

I just sent a PM to HHonors asking that the Diamond Challenge be postponed until later in the future (don't want to ruin any chance of being granted another Diamond Challenge in the future). All the while, I'm happy at least to get Gold, and I made a reservation in the summer. We'll have to see where Hilton travels take us. We prefer guarantee booking suites, but if there are no other options, I guess we'll consider using Hilton.

Have you followed up with Hilton to see if you can shake Diamond off the tree? Worth a phone call in my mind since you've applied and haven't heard back. I assume you're keeping VIPP?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I was dissappointed not getting HHonors Diamond.. But I did send in a request for a Status Match, and was granted HHonors Gold until March 2016. HHonors gave me a Diamond Challenge of 21 nights within the next 90 days, which I've decided not to complete at this time.

I just sent a PM to HHonors asking that the Diamond Challenge be postponed until later in the future (don't want to ruin any chance of being granted another Diamond Challenge in the future). All the while, I'm happy at least to get Gold, and I made a reservation in the summer. We'll have to see where Hilton travels take us. We prefer guarantee booking suites, but if there are no other options, I guess we'll consider using Hilton.

Have you followed up with Hilton to see if you can shake Diamond off the tree? Worth a phone call in my mind since you've applied and haven't heard back. I assume you're keeping VIPP?
Said it before but HH Diamond is truly a waste of time. I was Diamond for 5 years and now don't stay at a Hilton ever. The status doesn't do much for you except collecting more points. Starwood Platinum is far better for upgrades and overall program.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Finally remembered what I wanted to let everyone on this thread know. I was contacted by Fairmont as they were requested to post the VIPP fast track onto my Fairmont account. However I had Plat5 on my account already. Fairmont asked me which fast track I wanted on my account. I mentioned Plat5.

Reason being, the email sent to me mentions Platinum in 5 stays. So this clarifies VIPP fast track.. you receive Premier just for signing up, and upon 5 stays (not 5 nights) you receive fast track status to Platinum. With Plat5 Amex Platinum, you receive FPC Platinum in 5 nights.

It would have been a major killjoy for me keeping the VIPP card. The extra points are nice, but I really need to put through $250K and have a higher limit than 10K to justify the extra points.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Got our 3 business cards. Talk about antiquated! No chip, no tap feature! My brother isn't happy as there is a $100 limit at the gas station. His F150 has a BIG tank. Why does TD always have to be so cheap?

Anyone get the new TD bank account promo email? It's targeted and I didn't get the email!!!!!!! Some aim TD!!!
I'm emailing TD and my bank manager to see if they can target me. Otherwise they can stuff it, I'll stay with PCFinancial! Will get the TD Infinity card to churn. Planning on a huge 3J reward to SYD next year.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:55 am

I had yet another conversation yesterday with TD concierge about Airport Angel. They gave me a pin number that was on my account ( never did get text with it ) and shocking did not work.

I was told they work on it and get back to me

I then get email 2 hours later saying try to reset on Airport Angel site, shocking my account and issued password don't work.

I then email them back and tell them, I am done wasting my time, get it fixed in 5 business days or I will reevaluate using TD CC going forward. It's been 7 weeks since enrolling and the continued delays are nonsense.

I also ripped on them about how their "benefits" seem to be fictitious. HH Platinum, I enrolled then it disappears 3-4 days later, Airport Angel never worked, do they have any real benefits ? At least with Amex Platinum the lounge card works, and any benefits like Starwood gold actually happen immediately

Now been 24 hours no response, probably phone again Friday and If I get lip service, calling TD bank and tell them cancel my card and I Will be look at moving all my accounts in 2014, not going to deal with lying bs out of TD Bank
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by xLuther
I then get email 2 hours later saying try to reset on Airport Angel site, shocking my account and issued password don't work.
Make sure you go to this website for your username and password to work.

www.airportangel.com/visacanada
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by Cana2013
That is terrible. Are you able to call Aeroplan to merge the two accounts together?
Update:
Waited 6 days to check back with Aeroplan about the account merge. Agent said that they are looking at a 2 MONTH wait time for the file merges on these due to all the duplicate AP accounts created by TD on these new credit cards. She sounded fed up & said it has caused AP all kinds of problems
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by muskoka
Update:
Waited 6 days to check back with Aeroplan about the account merge. Agent said that they are looking at a 2 MONTH wait time for the file merges on these due to all the duplicate AP accounts created by TD on these new credit cards. She sounded fed up & said it has caused AP all kinds of problems
I fail to understand why AP is upset. They signed with TD and got lots of money for it. Its their problem to deal with. There is no reason for them to
need 2 months to do what seems to make 2 clicks. Amex MR has not problem, SPG has not problem etc., its done as one is on the phone. Both AP and TD are rude to their customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.