Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
what do you mean by bad credit? Canadian Kilometers has a good blog about churning. you could apply for the amex gold card (see signature ). however if you have bad credit I would wait 3 months and ensure you do not carry a balance by paying your balance completely off every month that should improve your credit.
Well, I have a credit card from 6 years ago that I owe $10,000 to and it hasn't disappeared off my profile yet.
I had my BMO mastercard for 3 years now and I've spent over $20k a year with it and always pay it off before the 21 day limit.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by jeremyhalifax88
I just got my Amex aeroplan gold card and will make a $500 purchase next week so I should have 30,000 aeroplan points.
I applied for the Aeroplan member gold card also last week(around the same time I applied for my last aeroplan card) and hopefully it gets approved.

So what is the trick here to churn and make the most out of these cards?
Should I apply for more cards? (I have bad credit)

I also have the BMO World elite card.
My end goal is to travel from Halifax to Orlando return with my girlfriend for free
Well, I have a credit card from 6 years ago that I owe $10,000 to and it hasn't disappeared off my profile yet.
I had my BMO mastercard for 3 years now and I've spent over $20k a year with it and always pay it off before the 21 day limit.
Remember your credit score is determined by 4 parts:
35% - payment history (do you pay on time?)
30% - outstanding debt (credit utilization ratio)
15% - credit history (how long have you had credit)
10% - new credit (inquiries)
10% - types of credit you have

Here is my post on churning:
http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...urning-basics/
Old Jan 1, 2014, 12:52 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith

what do you mean by bad credit? Canadian Kilometers has a good blog about churning. you could apply for the amex gold card (see signature ). however if you have bad credit I would wait 3 months and ensure you do not carry a balance by paying your balance completely off every month that should improve your credit.

I don't think you'll want to do a great deal of churning with your history. Make your applications count.

definitely the American Express Gold card (lots of referral options available) for 25,000 Mileage Rewards points, which you can turn into 25000 Aeroplan, or other options.

Even if you don't plan to keep the card for a second year, keep it at least 6 months. And keep making those payments on time.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by methodman
I don't think you'll want to do a great deal of churning with your history. Make your applications count.

definitely the American Express Gold card (lots of referral options available) for 25,000 Mileage Rewards points, which you can turn into 25000 Aeroplan, or other options.

Even if you don't plan to keep the card for a second year, keep it at least 6 months. And keep making those payments on time.
just for full disclosure you should go through rfd site and get cashback for amex gold app
Old Jan 1, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Remember your credit score is determined by 4 parts:
35% - payment history (do you pay on time?)
30% - outstanding debt (credit utilization ratio)
15% - credit history (how long have you had credit)
10% - new credit (inquiries)
10% - types of credit you have

Here is my post on churning:
http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...urning-basics/
Very good information. People often over look the importance of the credit utilization ratio. I usually use less than 30% of my credit limit for each card trying to get full score for the 30%
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
How do I create a link to refer an Amex card to someone? On the Amex website it only allows you to enter email address.

Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Send an e-mail to yourself. There will be a link in there. Hope that helps.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Sean22mac
How do I create a link to refer an Amex card to someone? On the Amex website it only allows you to enter email address.

Thanks

1. Go to Amex Canada website, login to your account.
2. Click on REWARDS banner (top-right) -> Refer a Friend
3. Choose "Aeroplan Gold".
4. You'll now be able to recommend the "Aeroplan Gold/Gold Rewards Card"
5. I recommend copying the link via Facebook option, instead of Email way (Gmail is reliable, Hotmail isn't)
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:33 am
Used to be '076753k'

Programs: AirCanada*G
I've noticed a few people with links in the signatures for the referral link AMEX 30k. So for signing up I would get 30000 points/1st year free after meeting the spend requirement? I just cancelled my AMEX aeroplan plat card a few weeks ago before the annual fee

If that's the case, rather than just pick a link, the 1st person to PM me the link get's the referral points.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 076753k
I've noticed a few people with links in the signatures for the referral link AMEX 30k. So for signing up I would get 30000 points/1st year free after meeting the spend requirement? I just cancelled my AMEX aeroplan plat card a few weeks ago before the annual fee

If that's the case, rather than just pick a link, the 1st person to PM me the link get's the referral points.
PM sent
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by 076753k

Click on my signature for the referral. Thanks for your support
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Just generated a link from my wife's account setting up an AeroPlat referral for myself. One referral bonus is 10k and another 15k.. Obviously generated the 15k link but my wife isn't an AeroPlat cc holder. This the 15k referral link work for you guys when not an AeroPlat cc holder? She is just a regular Aeroplan gold cc holder.

Also on topic, my wife's Aeroplan account posted her bonus balance December 17 25k. Interesting, her cc statement didn't print yet the bonus posted to her AE account.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:35 am

Alright, time for me to jump on the AeroplanPlus Gold Card bandwagon. First person to reply that they want to refer me gets my application!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by superdawg
Alright, time for me to jump on the AeroplanPlus Gold Card bandwagon. First person to reply that they want to refer me gets my application!
Please see my signature. Thanks for your support
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:15 pm
Used to be '076753k'

Programs: AirCanada*G
Thanks for the quick replies. 1st person has been contacted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.