Employer dumping AC

Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by danapop
I would say that you rarely encounter a snarly FA with WS, although it does happen. I flew YEG-LAS last year and I asked for diet coke and for the whole can. Well, the way the FA responded to me you would think that it was me asking for her first born child.
Flight attendants hate Diet Coke. If that is your drink of choice I am surprised you haven't been snarled at more often.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Originally Posted by YYZFlyboy
I flew BA YYZ-LHR return in Y for the first time in 15 years this spring. Completely out of my hands - contract bought tickets.

I can tell you it was they were both the worsts flight experiences I have had ever! You think AC's sardine cans will be awful (and they will be) try BA's 747 in Y effing claustrophobic. I don't think I've been jammed in such a small space for so long ever. The food was uneatable, the crew surley and the service very poor. They lost my bags on the way there, commercial goods therefore I couldn't do what I was there for and had to stay a day longer after bags arrived. On the return there was a mechanical problem and they shut the engines down for 4 hours and wouldn't let us (we were at the gate) off or feed us. - think almost 400 people on a BA 747 in the heat, with screaming babies because they were so hot!

Anyhow, I rant! I will never fly BA again long haul ever!
(I'll lose the contract before I'll do it again)
And then there's BA YYZ-LHR in J, where you get the ancient 747, old video IFE and the bizarre "Step over your neighbour" lie flat beds. Pass.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by danapop
. I remember very very good pizza pocket things for a snack shorty before landing and really good chicken and pasta
They are delicious, they more like a patty.Have you tried the lamb? It is the best. The vegetarian is good. I always ask the FA in J if I can have them instead of the afternoon tea tray. Had them on my last 2 flights in May LHR-YYZ. I hope AC continues offering them.
Cannot comment on Y main meal, have not flown Y LHR-YYZ route for several years.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by sp4294
KLM MD-11s are being phased out this year for B777, so no new J for these. Still a regular this summer to YVR. Avoid until next year at the earliest.
KLM are already operating 777 on AMS-YVR on both the passenger and cargo flight (KLM681/KLM213)
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by SensFan
Flight attendants hate Diet Coke. If that is your drink of choice I am surprised you haven't been snarled at more often.
I may be missing something. Is this a joke? Why would FAs hate Diet Coke?
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by WillTravel
I may be missing something. Is this a joke? Why would FAs hate Diet Coke?
Yes, it is.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by WillTravel
Why would FAs hate Diet Coke?
http://www.neatorama.com/2013/07/05/...ht-Attendants/

5. DIET COKE IS OUR NEMESIS

Of all the drinks we serve, Diet Coke takes the most time to pour—the fizz takes forever to settle at 35,000 feet. In the time it takes me to pour a single cup of Diet Coke, I can serve three passengers a different beverage. So even though giving cans to first-class passengers is a big no-no, you’ll occasionally spy 12 ounces of silver trimmed in red sitting up there.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by gglave
http://www.neatorama.com/2013/07/05/...ht-Attendants/

5. DIET COKE IS OUR NEMESIS

Of all the drinks we serve, Diet Coke takes the most time to pour—the fizz takes forever to settle at 35,000 feet. In the time it takes me to pour a single cup of Diet Coke, I can serve three passengers a different beverage. So even though giving cans to first-class passengers is a big no-no, you’ll occasionally spy 12 ounces of silver trimmed in red sitting up there.
That is why I ask for the whole can. No work for the FA. Just gimme the can.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.