Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

DISTINCTION LAUNCH PROMOTION - Get 15K Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISTINCTION LAUNCH PROMOTION - Get 15K Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
I hope these points will post quickly... Can't wait to cancel my useless aerogold !
Doesn't hurt to keep it for a few more months.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:21 am

For some reason I thought if you reached black or diamond by DEC. 31 you would get your points by MARCH 31.
I guess I was wrong, Now it could be anytime within the next 2 years.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: *void
I hope these points will post quickly... Can't wait to cancel my useless aerogold !
Hold onto it, in good standing, for at least 6 months....then aim it at the spittoon.

Originally Posted by crimsona
I think I'm going to have to fight for it, despite having hit dblack points wise a week ago.

The fiancee reached 50k 4 days ago and got upgraded this morning, so something's screwy with my account
Again, I'm pretty sure when I hit dBlack a couple of weeks ago that my logo, when logged in at Aeroplan.com, was updated within a day or 2.

But, like you, my wife hit dBlack 6 days ago and it's still showing as dSilver. And when choosing Market Fare redemptions, it's still showing only the dSilver discounts instead of slightly-better dBlack discounts...so in AP's system, my wife is still effectively dSilver. "We need more BANANAS!!"

However, at her Account Summary page, it shows the "100% dBlack", in the dial-o-meter logo....and when at the Transactions page, selecting a filtered query to show only the Distinction eligible miles from Jan2014 to Mar2014, it shows she did exceed 50K. So, not gonna worry too much about hitting dBlack before March 31st for the extra 10K (d-Eligible) bonus miles. It would've been a drag if we needed the dBlack status to shave off some miles if we needed it for a Market Fare booking, but my own bona fide dBlackness came in handy for this.

So, on to the obligatory 6-8 weeks (??) waiting period. Good luck to all, who are expecting bonus dStinkies!
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Hold onto it, in good standing, for at least 6 months....then aim it at the spittoon.
I've got an aerogold for maybe 5 years, and it's been maybe 6 months I did not use it once, I am just waiting the 15k to dump it...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:17 pm

I've got an aerogold for maybe 5 years, and it's been maybe 6 months I did not use it once, I am just waiting the 15k to dump it...
I see. Well congrats on reaching dDiamond, registering for this promo lasy year, and now the associated wait for the 15K bonus points to come!

Thought I recall reading once before that you should spend at least once every 6 months to keep a card at R1 status, before canceling it.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:12 pm

Finally got my dBlack status - but we'll see if my status actually gets backdated before April 1. Have not received email yet
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Silver, Aeroplan 25K, DVC
You may be waiting a little while longer. Aeroplan just posted the following on Facebook in response to a question about the promotion:

"According to the T&C these bonus miles will be credited to member’s account 12 weeks following the end of the promotion."

I guess they have Tim Conway's Old Man character shuffling around and processing the promotion miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ry8khR922g
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:28 pm

Finally got my dBlack status - but we'll see if my status actually gets backdated before April 1. Have not received email yet
Thanks for the reminder. I did check late last night, but the status was saying dSilver for my wife, but when I checked after seeing your message, it was also set to dBlack now. I don't think we need to worry about any issues with the bonus. All Aeroplan has to do is run that filtered query for all txns during Jan-Mar, of d-Eligible points, and it will show the 50K+. It's not our fault they starved their IT monkey, and delayed the website status till today, April 2nd.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 2:28 pm

I got the email finally, but it's dated April second. doesn't bode well. Is your wife in the same boat?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 4:01 pm

I got the email finally, but it's dated April second. doesn't bode well. Is your wife in the same boat?
Same. Got the email this afternoon at 4:21pm, announcing dBlack reached.
I'm pleased to inform you that you have qualified for the dBlack level of DistinctionTM on April 2, 2014. As one of our most valued members, your exclusive flight reward benefits, bonus mile offers and unique privileges start today and continue until December 31, 2015.
Regardless, we'll expect to see the 10K bonus awarded to her, by virtue of accumulating the +50K well before March 31st, 2014.

Not related, but just want to point out that early qualification for dBlack starts immediately and throughout all of 2015...so 1.75 years of dBlack status, for additional consideration of the option of booking those favourable Market Fares at discount miles.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:09 pm

Promo Ends 31 March 2014 so miles will arrive on July 2 2014

Promo Ends 31 March 2014 so miles will arrive on July 2 2014
12 weeks from 31 March 2014
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:25 am

Has anyone received the 15K miles promised by CIBC/TD for achieving Diamond

When I achieved Distinction Diamond status, I was told that I would receive 15K aeroplan miles if I retained an aeroplan affiliated credit card beyond March 31, 2014. I did but have not yet received the miles. Has anyone else?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AC 75K
Welcome to FT...search is your friend.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...k-bonus-6.html

Short answer - it'll be 6-8 weeks to get the points.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
The offer is not by CIBC/TD, it is by Aeroplan.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:18 pm

Still waiting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.