Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 7:32 am

TD credit card announcement timeline?

I would be suprised if TD would not try to attract customers by offering FYF!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:32 am

TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege

What is "Global Lounge Service"?

If the information post at RFD Forum is true, the TD offer is really disappointing.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:44 am
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by danapop
Anyone else notice that they are offering priority boarding?? This will dilute my favorite elite benefit...
Agree that don't want to see a UA-style devaluation with everybody with a UA Chase card in Boarding Group 2...

Having said that, IF the details are true (big IF since unofficial), the way I read that is only the top $399 card gets unlimited priority boarding? The midlevel card gets it only on AE reward tickets, and the basic card gets squat.

I don't see a huge addition to the priority boarding ranks IF true.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by CT1
Agree that don't want to see a UA-style devaluation with everybody with a UA Chase card in Boarding Group 2...

Having said that, IF the details are true (big IF since unofficial), the way I read that is only the top $399 card gets unlimited priority boarding? The midlevel card gets it only on AE reward tickets, and the basic card gets squat.

I don't see a huge addition to the priority boarding ranks IF true.

Thoughts?
Works out to same cost as CIBC AeroPlan, $ 120.00 for card and another $250-300 for AC lounge access card, only additional feature I can see is boarding and down side only passes not unlimited lounge access

Can't see it adding to hoards of new people @ boarding, Canadians tend to be cheap on CC
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Has there been any mention of whether the fee will be waived on any of these cards for the "All-Inclusive" chequing account holders? If I had to guess, I'd say the lower two would likely be free, but not likely the $400 card.

Now I just need to decide if I like the Aeroplan Visa Infinite more than my First Class Travel Visa Infinite... I guess it's easy math. If miles are worth more than one cent, the Aeroplan is better value. With IKK, Aeroplan is probably better.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by xLuther
Works out to same cost as CIBC AeroPlan, $ 120.00 for card and another $250-300 for AC lounge access card, only additional feature I can see is boarding and down side only passes not unlimited lounge access

Can't see it adding to hoards of new people @ boarding, Canadians tend to be cheap on CC
No, the CIBC Club Privileges Travel only costs $189 which includes both Priority Check-in and unlimited MLL access if flying AC. Almost 25% cheaper.

However, I also understand the CIBC Club Privileges Travel is being discontinued after 31/12/2013.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801
No, the CIBC Club Privileges Travel only costs $189 which includes both Priority Check-in and unlimited MLL access if flying AC. Almost 25% cheaper.

However, I also understand the CIBC Club Privileges Travel is being discontinued after 31/12/2013.
I bought it once + 5 years ago, essentially it was discounted Maple Club card (which is now $ 365.00) at the time CIBC had some deal and it was in mid $ 200's ( can't remember exact think $ 249)

Point is nothing new in TD most expensive offer other than priority boarding.

Not a good deal @ $399 for AC priority boarding, 4 MLL passes and some sort of lounge card, (guessing discount fee since they don't say unlimited access.)

Should be interesting how they handle the priority boarding, AC not exactly orginized now on that adding a new "class" will cause lots of issues
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Now I just need to decide if I like the Aeroplan Visa Infinite more than my First Class Travel Visa Infinite... I guess it's easy math. If miles are worth more than one cent, the Aeroplan is better value. With IKK, Aeroplan is probably better.
Not that easy. The First Class Travel card points are worth between 1.5 to 4.5%. Personally, I've been valuing Aeroplan at between 1.5 to 3 based on the reward flights I want to book. So I don't see the new Aeroplan cards as shown on RFD as being better than this existing card.

The question is whether TD's First Class Travel card's points will be transferable to Aeroplan, like CIBC's Aventura cards and Amex Membership Rewards.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xLuther
I bought it once + 5 years ago, essentially it was discounted Maple Club card (which is now $ 365.00) at the time CIBC had some deal and it was in mid $ 200's ( can't remember exact think $ 249)

Point is nothing new in TD most expensive offer other than priority boarding.

Not a good deal @ $399 for AC priority boarding, 4 MLL passes and some sort of lounge card, (guessing discount fee since they don't say unlimited access.)

Should be interesting how they handle the priority boarding, AC not exactly orginized now on that adding a new "class" will cause lots of issues
"We are now starting our priority boarding for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, 50K, and 35K, Star Alliance Gold members, TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite cardholders, and TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders."

I think they should split priority boarding. I don't really care where they draw the line, as long as both credit cards are on the other side of it
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:23 am
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
"We are now starting our priority boarding for Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, 50K, and 35K, Star Alliance Gold members, TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite cardholders, and TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders."

I think they should split priority boarding. I don't really care where they draw the line, as long as both credit cards are on the other side of it
Thought the Infinite cardholders only get it for reward tickets - although I know the info is not official? As xLuther said, I don't see many additional folks getting priority boarding based on the rumour posted above.

Having said that you would think they would have to move to a boarding group system like UA...the announcement in English and French is gonna be a 10 minute epic at this point otherwise...
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:31 am

Don't forget folks that while this stuff looks potentially legit, it IS completely rumor as the original poster did not post any sort of evidence that these are based on promotional materials.

That said, it does look plausible doesn't it?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
TD credit card announcement timeline?

I won't be surprise if TD offered crap.They used to have an AA card and it was for 10000 points only. They seem to think people like TD do they'll sign up. What they don't understand is no one is loyal to the card issuer but rather Aeroplan, or whatever the co brand is. CIBC and Amex will just laugh at TD
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by BMGfan
If true, these are terrible deals.

200k minimum income gets 25k bonus on $400 annual fee with a 10k limit? Laughable.

And they've also clearly "enhanced" the aerogold card to guide people to the infinite. I guess you gotta make that money back they spent on buying off CIBC somehow.....
I wonder how hard Amex is laughing... almost the same price for the Amex Aero Plat gets you the same stuff, lower income requirement 50,000 bonus miles with a referral and lounge access any time not just 4 per year, and only on reward tickets.

Last edited by donnyk; Dec 9, 2013 at 9:56 pm
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by donnyk
Originally Posted by BMGfan
If true, these are terrible deals.

200k minimum income gets 25k bonus on $400 annual fee with a 10k limit? Laughable.

And they've also clearly "enhanced" the aerogold card to guide people to the infinite. I guess you gotta make that money back they spent on buying off CIBC somehow.....
I wonder how hard Amex is laughing... almost the same price for the Amex Aero Plat gets you the same stuff, lower income requirement 61,000 bonus miles with a referral and lounge access any time not just 4 per year, and only on reward tickets.
Only thing TD is banking on is that visa is accepted at more places.

Is that worth getting such a garbage deal? Hell no. I'd rather just get the aerogold or infinite from CIBC
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
I would be suprised if TD would not try to attract customers by offering FYF!
I'm surprised.

I hate to point this out so late in the year before TD offers AE.. but it seems the CIBC Aerogold Infinite at 15K bonus and FYF is a sweet deal prior to TD's launch in the new year..

Better jump on the CIBC deal quick before it flies away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.