Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: VIA Rail - Premier, Fairmont, Cunard - Diamond, AC - Mere mortal
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
As previously mentionned in this thread, it is useless to cancel your "old" CIBC: if you're sold, you're sold since January 1st, and your CIBC is maintained alive only because TD is not ready at this moment. "Meanwhile we're taking care of you" said the CIBC rep whom I talked to. So cancelling The CIBC card will not change anything: you're sold, that's it. You will get the TD anyway. And as soon as you will get it, your CIBC won't be valid anymore. Why would you cancel something that will auto cancel itself?
Last week I talked to CIBC about my transition. Firstly, the rep. could not tell me if my card was going to TD and said I had to wait for a letter. The letter arrived two days later and said I was going to TD. I had asked the rep. what would happen if the new TD card arrived whilst I was abroad (as I intend to be from mid-May to mid-June) and was told the CIBC card will remain active until such time as I activate the TD card. I don't know if there is a time-limit; I doubt someone could continue using the CIBC card indefinitely.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Can anyone comment on their experience getting fees waived for the infinite priviledge?

First time poster and I'm having a real issue getting them waived. I'm negotiating with the customer care center as my assets with TD are substantial.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by Mike Hawhk
Can anyone comment on their experience getting fees waived for the infinite priviledge?

First time poster and I'm having a real issue getting them waived. I'm negotiating with the customer care center as my assets with TD are substantial.
I have been searching around for this info for a while and could not find a single case that the fee is waived or discounted.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:59 am

Make threats to move your assets to CIBC. It did not work for me.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have assets with TD. I could not get them to wave the fee for Privilege card,
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
If my card is being transferred from CIBC to TD, will my account history/length with CIBC also be transferred? As in, will it affect my credit score?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:55 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Applied on the phone with my branch rep.

Was preapproved for: (No Credit Checks Required)
1 Infinite - Me ($5k)
1 Platinum - Wife ($2k)
We have a Select Service (All Inclusive acct)

I accepted both and left my First Class card open.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 12:57 pm

Just got a TD welcome letter explaining I will be moved over later in the year.

But the interesting bit, they included a Maple Leaf lounge guest pass in the letter. Is that standard practice with these letters?

Got a trip planned on AC soon but whole family is with me on this one, a single guest pass isn't much good on this trip and we don't have much time in any airport with a lounge on this trip anyhow, guess I'll store it away for later in the year.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by QueBall

But the interesting bit, they included a Maple Leaf lounge guest pass in the letter. Is that standard practice with these letters?

Got a trip planned on AC soon but whole family is with me on this one, a single guest pass isn't much good on this trip and we don't have much time in any airport with a lounge on this trip anyhow, guess I'll store it away for later in the year.
I got my letter a couple days ago, and the MLL pass, too. But, it's not the same as the pass we get via the Altitude benefits. It's only good in conjunction with reward travel.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:32 pm

Well, it didn't take long for the "enhancements" to begin:

Hilton Diamond status removed

The "Visa Infinite Privilege" card is currently unique to Canada and to TD; it exists nowhere else in the world. Complimentary HHonours Diamond status lasted all of 16 days.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Not so good that the HH benefit dropped is circulating. My application is supposed to take another 3-5 business days. I'm thinking of just going for the regular Infinite Card.

I wonder which other Global Hotel Brand Infinite Privilege is negotiating with?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:19 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by QueBall

Its standard if you have a CIBC Infinite as that is part of their Infinte offerings. As to the value of this certificate...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by Vasco
Well, it didn't take long for the "enhancements" to begin:

Hilton Diamond status removed

The "Visa Infinite Privilege" card is currently unique to Canada and to TD; it exists nowhere else in the world. Complimentary HHonours Diamond status lasted all of 16 days.
Without Hilton Diamond the infinite privilege card seems quite overpriced to me.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by drwilliams
Without Hilton Diamond the infinite privilege card seems quite overpriced to me.
I'd tend to agree, but what do people pay down south for an airline-associated credit card that comes with priority check-in, boarding and luggage allowance? I genuinely don't know...
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Vasco
I really don't support status (especially top tier) being given out by just owning a credit card, regardless of how much the annual fee is. It's just another dilution that erodes benefits.

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I wonder which other Global Hotel Brand Infinite Privilege is negotiating with?
Doubtful that it would be Starwood, as their credit card partner is AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.