Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30000 aeroplan points no fee amex aeroplan gold card through a refferal

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by yerffej201
amex mr has more flexibility. you can convert to ba avios too.

jjust don't apply for them at the same time
2 to 3 months apart should be fine.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
amex mr has more flexibility. you can convert to ba avios too.

jjust don't apply for them at the same time
I applied for both at the same time without any problem.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 9:32 pm

I did this thoruhg a referral and have only gotten 20k points posted so far in 10k increments. ive received 2 statements

will the final 10k arrive after the 3rd statement?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I applied for both at the same time without any problem.
No doubt. The Gold MR and Aero Gold are different family products. Even the Gold MR and Biz Gold MR, though in the same family, can be applied for at the same time as they are still different products. I even recall reading, though I've not done it, where someone had applied for the Gold MR twice, spaced apart by several months/year, and got approved.

The thing to be wary of, if you do apply for two cards with signup promos at the same time, is that you have to meet the spend requirements on the cards concurrently. Two cards with $500 spending in 3 months isn't too hard to meet. Getting the Biz Gold MR with $3K spending and the Plat MR with $1K spending, and having to spend concurrently within 3 months, might be a bit of a chore though...but, nothing a good Gift Card run can't resolve.

Speaking of....has anyone noticed now that Esso is now not accepting credit/charge card payments for their gas gift cards? Only debit or cash. At least this is the case in the Left'ern part of the GTA (verified by another FT'er, and myself). That puts a kink in the rapid-spend tactics...just have to find other retail outlets for buying the gas cards (egs. Metro, Shoppers).

Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
I did this thoruhg a referral and have only gotten 20k points posted so far in 10k increments. ive received 2 statements

I'll put 10K MRs down that says you WILL!!
Just call or Secure-Message them, to egg them on...even those who signed up early for this promo *cough*, back in early Sept, are now seeing their missing 25K, after the third statement has generated.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: AP, SPG Gold, CX Gold
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Speaking of....has anyone noticed now that [U
Esso is now not accepting credit/charge card payments for their gas gift cards[/U]? Only debit or cash. At least this is the case in the Left'ern part of the GTA (verified by another FT'er, and myself). That puts a kink in the rapid-spend tactics...just have to find other retail outlets for buying the gas cards (egs. Metro, Shoppers).
I've noticed the same thing. Went to Esso in Mississuga, no go on the Visa or Amex. Was told Cash or Debit.

+1 for Shoppers, or anywhere that will give 2X MR or 1.5X AP (Aerogold).
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by seanman571
I've noticed the same thing. Went to Esso in Mississuga, no go on the Visa or Amex. Was told Cash or Debit.

Well, then +1 for Metro grocery stores, as they do take AMEX for payment, so your Gold MR card will get 2X the points, non?

Straying off topic...at Metro, they have a wide range of gift cards available, but only a handful of the cards are eligible for Air Miles points, if that is of any interest to you. I had to spend $1K on my newly minted MBNA Best Western MC for the signup 50K BWR points. So, on this trip I chose to keep my AMEX in my wallet, and thus I couldn't earn MRs for this Gift Card excursion...but, there was also a 100 Air Miles promo this past weekend at Metro, if you spend $100...so, I had to make sure I bought one of the Air Miles eligible GCs, in my case, I chose the Can Tire GC.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Aero program.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:10 am

According to many people's experience, you should receive your full 30k welcome bonus after your 3rd statement. Make sure you reach the $500 spend requirement. I usually do more than the minimum just to make sure.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by seanman571

Shoppers has a big selection for gas gift cards. Sometimes you can find special promotional gift cards. Once they have 5 cents off per liter and lots of bonus shoppers bonus points.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:54 am

My own experience, as recently related in this thread, seems to be the same as yours: 2 x 10000 bonus miles and that's it. Not the 5000 + 25000 that everyone else did report here. I had to call many times. The agents whom I talked to were not interested at all in resolving the problem, and some were not even aware of the promotion. Amex in Québec does not deliver a good service according to my past experiences, going as far as twenty years ago.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 12:57 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Amex in Québec does not deliver a good service according to my past experiences, going as far as twenty years ago.
Been using Amex in this province for 10+ years and have not had bad experiences with customer service. Apart from getting some french speaking agents, I do not think they have a separate customer service just for here. At least not online.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:27 pm

This offer is still live. Only problem is that it takes time to get the 30,000 points. My solution was to just send them an instant secured email and they will make sure the next statement will have all the points on. Do not call you will waste time IMO
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by Cana2013
How do you know when the points were posted on your Amex account?
I don't know the exact date they appeared in my amex account other than they appear in the bonus category on my statement.

I do know the date they post to my AP account because the date is right beside them, and the date is one day after my statement date.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
I don't know the exact date they appeared in my amex account other than they appear in the bonus category on my statement.

I do know the date they post to my AP account because the date is right beside them, and the date is one day after my statement date.
Ok. That is the same as mine. There is no detailed breakdown with dates on the statement. It is relatively fast for posting bonus points to AP account. Amex has been great for that part.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott Bonvoy (Gold)
I am still missing 20K from the 30K offer. I sent a secure message and was told it will take 8 to 10 weeks
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by peroorim
I am still missing 20K from the 30K offer. I sent a secure message and was told it will take 8 to 10 weeks
So you already received your third statement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.