Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is this eUpgrade chart new?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by splicer100
I think if they posted more often, it would give the image that they care about the frequent flyers. United does not have a great image but at least the United Representative posts more often than AC.
+1. I think it is easier/more valuable (or perceived to be) to respond to the much more visible social media like facebook/twitter and is easier to respond with canned comments to the general public.

Whereas on here, most are FFers/educated users requiring a much more personalized, anticipated, and relevant response. And IME the social media team is not very good at that or getting back to members on important issues (even when DMing through twitter).

And this is why I think its better to respond to your best/most frequent and have a positive image with them so when things go bad/wrong, your FFers are more likely to forgive you.

Anyway, back on topic. I see the chart is now fixed. 6 months later after being reported wrong.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I know this is a very old thread, but the title is appropriate to my question. Earlier this week when I checked out the eUpgrade chart on the AC website, it was showing showing a much expanded range of eligible fares, awards and Standard/Tangos with copays, all Flex without copay, etc. Today that chart is gone and lowest fare category shown are Flex with copays. I am sure the earlier chart was running through the end of the year. Was there a major change announced recently? Or is this a website glitch. (When I check a similar chart on my eUpgrade account window, it does show this full range of fares. I suppose I should trust this one and not the chart on the general website link?)

Last edited by Shareholder; Nov 10, 2018 at 11:37 am
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I know this is a very old thread, but the title is appropriate to my question. Earlier this week when I checked out the eUpgrade chart on the AC website, it was showing showing a much expanded range of eligible fares, awards and Standard/Tangos with copays, all Flex without copay, etc. Today that chart is gone and lowest fare category shown are Flex with copays. I am sure the earlier chart was running through the end of the year. Was there a major change announced recently? Or is this a website glitch. (When I check a similar chart on my eUpgrade account window, it does show this full range of fares. I suppose I should trust this one and not the chart on the general website link?)
These charts?
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html

Looks like they are still there.

Valid until Jan 10
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by Stranger
Taking a trip to the Caribbean next week with the family. My older son is flying on an RBC Rewards ticket, which is an actual purchased ticket. We are flying YHZ-YYZ and the YYZ to the Caribbean. The booking class for these flights is Flex (V).

The YHZ-YYZ segment was 5 eup credits, just like the chart above (flights between 511-1500 miles), but the YYZ to the Caribbean segment came up as 10 eupgrade credits (for a total of 10 eups for the two segments). But the eupgrade chart shows that it should be 8 credits.

The return flights are on Tango (G) fares, and the Caribbean to YYZ segment is outside the 7 day window for eups for Tango fares. The YYZ-YHZ segment was available for upgrading and showed the correct 7 eup credits with no co-pay, as per the chart above.

Not sure it is worth the effort to get the 2 eup credits back.

Last edited by Yhztraveller; Dec 7, 2018 at 1:55 pm Reason: table didn't load properly
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I thought the credits would be for YHZ-Caribbean not for each segment alone. That is 10 total credits for "Canada to Sun Destinations" (not Canada to U.S., which is the table you posted) for Flex V.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I thought the credits would be for YHZ-Caribbean not for each segment alone. That is 10 total credits for "Canada to Sun Destinations" (not Canada to U.S., which is the table you posted) for Flex V.
It is essentially YHZ-Caribbean, as they only used the 10 credits.
There does not appear to be an option for Canada to Sun destinations. There is a chart for Canada to Sun for the eup booking window, but not for the eup chart.

Old Dec 7, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
That's weird because I see it.
Looking on https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...calculate.html
I see this (I hope the pictures are sized appropriately)

eUp chart index

When I click the "Between Canada and Sun" I get this, not just booking window:

eUp requirement
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by flyquiet
That's weird because I see it.
Looking on https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...calculate.html
I see this (I hope the pictures are sized appropriately)
I think I see the issue. The chart that @Stranger and I were quoting is just a “Limited-Time Offer”, as it is supposed to expire on Jan 10, 2019. It appears that this Limited Time offer does not include Sun destinations, so the eups being used are from the original chart that you quoted.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller

I think I see the issue. The chart that @Stranger and I were quoting is just a “Limited-Time Offer”, as it is supposed to expire on Jan 10, 2019. It appears that this Limited Time offer does not include Sun destinations, so the eups being used are from the original chart that you quoted.
BTW, although that chart still mentions Jan. 19, it appears the thing has been reextended, now to July 12 19. As per

https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/news-updates

And indeed there is no mention of "sun" destinations.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OOps, I meant Sept 30 2019... (For some reason I no longer can edit.)
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
BTW, although that chart still mentions Jan. 19, it appears the thing has been reextended, now to July 12 19. As per

https://altitude.aircanada.com/mystatus/news-updates

And indeed there is no mention of "sun" destinations.
OOps, I meant Sept 30 2019... (For some reason I no longer can edit.)
I mentioned this already in another thread, but I believe those top three "2019" updates are a mistake and should all actually reflect 2018.

If you read the other future-dated news for 2019, you will see that it doesn't necessarily make sense for it to be in 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.