Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
[outdated information deleted]
Print Wikipost

Master thread TD Aeroplan credit card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
That basically completely guts the primary reason for the Privilege.

Did they say what was replacing Hilton Diamond? Quite the 180 degree change.
I just did enrollment online ( Visa Infinite Privilege site ) for the HH Diamond status. Still offered and enrollment page is there on site when you log in.

Should be interesting to see what happens
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by xLuther
I just did enrollment online ( Visa Infinite Privilege site ) for the HH Diamond status. Still offered and enrollment page is there on site when you log in.

Perhaps the agent was misinformed. Seems odd they would pull out of a program that was just announced.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by YYZ
Applied for and received Infinite Privilege card. Called to enroll in Hilton Diamond status and was informed that as of yesterday, they are no longer partnering with Hilton nor offering that benefit.

Main website has been updated (not the Visa Infinite Privilege site yet, and there is no link the register with Hilton via the Infinite Privilege concierge site.

I won't be interested if they disconnect the HH benefit. Hope everyone can keep posting updates on this.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

YYZ.. Go to the Infinite Privilege page. TD didn't even market that HH and Fairmont was part of the card benefits. Sounds like TD doesn't know what they are talking about. Go to Infinite Privilege page and enroll.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Did u try to get it reduced to 279?
I tried for either waiver or discount on the privilege card. They said that they weren't giving either for this particular card. Think it makes sense to go for the business, in this case, since they are giving the highest number of bonus points (20K) and will waive the fee for the first year. I actually don't see much of a difference between the business and basic except for the bonus points and they will waive the fee. This tells me I should go for the business card.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:55 am

YYZ.. Go to the Infinite Privilege page. TD didn't even market that HH and Fairmont was part of the card benefits. Sounds like TD doesn't know what they are talking about. Go to Infinite Privilege page and enroll.
My take on this new card is there are 2 parts TD / AP and Visa it self

The reason no discount on more expensive card ( and income requirements) is non AP/AC benefits are part of VISA program that has fixed cost to the bank offering it.

My guess you will see more partnered cards with Visa Infinite Privilege , TD is just the 1st ( in Canada from looks of it)

Like the Aeroplan/Altitude being 2 programs, TD is offering a TD/VISA combined card
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott

The reason no discount on more expensive card ( and income requirements) is non AP/AC benefits are part of VISA program that has fixed cost to the bank offering it.

My guess you will see more partnered cards with Visa Infinite Privilege , TD is just the 1st ( in Canada from looks of it)

Like the Aeroplan/Altitude being 2 programs, TD is offering a TD/VISA combined card
The lounge access provided by Infinite Privilege is not good enough, so it is not very attractive.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:01 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Safti
I tried for either waiver or discount on the privilege card. They said that they weren't giving either for this particular card. Think it makes sense to go for the business, in this case, since they are giving the highest number of bonus points (20K) and will waive the fee for the first year. I actually don't see much of a difference between the business and basic except for the bonus points and they will waive the fee. This tells me I should go for the business card.
If you have a Select Service Acct, do you get the $150 annual fee waiver?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Originally Posted by donnyk
Check your Aeroplan transaction history as well.

My statement just came out and I see the following. I am still 'with' CIBC but flagged for TD.

Distinction qualifying for purchases is a good sign. Documentation tells us the sign-up bonus should be distinction as well.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
The lounge access provided by Infinite Privilege is not good enough, so it is not very attractive.
6 visits included, after that $27 a visit
Old Jan 10, 2014, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold

Visa Infinite and Visa Infinite Privilege is Visa. If Infinite is indicative of what will happen to Privilege, then the program offerings will soon be international.

With HH Diamond in the offerings, there has to be some sort of kickback given to HH to offer top tier status.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:08 pm
YYZ

Programs: AC*E
On the page, and the Fairmont enrollment is listed, but there is no Hilton. This is why I called the Infinite Privilege number (which is not a TD number I don't think, but a VISA Infinite Privilege concierge number), and that is when they told me the program got discontinued yesterday. I actually just called again, and another different agent confirmed that the program has been discontinued as of a day or two days ago.

I hope for everyone's sake I am wrong. I just logged in again, and it is not listed as an option. When I initially registered for the site, there was a checkbox if I was interested in Hilton Diamond, but it never asked me for any enrollment information (HHonours number etc.), so that is why I called.

If you check this TD site and click on footnote 6, you'll see only the Fairmont privilege is mentioned.

http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/product...ilege-card.jsp

If you click on the Hilton program enrollment from this page, it just brings you back to the terms and conditons.

https://visainfinite.ca/privilege/terms.jsp#
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:13 pm
YYZ

This is the number I called from the Visa Infinite Privilege site (I believe the link to this site was posted earlier on this thread).

Eligible Cardholders must enrol into the Hilton Hhonors program to qualify for the automatic Diamond Member Status. Cardholders must call the Visa InfiniteŽ Privilege Concierge at 1-855-822-1240 or click here and provide the information required for enrollment. Cardholders who enrol will receive an automatic upgrade into Hilton Hhonors Diamond. Enrolment is valid until December 31, 2014.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:14 pm
YYZ

That basically completely guts the primary reason for the Privilege.

Did they say what was replacing Hilton Diamond? Quite the 180 degree change.
Only thing both agents said was you can enroll in Fairmont.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by YYZ
This is the number I called from the Visa Infinite Privilege site (I believe the link to this site was posted earlier on this thread).

Eligible Cardholders must enrol into the Hilton Hhonors program to qualify for the automatic Diamond Member Status. Cardholders must call the Visa InfiniteŽ Privilege Concierge at 1-855-822-1240 or click here and provide the information required for enrollment. Cardholders who enrol will receive an automatic upgrade into Hilton Hhonors Diamond. Enrolment is valid until December 31, 2014.
The press here link seems to be there. When clicking on it, it takes you back up to the top of the page, at least on my browser. But its still listed as a benefit, although the T&C does specifically say that the HH offer may discontinue at anytime.

Sounds like low lying fruit a lot of HH Diamond members are getting up in arms about. Perhaps, thats why HH pulled the plug, if indeed they've pulled the plug.

The Aeroplat, or Amex Platinum cards by far provide superior value if HH is deleted as a benefit. Plat5 coupled with benefits. Plat5 seems standalone in Visa Infinite Privilege, but shall be offered for the first time internationally to FPC members. In Canada, Amex Platinum cards are the way to go, unless Privilege adds another low lying fruit benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.