Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Updates on Air Canada Altitude: AQM & eUpgrades

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updates on Air Canada Altitude: AQM & eUpgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:47 pm

eUpgrade points refunded the day before flight?

I booked an Air Canada YOW-YYZ-YVR flight two days before departure and requested an eUpgrade right afterwards. Today (24 hours before departure) my eUpgrade account shows the points were refunded and my name is not on the upgrade list.

Is it just that they've already confirmed bookings for all available business class seats? It just seems weird to not even be on the upgrade list this long before departure. The upgrade list shows 15/16 booked and only 5 checked in (with nobody on the upgrade list).
Old Jan 21, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jcla1234
I booked an Air Canada YOW-YYZ-YVR flight two days before departure and requested an eUpgrade right afterwards. Today (24 hours before departure) my eUpgrade account shows the points were refunded and my name is not on the upgrade list.

Is it just that they've already confirmed bookings for all available business class seats? It just seems weird to not even be on the upgrade list this long before departure. The upgrade list shows 15/16 booked and only 5 checked in (with nobody on the upgrade list).
Of you don't clear 36h before, it credits back.

Then you may or may not appear on the waitlist sometimes before the flight, this one doesn't seem constant

Phone agent told me there was no more waitlist if you didn't clear 36h but my last flight I appeared on a long waitlist before the flight like the good old days when a check mark appeared about 1h before the flight.
jcla1234 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Swiftler
Last Update:

As promised, the agent called me last night. She managed to pull through and now my companion and I are seating in J. As a gesture, although I'm way out of my booking window, she's also putting me on my return flight to YYZ in J.

Apparently the system is not taking into account the new credits. You have to get the agents to call the help desk then the IT department. If the agents are incompetent then re-dial back. I find that calling the line in the morning gets me through immediately.
Wow. You definitely got lucky with that agent. My eUpgrade account completely messed up with eUps having been credited and debited left and right. AC owes me several credits that were taken individually per segments instead of the whole itinerary. Filled out a discrepancy form and didn't even receive the automatic ackowledgement by email.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by jcla1234

Same thing happened to me a while back. Got the refund 24 hours prior to departure and the waitlist didn't seem to show up in the Air Canada app until about 12 hours prior to departure and eventually my upgrade cleared at the gate.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by SweFlyer
Same thing happened to me a while back. Got the refund 24 hours prior to departure and the waitlist didn't seem to show up in the Air Canada app until about 12 hours prior to departure and eventually my upgrade cleared at the gate.
When you say "a while back"... is this like December or mid-November of 2019?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by yyznomad
When you say "a while back"... is this like December or mid-November of 2019?
This was for a flight from BRU to YUL first week of January so more along the lines of a few weeks back rather than a while back.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
After my YYZ to MUC round trip got resolved for the e-upgrade to J on both legs, my next itinerary is YYZ to SYD. I’m travelling with my companion who is 75K. She got swept in December. Her upgrade window starts today for J class.

My companion called today at 6 am EST. I was beside her when she made the call. First agent is based out of Tampa Bay. She says we only have 20 credits and we can’t use the 2020 credits until March 1st. Her supervisor said the same thing. My companion dialled back to AC and got an agent based out of Toronto. This agent is efficient and competent and got us seated in J. 10 minute call in and out. We got super lucky with this agent. We brought up about the Tampa agent to this agent and the reply was: “I don’t want to talk trash about my colleagues down south but their are some that don’t know what they’re doing”.

I hope my experience help other travellers out regarding e-upgrades.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
As a SE, would I get preferred seats on a standard fare for everyone on the same booking ? International flight.
The Altitude page mentions that a SE gets preferred seats on any fare but I want to know if everyone on my booking will get preferred seats ?
Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
This privilege applies to you and your travel companion(s) when travelling on the same booking. Please note that as we make changes to our reservation system, you can continue to enjoy complimentary and/or discounted access to Preferred Seats. However, temporarily, this will not be available to companions travelling with you in the same reservation.
Looks like it would usually apply to anyone on the PNR
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
AQM on Star Alliance flights

Do flights with Star Alliance partners (stock and metal) earn Air Canada AQM, or is it only Air Canada-issued tickets operated by other Star Alliance carriers that do?

I'm hung up on the word "eligible" in this description from the Altitude FAQs.

For every eligible flight operated by Air Canada and the Star Alliance member airlines, you'll earn AQM and AQS that will help you reach a higher Altitude status.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:13 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by andrewlawton
Do flights with Star Alliance partners (stock and metal) earn Air Canada AQM, or is it only Air Canada-issued tickets operated by other Star Alliance carriers that do?

I'm hung up on the word "eligible" in this description from the Altitude FAQs.
As long as it's an eligible fare (some fares don't earn AQM), it doesn't matter who tickets it.

Ticketing only matters for AQD.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
As long as it's an eligible fare (some fares don't earn AQM), it doesn't matter who tickets it.

Ticketing only matters for AQD.
Thank you!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite for life; Fairmont Platinum; Delta Platinum Plus
Went to use E-ups. Got an error message saying could not be processed try again later, and then seconds later got an email confirming the upgrade.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:20 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by MQS007
Went to use E-ups. Got an error message saying could not be processed try again later, and then seconds later got an email confirming the upgrade.
I had a similar experience. Irritating to say the least.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 6:02 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Oh crap! Now I have the opposite problem.

I can't seem to cancel on E-up that cleared today for a flight a couple weeks out. I'm still taking the flight (probably), I just want to ride in the back with someone now.

Oh well, it's to SFO, so it's only 2 credits. If I talk to Rez between now and then, I'll get them to deal with it.

Kinda sucks that I can't seem to do it through the web site though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.