AC magazine route map

Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:23 pm
tjl
Original Poster

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
AC magazine route map

Flew recently on Air Canada and noticed that the route map in the magazine showed no international border delineating Timor Leste (independent in 2002) or South Sudan (independent in 2011).

How often do they update the base map for the route map?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:42 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Wow. I am amazed you caught something like that. I assume that you had already seen all the movies?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by tjl
How often do they update the base map for the route map?
Never. Maybe once a millennium if you're lucky.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:33 am
tjl
Original Poster

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
The website route map at http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...re_we_fly.html does demarcate and label South Sudan, and labels East Timor but without a border. Kosovo is neither demarcated nor labeled.

Borders are not shown between Israel and Lebanon, Egypt and Gaza (which is not labeled, nor is the West Bank), and Qatar and KSA. Some disputed areas are noted (e.g. between India and China in the Kashmir area, or between Israel and Syria) but others are not (e.g. between India and Pakistan, or other disputed areas between India and China).
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tjl
The website route map at http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...re_we_fly.html does demarcate and label South Sudan, and labels East Timor but without a border. Kosovo is neither demarcated nor labeled.

Borders are not shown between Israel and Lebanon, Egypt and Gaza (which is not labeled, nor is the West Bank), and Qatar and KSA. Some disputed areas are noted (e.g. between India and China in the Kashmir area, or between Israel and Syria) but others are not (e.g. between India and Pakistan, or other disputed areas between India and China).
To the United Nations Security Council; an emergency session needs to be convened......
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by airbus320
To the United Nations Security Council; an emergency session needs to be convened......
at midnight on saturday no less

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.