Employer dumping AC

Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
AC's fleet seems newer than any other airline I've flown on... though that's mainly US and UA....
Yes, it may 'seem' so, because its your 'favourite' airline - but the facts speak for themselves, on average US is actually newer

http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/US%20Airways.htm
Average age of AC's fleet: 12.9 years
http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Air%20Canada.htm
Average age of UA's fleet: 13.6 years
http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/U...20Airlines.htm
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
US is my favorite airline. Where else can you use electronic devices throughout take-off while the FA sitting directly across from is occupied with her cross-word puzzles
Old Jun 30, 2013, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

US is my favorite airline. Where else can you use electronic devices throughout take-off while the FA sitting directly across from is occupied with her cross-word puzzles
That is true, AC is much safer thanks to FAs policing use of headphones on takeoff/landing.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:08 am

Hardly unique to US
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Or you could practice hiding them in order to continue.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I'm always bemused by the "prices prove AC is better" arguments.

If WS is more expensive than AC then their fares are "criminal".

If AC is more expensive than WS it's because AC is a better airline that people want to fly even though the price is higher due to the increased demand.
I didn't say all fares on WJ were criminal, just te plus fares. Flex on WJ is very comparable to flex on AC. Considering you will only have the option to book flex on WH because they have maybe 4 economy seats per flight, the benefits if AC fat outway that if WJ. I'm not saying AC is better or worst it that I am head of heels in lust with AC. I am drawing from personal experience on both airlines and I find ACs product vastly superior over WJ. Whether my experience represents the norm or not, I don't know. But it just that - my experience.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I am rarely on a flight with less than a 98% load factor.
I agree with the load factor, but here's the thing: If Translink Vancouver cuts the bus frequency on a popular route then the load factor on the remaining buses naturally goes up.

How much of that is attributable here?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
I don't fly WS very much, but living in Vancouver I have to say that their schedule is often more convenient that what AC offers.

For example, AC's lone LAS->YVR flight leaves at 7:30am. WS? 1:45pm, with another at 10pm.

WS also flies to destinations out of YVR like SNA, that aren't even served by AC.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Yes, it may 'seem' so, because its your 'favourite' airline - but the facts speak for themselves, on average US is actually newer

Or it could be that AC maintains their product better and all the interiors are newish with project XM being complete.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by gglave
I don't fly WS very much, but living in Vancouver I have to say that their schedule is often more convenient that what AC offers.

For example, AC's lone LAS->YVR flight leaves at 7:30am. WS? 1:45pm, with another at 10pm.

WS also flies to destinations out of YVR like SNA, that aren't even served by AC.
thats because WS has made Vegas their home away from home. Leisure travellers in Canada have the perception that AC=Bad WS=Good. IMO this is largely due to the folksy marketing WS does. I also find everyone has a horrid "friend-of-a-friend" story about AC. When reality the overall service on WS or AC is negligibly different. I have had just as many snarly FA, GAs on WS as I have had on AC. And at the risk of getting slammed for sounding like an apologist, it has been MY PERSONAL experience that AC outperforms WS in almost ever way.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by danapop
I didn't say all fares on WJ were criminal, just te plus fares. Flex on WJ is very comparable to flex on AC. Considering you will only have the option to book flex on WH because they have maybe 4 economy seats per flight, the benefits if AC fat outway that if WJ. I'm not saying AC is better or worst it that I am head of heels in lust with AC. I am drawing from personal experience on both airlines and I find ACs product vastly superior over WJ. Whether my experience represents the norm or not, I don't know. But it just that - my experience.
it depends on your priorities.... convenience (time/connections), service quality, or purely $$$ to get from A to B......... In my unscientific research, I believe many will choose the last option followed by connections........
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by gglave

AC doesn't serve SNA BECAUSE WS does.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or it could be that AC maintains their product better and all the interiors are newish with project XM being complete.
yes, for sure, especially when it comes to the always reliable IFE!

I am glad you enjoy AC, and feel free to go on believing that its anything but a mediocre airline. Some of us who fly internationally have had their eyes opened
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:59 am

yes, for sure, especially when it comes to the always reliable IFE!

I am glad you enjoy AC, and feel free to go on believing that its anything but a mediocre airline. Some of us who fly internationally have had their eyes opened
Absolutely. I am a "domestic" FF. so I have WS and AC. And I'll take AC over WS any day. I am in no way saying AC is the best or even top five. But donesticlly, they are hands down the best.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:11 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

You probably came along after the duct tape era.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.