Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Air Canada Questions

This will be my first time flying AC from Barcelona-Toronto and I'm on the 767-300 and have questions.

On Air Canada's webstie it says the 767-300 version 4 has no PTV's that operate to Barcelona, Athens etc. Is this still true? I will be flying in April 2014. Are they working to upgrade the airplane with PTV's. From the photos I have seen on Airliners.net they look like they all have PTV's.

How is the Kosher meal from BCN in Coach? Do they offer two hot meals one after takeoff and one before landing. What midflight snacks do they offer? Can one get ice cream during the movie?

As for complimentary alcohol/spirits what do they offer? Do they have Campari,Vodka,Brandy, Cognac etc? What have you had? Can you get Sparkling Wine, Red Wine, White Wine(Any good local Canadian Beers) If you have a sample menu that would be great.

I have seat 12 A(bulkhead) in the mini cabin so that should be good.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by danielonn
On Air Canada's webstie it says the 767-300 version 4 has no PTV's that operate to Barcelona, Athens etc. Is this still true? I will be flying in April 2014. Are they working to upgrade the airplane with PTV's. From the photos I have seen on Airliners.net they look like they all have PTV's.
Unfortunately, the flight you are on is one of the flights that is now operated as part of Air Canada's Vacation type operations. It does not have PTVs, and never will. Also, there is no AC power available either, so you're limited by what batteries you can carry with you as far as powering your devices.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: AC 75K
BCN has not (yet) been transferred to Rouge and all mainline 763s have PTVs save for the fin flying YYZ DUB, which will be removed from the fleet soon. So you'll be on a regular aircraft unless the fight gets transfers to rouge between now and next summer. Easiest was to tell is if the flight is selling Executive First or not.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: AC*SM, M&M SEN, BA Gold, DL Gold; Marriott Titanium
This will be my first time flying AC from Barcelona-Toronto and I'm on the 767-300 and have questions.

On Air Canada's webstie it says the 767-300 version 4 has no PTV's that operate to Barcelona, Athens etc. Is this still true? I will be flying in April 2014.
Are you sure? AC's schedule has BCN-YYZ resuming on May 2nd after the winter break.

bawm
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport

How is the Kosher meal from BCN in Coach? Do they offer two hot meals one after takeoff and one before landing. What midflight snacks do they offer? Can one get ice cream during the movie?

As for complimentary alcohol/spirits what do they offer? Do they have Campari,Vodka,Brandy, Cognac etc? What have you had? Can you get Sparkling Wine, Red Wine, White Wine(Any good local Canadian Beers) If you have a sample menu that would be great.

I have seat 12 A(bulkhead) in the mini cabin so that should be good.
AC operates seasonal scheduled service 5 times weekly to Barcelona. It is not an ACV type operation. The route has seen a mix of XM'd (upgraded) and non-XM'd (original configuration) over the past few years, however this route currently offers full J/Y (Executive First/Economy) service. I believe there were 3 or 4 operations with the non-XM'd aircraft due to operational reasons, but effectively that sole aircraft (fin 687) operates to Dublin.

The Kosher meal ex BCN is provided by an outsourced airline catering supplier and is very decent. There is a mid-flight bar with pretzels (which happen to be "MK" - Kosher) and a pre-landing boxed snack. Ice cream is not offered on routes under 9 hours.

Bar Options include French Red/White Wine, Beer (Heineken, Canadian, Coors Lite), Rum, Scotch, Vodka, CC Canadian Whisky, Gin, Baileys - all complementary.

12A is a preferred seat, and a very good seat. The main Y/C meal choice this month ex BCN is a chicken dish or a vegetarian pasta (orecchiette) dish with pesto. Pre-landing snack is a Montie's Bakehouse pastry - choice of Chicken Fajita or Margherita (vegetarian).

Think that about covers it. Enjoy!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I believe the furthest out I've ever planned a trip is maybe 45 days. What different lives we all lead!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:41 pm

If you have a sample menu that would be great.
Sure. In short, what will be offered is your choice of red or white 1 of each.

I'd be skeptical of this route still being AC by the time it restarts. With AC's continued 77P deliveries and 788's being delivered in early 2014, more 763s will be freed up for transfer to Rouge and I'd think BCN will be converted from mainline in short order. But that's a guess.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Sure. In short, what will be offered is your choice of red or white 1 of each.

I'd be skeptical of this route still being AC by the time it restarts. With AC's continued 77P deliveries and 788's being delivered in early 2014, more 763s will be freed up for transfer to Rouge and I'd think BCN will be converted from mainline in short order. But that's a guess.
Agreed, this route has makeup written all over it.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks fo the tips. Would Air Canada Rouge offer the same hot meals complimentary alcohol etc? Are the seats better?

I'm glad the KSML out of Barcelona is decent. I do it for the quality of the food not for religious reasons.

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Premium Rouge definitely has hot meals and complimentary alcohol. Seats are pretty comfortable.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowside67
Premium Rouge definitely has hot meals and complimentary alcohol. Seats are pretty comfortable.
Thanks. Now I just pray that their IT does not screw up my seat assignment if they switch to Rouge.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 8:54 pm

Thanks. Now I just pray that their IT does not screw up my seat assignment if they switch to Rouge.
Note he said PREMIUM Rouge! There is a difference! Premium Rouge are 18 seats at the front of the aircraft which are much roomier than regular Y and cost extra. If your economy AC flight is switched to Rouge, you will be seated in the sardine-can back.

AC employee told me the new Rouge 763s will be configured with 280+ seats. On the plus side, the Rouge 763s are getting winglets next year so you get a great view if you have a window seat I think the 767 winglets are just awesome (because of the height).
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
On the plus side, the Rouge 763s are getting winglets next year so you get a great view if you have a window seat I think the 767 winglets are just awesome (because of the height).
Man....that is a stretch for a "plus". It isn't like you can go out and sit on them!
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Dorian
Man....that is a stretch for a "plus". It isn't like you can go out and sit on them!
You can try, though your fellow pax may have something to say about that.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Outbound travel may require a mainline connection @ FRA/MUC. Historically, BCN direct flights have not started till May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.