Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Clipper801
You just have to make sure that the address on file is correct. You don't need to do anything. The way that it is supposed to work is when you receive your new TD card, you have to call to activate it. As your new card is activated, the old card is concurrently cancelled. You will start using the new card.
Thank You very much.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
More confusion!

Applied for a new CIBC Infinity card last week and yesterday I get a card in the mail. Weird I thought... I should have been called by CIBC (have a credit watch on file). I quickly determined that my old card expires next month so this card has the new expiry date. What gets me it's still being issued by CIBC even though I've been sold.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
More confusion!

Applied for a new CIBC Infinity card last week and yesterday I get a card in the mail. Weird I thought... I should have been called by CIBC (have a credit watch on file). I quickly determined that my old card expires next month so this card has the new expiry date. What gets me it's still being issued by CIBC even though I've been sold.
Because the process to move your account to TD will take a few months, so CIBC had to issue you a card first while waiting for the process to complete.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: AP
Do you know how long bonus aeroplan miles will deposit into ap account?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Sure seems like a way to risk losing long-term customers.
Call them to confirm your status with the card. They know if you are staying or being moved as of Jan 1.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by siwen66
Do you know how long bonus aeroplan miles will deposit into ap account?
They should appear on your first statement - typically (but not always) generated around 4 weeks after approval - and then post to AP 24 to 48 hours after that.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
So I find out that my TD rep entered an income more than $200,000 for my getting approved for the Infinite Privilege. I'm a bit livid, because this is unethical. I found out because I applied for a credit limit increase and was denied because I didn't have an income more than $200,000. They asked me has my income changed? I said no, I reported roughly $130,000. And that's when I found out that my rep entered a larger income on her computer when I verbally applied with her at he Branch. The Annual fee was also charged on my account I noticed.

So I switched to the regular Infinite card. Not having a high enough limit to justify carrying Infinite Privilege, doesn't work for me. I think applying for an AeroPlat is back on my radar.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
So I find out that my TD rep entered an income more than $200,000 for my getting approved for the Infinite Privilege. I'm a bit livid, because this is unethical. I found out because I applied for a credit limit increase and was denied because I didn't have an income more than $200,000. They asked me has my income changed? I said no, I reported roughly $130,000. And that's when I found out that my rep entered a larger income on her computer when I verbally applied with her at he Branch. The Annual fee was also charged on my account I noticed.

So I switched to the regular Infinite card. Not having a high enough limit to justify carrying Infinite Privilege, doesn't work for me. I think applying for an AeroPlat is back on my radar.
She expected your income to increase from now on.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
She expected your income to increase from now on.
So I unloaded on the credit department supervisor this afternoon and stated unequivocally the facts. I just want my name cleared of this mess and with the credit adjudication team.

I did the switch because the card isn't worth the annual fee, but I would have kept it if there was a decent amount of spend I can put on it, or if Hilton Diamond was still listed as a benefit.

I just became more gun shy with what cc products I'll be dealing with in the future.

Thanks all for listening to my rant.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond

Was she cute though?

Did she type in 230,000 by mistake, or made up a number >200,000 just so she has a record of getting someone a privilege card?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:40 pm

TD changed my Business Travel Visa to the TD Aeroplan Business Visa. I got the 20,000 bonus as well as first year free and my Business Travel points transferred 1:1 to the new card. I am happy.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yscleo
Was she cute though?

Did she type in 230,000 by mistake, or made up a number >200,000 just so she has a record of getting someone a privilege card?
Not my type..

Are these guys on comission or what? Why make me give her copies of my NOAs if all she's going to do is fudge the numbers anyways.

No phone call back from TD as promised. Just passing the buck and playing games with my credit. Taking no responsibility at all.

I'm ticked, but I'm not incensed yet.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:39 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Welcome to the corporate environment in 2014 where one gets stunned if they get merely correct and error-free service from companies. Reminds me of the old SNL ad: "We are the phone company, we don't care because we don't have to."
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
One person mentioned that in switching cards they had transferred their TD Travel Rewards points to Aeroplan. Has anyone else done this? If so, at what ratio?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Not my type..

Are these guys on comission or what? Why make me give her copies of my NOAs if all she's going to do is fudge the numbers anyways.

No phone call back from TD as promised. Just passing the buck and playing games with my credit. Taking no responsibility at all.

I'm ticked, but I'm not incensed yet.
I feel TD finacial advisors are working on comission, including approving credit card applications. They seem very happy to get you approved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.