Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

cancelling award ticket after departure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Hello all,
I booked a yul-ist, ist-xic, sgn-yul award ticket. I only have the sgn-yul segment left to fly in early december. Im currently in India and will probably just end up buying a del-yul ticket to go home (tickets are so cheap). Are cancelations permitted at this stage? Will I get points or tax/fees back?
Many thanks,
Jacquesrules
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:36 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
You will not get anything back and will forfeit your ticket.

Why don't you just change your return if your original date doesn't work any more?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:21 am
alc

As Far Siren said, you can change the ticket. In fact, you will just call Aeroplan and ask them to put the ticket "on hold", then you have until date of 1-year of your booking date (according to the rule) to change the ticket and that is when you pay the change fee. In own experience had been 1-year from your departure date of your first segment (i.e. YUL-IST)

-- added --

Forgot to say that remember you can book an one-way Aeroplan ticket with half the miles of a round-trip. So you can book a YUL-SGN only (or other open-jaw city you want) to match up this ticket that you put it "on hold"

Last edited by alc; Oct 27, 2013 at 9:24 am Reason: added info
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Great info, thanks to both. Thing is I'm in India and flying to sng to catch my award flight would cost 350$ (and trouble) while a del-yul ticket cost only 550$. I'd also like to stay in India as long as possible.
As far as I know, I can't change my sgn-yul ticket to del-yul, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.