Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Cana2013
I just noticed that welcome bonus miles for AeropanPlus Gold card and AeroplanPlus Plat card now qualify for Aeroplan Distinction until April 1.
Not sure if 30K Welcome bonus in 2013 would count, but I guess not

American Express has passed along a note to us that their AeroplanPlus Charge cards will count towards Distinction Status if you by April 1st. Depending on which card you go up to 35,000 of those sign up bonus miles will count towards Distinction (The 35,000 is part of tthe 50,000 bonus for the AeroplanPlus Platinum offer found on Aeroplan.com)

source:
http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2014/01...rds-count.html
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
What I saw was from Amex website for the AeroplanPlus Gold Card:

Earn 20,000Bonus Aeroplan®*Miles after you spend $500 in your first three months of Card membership1. Apply by April 1st, 2014 and your welcome bonus can be eligible towards reaching DistinctionTM status in the Aeroplan program15.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
What I saw was from Amex website for the AeroplanPlus Gold Card:

Quote:

Earn 20,000Bonus Aeroplan®*Miles after you spend $500 in your first three months of Card membership1. Apply by April 1st, 2014 and your welcome bonus can be eligible towards reaching DistinctionTM status in the Aeroplan program15.

20,000?
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
20,000?
It is on the official Amex Website, not the referral link page, so it is the regular 20k.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
I currently have the Aeroplan Plat card.
Can I refer myself to the Aeroplan Gold card, collect the referral miles on my Plat and the 30K welcome miles on the new gold?
I plan on getting rid of the Plat end of March anyway when the fee is due, but would like to milk some more miles and keep the gold since it would be free for a year.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 10:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by shawneve
Can I refer myself to the Aeroplan Gold card, collect the referral miles on my Plat and the 30K welcome miles on the new gold?
I plan on getting rid of the Plat end of March anyway when the fee is due, but would like to milk some more miles and keep the gold since it would be free for a year.
Self referral bonuses have been hit and miss. Certainly try, be aware YMMV.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:02 pm

The Aeroplan Gold regular welcome bonus of 20k is now all Distinction eligible until April 1, unsure if the 30k from referral would be too
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by shawneve
I think it'll be fine, do it, for the 15K referral + 30K welcome bonus
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: Many
I just noticed that welcome bonus miles for AeropanPlus Gold card and AeroplanPlus Plat card now qualify for Aeroplan Distinction until April 1.
Yeah, and on April 1 Amex will tell you. . . April Fools!

Kidding aside, 20K puts you almost right away at dSilver. That's something to consider if one earns a lot of miles through AE's shopping portal or shopping in town compared to miles earned flying.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 9:57 am

Between the Amex signup bonus being distinction eligible and the TD signup bonus also eligible, you're 5k off dblack for the rest of year plus 2015. Assuming one register for the launch promo before Dec 31 2013 they would get another 10k bonus after April 1...

I don't think I registered for the promotion though... darn
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Personally, why go for 20K bonus with Distinction qualification, when you can have 30K bonus Distinction questionable.

Plus, the jury is still out whether there is a point bonus next year for reaching the elite Distinction Levels.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by crimsona
Between the Amex signup bonus being distinction eligible and the TD signup bonus also eligible, you're 5k off dblack for the rest of year plus 2015. Assuming one register for the launch promo before Dec 31 2013 they would get another 10k bonus after April 1...

I don't think I registered for the promotion though... darn
Indeed, any plans of keeping Distinction at all exclusive have gone out of the window with these free for alls, the bonus for having the card on April 1st is up to 15k actually, if they have a Star Challenge on top they are more or less giving away status. Explains why they have not even bothered to send out cards with status, nor set up a dedicated phoneline (apparently keying the number in will give it priority, but I would always still call with the AC Priority # that I know works).
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I just waded through all 23 pages of this thread and saw there were major delays in getting Aeroplan (AP) miles posted to their accounts. While things have improved I want to figure the fastest way for family members to get enough AP miles to book AP tickets currently available.

Option 1
- may need to wait a couple billing cycles ???

Option 2
- MR post on next statement at which time it doesn't take long (? days) to get transferred 1:1 to AP ???

I know somebody will say do both but for now if only one was an option which would be the quickest turnaround for the reward? Thanks for any advice that you can provide.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:37 pm

I would recommend signing up for the AMEX Gold. The reason for this is that AMEX control the points and so from my experience if you have problems they can resolve it directly unlike Aeroplan. However if you go for the Aeroplan try and spend the $500 in the first month and then send them an email straight away.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Michael888
I just waded through all 23 pages of this thread and saw there were major delays in getting Aeroplan (AP) miles posted to their accounts. While things have improved I want to figure the fastest way for family members to get enough AP miles to book AP tickets currently available.

Option 1
- may need to wait a couple billing cycles ???

Option 2
- MR post on next statement at which time it doesn't take long (? days) to get transferred 1:1 to AP ???

I know somebody will say do both but for now if only one was an option which would be the quickest turnaround for the reward? Thanks for any advice that you can provide.
Amex Gold Rewards is quicker for posting points for sure. The bonus points can be posted a day after you reach the spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.