Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flight rescheduled, no info from AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight rescheduled, no info from AC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:46 pm
TGV
Original Poster

Programs: FB Life Platinum
Thumbs down Flight rescheduled, no info from AC

Friends of mine booked in April CCS-YYZ-CDG tickets with AC, leaving on July 24th, and flying back on Sept 4th.
The outbound flights were uneventful, and on-time.

But, to our utmost surprise, when doing the on-line check-in for the return flights on Sep 3th, we discovered that the YYZ-CCS flight (AC76) had been rescheduled with an arrival in CCS delayed from the 4th at 21:25 to the 5th at 04:45! Not a small change, especially when considering the safety problems in Venezuela: you need to organize the pick-up of passengers in the airport with reliable means, and such a change known at the last minute is not easy to deal with.

Apparently this change is here to stay, as the new timing is now appearing in the AC schedules: this has not been a last minute change due to operational problems, but something planned in advance.

Therefore I am extremely surprised no information was given when this change has been decided (a simple e-mail or, if the change was already decided in July, a mention at check-in). I questioned the check-in agent in CDG on this point, he checked with the AC ticketing office, and confirmed that no e-mail had been sent by "Canada".

To me this seems to be a lack of quality in passengers' information which should be dealt with.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
I know you should not have to do this... but I take a few minutes once a week or so to check my upcoming flight schedules for any changes.

Better be safe than sorry.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
I know you should not have to do this... but I take a few minutes once a week or so to check my upcoming flight schedules for any changes.

I have TripIt Pro, but I haven't had any schedule changes since I got it. I'm hoping it will do the checking for me
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:22 pm
TGV
Original Poster

Programs: FB Life Platinum
Originally Posted by Yukonprince

You are probably right.
The problem is that my friends seldom fly and let me do the "airline work". And that I personally fly only European or Asian airlines and since the generalization of e-mail and text messages these airlines have always been able to inform me in due time when changes occurred (which is not something happening everyday).

So it did not come to my mind that Air Canada was not able to do the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.