Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Looks like all AC flights arrived at Terminal 2B. Very unfortunate for walking distance, I wonder who has all the prime Terminal 2 space once all airlines start operations.
I can confirm that it is a long walk. Upgradesecret may be correct about narrow bodies using the "main" part, although I too noted it looked empty for now.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by The Lev
I can confirm that it is a long walk. Upgradesecret may be correct about narrow bodies using the "main" part, although I too noted it looked empty for now.
It's probably the same as in T5 - i.e. only narrow-bodies form the main building (unless bus gate).
I do wonder whether the YYT flights (operated by A319) use T2A, or do they use T2B where the AC lounge is located?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:19 am

I was in the departure lounge yesterday. First impressions:
  1. It is a VERY long walk from T2A (where you check in) to T2B
  2. All the shops are in T2A so those who shop need to get that done before you head to lounge
  3. The lounge itself is smaller than I thought it would be - one long sitting area and then a corner area with food/showers etc and very fancy meeting table (which seems more for looks than practicality)
  4. There were no places to sit near the TV
  5. Food was a step down from the old SAS lounge - but this was only day 1. Just 1 soup, a few salads and 2 types of (nasty) sandwiches. Hopefully it will get better
  6. Lots of people (too many) trying to take your drinks order from your seat - I was being asked every couple of minutes if they could bring me something
  7. To me the lounge lacking privacy for conversation - but again it was by no means finished (lots of construction people still) so maybe it will get better.
  8. Nice big window - but views are back toward T2A which is a bit of a shame.
  9. Overview is that it was definitely a disappointment - personally I prefer the old SAS lounge - but as I mentioned this was day 1 so maybe things will improve.
If I have time later (and I can figure out the technology) I will try and post a photo or two.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: aeroplan Elite, Priority Club. HHonours
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Looks like all AC flights arrived at Terminal 2B. Very unfortunate for walking distance, I wonder who has all the prime Terminal 2 space once all airlines start operations.

Given comments about walking distance (check in to Lounge & arrival gate to customs area) it would be helpful if those who have now arrived and departed T2 could put the matter into some perspective e.g. are the distances "about the same as T3" are there moving walkways as in T3 ?.

This is imprortant to me since wife will have problems with the walking and we may have to change to BA for Summer visit to UK. Thanks
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by AC854
Given comments about walking distance (check in to Lounge & arrival gate to customs area) it would be helpful if those who have now arrived and departed T2 could put the matter into some perspective e.g. are the distances "about the same as T3" are there moving walkways as in T3 ?.

This is imprortant to me since wife will have problems with the walking and we may have to change to BA for Summer visit to UK. Thanks
The walk is an underground tunnel between T2A and T2B. It does have a series of moving walkways with escalators/elevators at either end. Total distance is probably the same as the furthest point at T3 I would guess (but that is only a guess). It felt like a long walk.

At T2B where the departures gates are the area is open - so you are not held in small rooms as with T3.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 8:18 am

Seating area - smaller than I expected, very open and somewhat lacking in privacy. Lovely big window but views are towards T2A

Food selection was disappointing - 1 soup, a couple of sandwiches and a few salads. However it is only day one so will hopefully improve.

Overall I prefer the old SAS lounge at T3 - but maybe this will improve once everything is finished.

Last edited by Tractor Boy; Jun 19, 2014 at 10:43 am Reason: recovered technology idiot
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by zkzkz
This was the main disadvantage to switching from AC to BA. This brings AC on par on this front. BA only gives arrivals lounge access to BA Gold (=~ SE100K). BA Silver (=~ AC 50K) only gets departure lounges.
All passengers arriving in First or Club World longhaul flights have access to the arrival lounge in T5. Gold lets you use it when arriving on any BA/AA flight.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:46 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Originally Posted by The Lev
T2A will be mainly used by carriers that are moving in the next few months. AC flights will mainly be at T2B but could be T2A too at times. The space available for the UA/SQ/AC lounges are in T2B so it would make sense to gate most flights from that area for our premium customers. The walk is not much longer than today - did it yesterday a few times back and forth and it was no more than 10 minutes with the moving walkway.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:58 pm

That was you in the lounge yesterday!
I did not want to disturb you while you ere working and then you were gone.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:58 pm

Not surprising that AC Altitude's reference to concierges at LHR does NOT include rev J passengers Given that many concierges openly shun us non-SEs anyway it doesn't make much difference

And are you really serious that rev J passengers will not be able to use the arrivals lounge after March 2015?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by BrotherBranwell
And are you really serious that rev J passengers will not be able to use the arrivals lounge after March 2015?
Allow me to go back one page for you and trim the quote:

Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude
...Jagboi and Crampedin13A, as is the case in Terminal 3 currently, customers arriving in Heathrow may present their International Business Class boarding pass in order to gain access to the Arrivals Lounge – that will not change...
Old Jun 19, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by BrotherBranwell
Air Canada Altitude's latest post in this very thread confirms that paid business class passengers also get access to the arrivals lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy

Seating area - smaller than I expected, very open and somewhat lacking in privacy. Lovely big window but views are towards T2A

Food selection was disappointing - 1 soup, a couple of sandwiches and a few salads. However it is only day one so will hopefully improve.

Overall I prefer the old SAS lounge at T3 - but maybe this will improve once everything is finished.
Assume that Singapore's lounge is next to Air Canada's MLL, so we could always go to Singapore lounge. You will not be disappointed.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: aeroplan Elite, Priority Club. HHonours
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy
The walk is an underground tunnel between T2A and T2B. It does have a series of moving walkways with escalators/elevators at either end. Total distance is probably the same as the furthest point at T3 I would guess (but that is only a guess). It felt like a long walk.

At T2B where the departures gates are the area is open - so you are not held in small rooms as with T3.

Many thanks for your comments.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by lespoir
Assume that Singapore's lounge is next to Air Canada's MLL, so we could always go to Singapore lounge. You will not be disappointed.
Sadly Singapore Airlines don't move to Terminal 2 until 17th September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.