Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to determine how many AP points accumulated on partner airlines

Old Sep 11, 13, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100K MM

When I fly partner airlines I get anywhere from full miles flown credit to nada. I know on the AC website it has charts for class of service to % of miles credited with a minimum credit by airline, I've looked at that. But there are all sorts of qualifiers and it is hard to make sense of it - what is the definitive way to find out - call AC? (I am not referring to code share flights)

For example, if I fly Singapore Airlines from London to Singapore in B class - it looks like I get 100% miles flown by the chart. Anyone have experience with this? Much thanks for advice.
Old Sep 11, 13, 7:16 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
You get exactly what is shown on the charts - and if your fare class is not on the charts,
you get zilch.
Old Sep 11, 13, 7:36 am
alc

Originally Posted by afree View Post
I know on the AC website it has charts for class of service to % of miles credited with a minimum credit by airline, I've looked at that.
And just to make sure, it is what shown on the Aeroplan website:

https://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles...gory=SBFlights
Old Sep 11, 13, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Given the lack of question mark in the thread title I did wonder if this was a question or a proposed economics thesis title.

Where the land gets incredibly murky is whenever you have a codeshare. Imagine booking on United but operated by TAM, your AP miles are determined by the TAM fare class which will be determined by how UA fare classes map to TAM fare classes and pretty much nobody knows that part of the equation, certainly not front line airline reps or the huge majority of travel agents.
Old Sep 11, 13, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC Altitude E75K (*G), NEXUS
Indeed, even a UA flight operated by AC is murky. I had to pin them down on Twitter because I didn't want the old Tango surprise. AC was not selling the fare bucket UA was selling, so I could not use the "find the same fare and infer the bucket" trick.

Search this Thread