Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada announces new codeshare agreement with Air Dolomiti

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/130626.html

June 26, 2013

Air Canada is happy to announce a new codeshare agreement with Air Dolomiti.

Our codeshare partnerships allow us to provide you with worldwide services through an extensive network of convenient flight connections.

And thanks to our most recent agreement, you'll now be able to earn Aeroplan Miles on eligible Air Dolomiti flights.

Learn more about how you can accumulate Aeroplan miles on codeshare flights.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:53 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Who?!?
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Far Siren
Who?!?
A tiny regional airline fully owned by LH which mainly operates regional jets between Munich and select cities in Italy.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
A tiny regional airline fully owned by LH which mainly operates regional jets between Munich and select cities in Italy.
lol!

Can you please make it more specific so I can laugh once more???!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Incorporated in Italy but fully owned by LH and actually operating out of MUC. Italian crews. Used to fly a mix of CRJs and ATRs. Apparently got a bunch of EMBs now. Not unpleasant.

Flew them a few times MUC-PSA. Only way to get to PSA on a Star Alliance. You do get the miles on Aeroplan.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: AC, Bonvoy, HH
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Also flys between Frankfurt and Italy. They have also expanded to Moscow.

FYI - The dolomites are a range of mountains in the southern alps that flow through northern Italy.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 7:11 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone have experience earning Aeroplan miles on Air Dolomiti? I flew them last month between MUC-MXP (AC code share with AC flight number, operated by Air Dolomiti), and haven't seen any miles credited. The rest of my itinerary posted two weeks ago (YWG-YYZ-MUC-MXP).

Just wondering if I should be patient, or inquire with Aeroplan.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:03 am

I flew Air Dolomiti from MUC to FCO last year, and IIRC, it had a LH flight number.
It was part of an AC flex fare ticket I purchased for YYZ-Europe, and I received the miles in a timely manner like other LH flights.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by agjil
I flew Air Dolomiti from MUC to FCO last year, and IIRC, it had a LH flight number.
It was part of an AC flex fare ticket I purchased for YYZ-Europe, and I received the miles in a timely manner like other LH flights.
I also flew this route last year, also part of a Flex ticket. I was on an EMB, and, at the risk of causing Dorian to laugh hysterically, I agree with Stranger. It was a very pleasant flight that left on time, offered friendly service and a decent snack including Prosecco ^

Oh, and as is the case with everything in Italy, that airline is all about looks. They don't hire their FAs over the phone
Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
Originally Posted by laidback71
Also flys between Frankfurt and Italy. They have also expanded to Moscow.

FYI - The dolomites are a range of mountains in the southern alps that flow through northern Italy.
Best place to ski in Europe. I was there 4 weeks ago. Corvara,Italy simply awesome.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Stranger
Incorporated in Italy but fully owned by LH and actually operating out of MUC. Italian crews. Used to fly a mix of CRJs and ATRs. Apparently got a bunch of EMBs now. Not unpleasant.

Flew them a few times MUC-PSA. Only way to get to PSA on a Star Alliance. You do get the miles on Aeroplan.
This is a bit of a bump I realize, but here we are.

Does anyone know the current situation with mileage credit for Air Dolomiti? FRA-VRN-MUC next month and I have no idea if I'll get miles. On 014 stock but with EN**** flight numbers. I do not see them listed on Aeroplan.

Doesn't matter much of course because it's such a short distance, but my OCD requires that my spreadsheet be accurate. Immediately.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I had a few flights with Air Dolomiti last year, and they all credited AQM consistent with LH Intra-European flights.

As an aside, I'm working on polishing my version of the AQD/AQM spreadsheet that incorporates another spreadsheet I have that encapsulates all of the Aeroplan partner airlines accumulation levels. I checked that against my Altitude history and they both agreed.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Jan 9, 2019 at 1:33 pm Reason: More info
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I had a few flights with Air Dolomiti last year, and they all credited AQM consistent with LH Intra-European flights.

As an aside, I'm working on polishing my version of the AQD/AQM spreadsheet that incorporates another spreadsheet I have that encapsulates all of the Aeroplan partner airlines accumulation levels. I checked that against my Altitude history and they both agreed.
I flew them in 2017 from MXP to MUC with a LH flight number. Standard LH accumulation. 50% for a P fare
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 172pilot

I flew them in 2017 from MXP to MUC with a LH flight number. Standard LH accumulation. 50% for a P fare
Ah, doing MUC to MXP in P next month. And indeed I was already expecting 50%.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by Far Siren
Who?!?
Grape leave wrapped ore used to block cosmic rays from sensitive scientific equipment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.