Wait for Distinction of book now?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2013, 7:53 am
Formerly known as cindyrcollins
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Wait for Distinction or book now?

This is what I can't figure out....

I'm traveling from Toronto to Paris in mid-May. Right now, there is a lot of reward availability. Is there any point to waiting until the January 1st Distinction benefits kick in? I am at the black level. I just can't wrap my head around what the difference will be, other than perhaps the flights not being available. Right now, the Classic plus YYZ-CDG required points are the same as the ClassicFlight points, so 35% from that would be significant...

Can anyone offer their advice? Wait for Distinction or book now? Thanks!

Last edited by Strtfrdtrvler; Sep 21, 2013 at 8:05 am Reason: Typo
Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
I'd grab what you want now. The 35% discount would apply to the "Market" flights which could (and likely WILL) be significantly higher the longer you wait.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cindyrcollins
This is what I can't figure out....

I'm traveling from Toronto to Paris in mid-May. Right now, there is a lot of reward availability. Is there any point to waiting until the January 1st Distinction benefits kick in? I am at the black level. I just can't wrap my head around what the difference will be, other than perhaps the flights not being available. Right now, the Classic plus YYZ-CDG required points are the same as the ClassicFlight points, so 35% from that would be significant...

Can anyone offer their advice? Wait for Distinction or book now? Thanks!
If you are traveling Y, do yourself a favour and save the miles full stop.

I assume you are looking at AC flights and you'll use 60k and circa $600. Terrible return given that flights at that time of year should be 850 during sale periods and there'll be plenty of those between now and may.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.