Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Turn Around Time for Response for Email Customer Issues?

Old Sep 24, 13, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum

When I send an email through the AC web site on some flight issue, I do get an automatic response stating it may take 15 days (is that actual days or working days?) for the response to come back.

As a SE, I have (at least over the last 12 months) seldom noticed a response more than 2 working days later after forwarding my question to AC.

I sent a question on behalf of my wife (E35K), in her own name, 13 days ago. I am still awaiting for the response.

So, what is the average response time to passengers with the following Altitude/Aeroplan status?

S100K (have the response times to me been the norm for SEs?)
E75K
E50K
E35K
P25K
Basic
Old Sep 24, 13, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I once received a phone call first thing the next morning.

Mind you, issue was serious and I probably could have filed a complaint for tariff violation.
Old Sep 24, 13, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I once received a phone call first thing the next morning.

Mind you, issue was serious and I probably could have filed a complaint for tariff violation.
Interesting. I submitted a form to United the other day for an issue of similar severity, but have heard nothing yet.

As for AC, I've found it varies heavily. Less than a week to several weeks.
Old Sep 24, 13, 8:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Mine took about 20 days to get a reply for a compensation issue.
Old Sep 24, 13, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium
Any time I've emailed it's been to [email protected] and they've told me they can't help me with anything except reward tickets.

Emails to the concierge are answered very quickly and actioned properly too, though.
Old Sep 25, 13, 12:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Email responses I've received from airlines take upwards to 20 or 30 days. Terse responses..

I'd rather talk to someone over the phone regarding compensation and complaints. Email, the airlines just leave for some time, and then drop a nice refusal to help with anything reasonable it seems.
Old Sep 25, 13, 7:45 am

Programs: AC-SE MM,Fairmont Plat, Ritz Platinum , Hertz Platinum, Quintessentially
I sent a direct question to AC Altitude on Twitter and my response was within a minute.
Old Sep 25, 13, 8:06 am

Programs: AC*SE100(pending) Hertz Gold
The superelite email still goes to Aeroplan, and as noted above, they are only interested in Aeroplan issues. They forward to Air Canada to some unknown address. When will the modify the process now that it is two separate programs, Altitude and Distinction?
Old Sep 25, 13, 8:24 am

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
+1 on Twitter. Both AirCanada and ACAltitude have been prompt and they actually can make things happen. May not deal with compensation, I guess, but for things like "I can't select my seat" or "can you have someone meet my flight for special assistance", they have been great.

Search this Thread