Wiki Posts
Search

Exec First amenity kits

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Exec First amenity kits

I only do international J about once a year, so I'm not very familiar with the amenity kids. On YYZ BCN last week noticed they didn't have any of the skin care products the previous ones did. Our small kits just had the socks, eye cover, toothbrush/toothpaste, and earplugs. I remember they used to also have chapstick, and single use skin care creams and cleansers.

Have they been enhanced or do they vary based on duration of flight and/or route?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50k, MM
I have always seen chapstick or the small tube lip moisturizer on the flights that I frequent which is usually YYZ-LHR and YYZ-HKG. I have never really taken notice of the skin care stuff since I have never used it.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:22 pm

Full amenity kit was available on my GRU-YYZ this morning.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Full amenity kit is available on overnight flights and the more basic amenity kit is available on day time flights, at least on TATL flights (not 100% sure about other routes)
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Full amenity kit is available on overnight flights and the more basic amenity kit is available on day time flights, at least on TATL flights (not 100% sure about other routes)
Full kit standard is for:

Transatlantic/Europe Eastbound Overnight Flights
Long Haul South America (GRU-SCL/EZE & Night Departures to/from Lima)
TLV (both directions)
SYD (both directions)
Asia (both Directions)

Perhaps there was a shortage on that particular YYZ-BCN operation.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Flight left at 6pm EST and arrived at 7:35am CET (GMT+2), so I'm assuming that qualifies as an overnight. Looks like they just stocked the amenities incorrectly. The blankets in J were light blue and a bit smaller and lighter weight than the dark blue blankets I'm used to seeing.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Full kit standard is for:

Transatlantic/Europe Eastbound Overnight Flights
Long Haul South America (GRU-SCL/EZE & Night Departures to/from Lima)
TLV (both directions)
SYD (both directions)
Asia (both Directions)

Perhaps there was a shortage on that particular YYZ-BCN operation.
Thanks for the info. ^

It would be amusing to expense a $3 chapstick to AC, just to see what they would do with the request.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by yvr76
Thanks for the info. ^

It would be amusing to expense a $3 chapstick to AC, just to see what they would do with the request.
They're too busy with other things. Next time I'm in YVR, I'll take you to London Drugs.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the info. ^

Wow, you are cheap...PM me your address and I will send you two so you don't have to buy one this winter.
Leave AC alone, they got stuff to do without people pestering them for a free chapstick.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
LOL. I travel overseas 6-7 times a year and never even open them up. I personally couldn't care less.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
They're too busy with other things. Next time I'm in YVR, I'll take you to London Drugs.
Originally Posted by AClove
Wow, you are cheap...PM me your address and I will send you two so you don't have to buy one this winter.
Leave AC alone, they got stuff to do without people pestering them for a free chapstick.
It was a joke guys. You think I'm going to spend $6k on a couple Z fares and then try to expense a $3 chapstick?

Normally we just take amenity kits unopened and give them to friends. As it turns out this time, my wife actually forgot her lip balm and was looking forward to her chapstick, so I was curious as to what happened.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:47 pm
Suspended

It was a joke guys. You think I'm going to spend $6k on a couple Z fares and then try to expense a $3 chapstick?

Normally we just take amenity kits unopened and give them to friends. As it turns out this time, my wife actually forgot her lip balm and was looking forward to her chapstick, so I was curious as to what happened.
Sorry if I sounded harsh.....it just seems like all people do here is complain....
I hope you get your chapstick next time!.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:56 pm

Same as others, I don't even open them anymore. I find the eyeshade lasts a long time, I have one from a few years back and a lip balm that I carry with me. I'm flying to Shanghai this week with a collection of amenity kits to give people who aren't as lucky to fly in J.

Sidenote: getting off HKG-YYZ last month there were a few empty J seats and some unclassy husband/wife Y pax walking by while waiting for the door to open pilfered every one of them! I know it probably only costs AC $5 or so per pack, but it was bothersome to know they are getting ripped off.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Same as others, I don't even open them anymore. I find the eyeshade lasts a long time, I have one from a few years back and a lip balm that I carry with me. I'm flying to Shanghai this week with a collection of amenity kits to give people who aren't as lucky to fly in J.

Sidenote: getting off HKG-YYZ last month there were a few empty J seats and some unclassy husband/wife Y pax walking by while waiting for the door to open pilfered every one of them! I know it probably only costs AC $5 or so per pack, but it was bothersome to know they are getting ripped off.

I've heard of hotels saying to take amenities as they must toss them even if you don't use them. Not sure if there's any truth to it. But wonder if same could be true for sealed kits on AC.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Acnyyz
[/B]

I've heard of hotels saying to take amenities as they must toss them even if you don't use them. Not sure if there's any truth to it. But wonder if same could be true for sealed kits on AC.
Doesn't everything left on an international flight go directly to the incinerator (something to do with customs)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.