Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:13 pm

I can see online that I finally got the 25000 bonus, divided as follows: 15K on sign up two months ago (bonus sign up said a rep at that time), and 10K on second statement.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I can see online that I finally got the 25000 bonus, divided as follows: 15K on sign up two months ago (bonus sign up said a rep at that time), and 10K on second statement.
LTF, could you please confirm that you are referring to the 30,000 Aeroplan offer from the Aeroplan Plus Gold card signup. Because, you mentioned 25000 above, and I'm not sure if you meant the 25000 signup for the AMEX Gold, or if you mean the missing 25000, after getting 5000 from your first statement.

Sorry, but there are so many threads, so many changes to the signup promos, it's getting hard to keep things clear and on the tracks.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
LTF, could you please confirm that you are referring to the 30,000 Aeroplan offer from the Aeroplan Plus Gold card signup. Because, you mentioned 25000 above, and I'm not sure if you meant the 25000 signup for the AMEX Gold, or if you mean the missing 25000, after getting 5000 from your first statement.

Sorry, but there are so many threads, so many changes to the signup promos, it's getting hard to keep things clear and on the tracks.
You're right, it was about the AMEX MR Gold. Still waiting for my 30K with Aeroplan Plus Gold. Too many threads, sorry about that.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:09 pm

You're right, it was about the AMEX MR Gold. Still waiting for my 30K with Aeroplan Plus Gold. Too many threads, sorry about that.
Heh, thanks for clarifying...so, you posted in this thread by mistake. My sanity forgives you!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:06 pm

*shame*
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by tryinginvain
This was their response today - so now we'll see what happens:

I understand that you were supposed to receive 30,000 bonus points upon spending $500.00 in the first 3 months of your Cardmembership with us. As I can see that you have met this threshold, I have immediately raised a request to our concerned department.

It will take them 3-5 business days to provide an update on the matter. Once they accommodate your request, the said amount of points will be allocated to you.

You can check back with us after the above mentioned timeframe to see if an update has been received.

We seek your patience and cooperation in resolving this issue.

Have a pleasant day ahead!
Have you received the 30k miles yet?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
No big deal.

The gold rewards card is getting back to normal so the AeoplanPlus bonus points issue should be resolved soon hopefully.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Just noticed my Aeroplan Gold Amex bonuses have been deposited in my AE account, 3 x 10 000 AE points all posting on the same day as I paid my first months balance (so approximately 6 weeks after getting card).
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by mountaingrl
Just noticed my Aeroplan Gold Amex bonuses have been deposited in my AE account, 3 x 10 000 AE points all posting on the same day as I paid my first months balance (so approximately 6 weeks after getting card).
Thanks for the positive info, mountaingirl! You are the first person to report getting the 30,000 Aeroplan points, and I've been monitoring closely, both here and over at RFD!

I had full confidence that the points would come, eventually. All you need is good twiddling muscles, to keep those thumbs busy.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:56 am

Are you sure you didn't receive the points from 3 referrals? As far as I know, everyone has stated that they received 5,000 points in the first statement. Did you also receive that 5,000?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by kidsomething
Are you sure you didn't receive the points from 3 referrals? As far as I know, everyone has stated that they received 5,000 points in the first statement. Did you also receive that 5,000?
Also, it seems a bit strange that you would get 3 times 10K... unless, like kidsomething pointed out, those points were actually given to you from approved referrals, not the sign-up bonus.

Anyone else got his/her bonus like that (3*10k)?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:52 am

Just to clarify
- you sent $500 already?
- can you copy the line from your AMEX statement where it says "Bonus Miles = 30000" and not "Referral Bonus"?
- you didn't initially get 5000 points in your 1st statement?

Anyway, my 2nd statement will be out in 3-4 days and I actually still don't expect AMEX to fix my missing 25K points yet (I sent $500, got 5000 points only)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Have you received the 30k miles yet?
Nope! After 2 emails where they said they would deposit them in 3-5 days I got this:

I apologize for the delay in writing back to you. We were expecting a reply from our concerned department.

Now upon checking with the concerned department, we have been informed that there is a delay of 8-10 weeks from the back-end to award the Cardmembers with the remaining bonus points. This is an ongoing issue and we are aware of it. All the Cardmembers with similar offers are facing the same delay and we are trying to get the process expedited.

Thus, please be assured that you will be awarded with the remaining bonus points in the above mentioned timeframe. We apologize for this unintended delay.

If there's anything else we can assist you with, please remember we're just an email away!

My 3rd statement is issued in about 11 days so we'll see if anything happens then.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by erik19283
Also, it seems a bit strange that you would get 3 times 10K... unless, like kidsomething pointed out, those points were actually given to you from approved referrals, not the sign-up bonus.

Anyone else got his/her bonus like that (3*10k)?
Well.. That's what my wife received as well. Its a coincidence that a bunch of us gets 3 x 10K. Perhaps that is indeed the way AE points are awarded on the Aeroplan Gold card? Just putting it out there, because it seems odd a bunch of us is getting awarded 3 x 10K? But my wife received 5K, plus the 3 x 10K.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Well.. That's what my wife received as well. Its a coincidence that a bunch of us gets 3 x 10K. Perhaps that is indeed the way AE points are awarded on the Aeroplan Gold card? Just putting it out there, because it seems odd a bunch of us is getting awarded 3 x 10K? But my wife received 5K, plus the 3 x 10K.
Ok, so it's back to confusion and an indeterminate state. Not really confirmed that the 30,000 signup promo points have been awarded to anyone yet, because we don't know if those 3x10,000 were from referrals vs signup bonus.

Ancien, you said your wife got 3x10,000 PLUS an initial 5,000? That doesn't make sense since the promo is for 30K, not 35K. So, could you review Mrs. Ancien's AMEX statement again (not Aeroplan.com) and let us know if the 3x10,000 are bonus vs referral points.

I'm going to assume they are indeed bonus points as you alluded to, because based on my AMEX statements, all of my referral points have been one lump sum. So for example when I read my statements, after 5 referrals I see a single line stating 50,000 points for "Referral Bonus", and not 5x10,000. And my initial 5K signup points are labeled as "Bonus miles", like this:

50,000 - Referral Bonus (does not show as 5 x 10,000)
5,000 - Bonus miles

Anyway, do the community a favour, and just have a glance at Mrs. A's statement and report back here at your next convenience, to let us know how those 3x10K are labelled, thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.