Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
BA does offer FastTrack at LHR but it's all a big mess and YMMV. On the OW website, OWE are supposed to get FastTrack but on the BA website it says OWS and OWE plus 1 guest are allowed FastTrack. At T5 your boarding pass will get you through but in T3 you need a FastTrack slip which is given by cabin crew and they aren't really aware of the rules either on who gets it and who doesn't.

But as we're in the AC forum, I digress.

According to the Heathrow website though, AC is SUPPOSED to offer Arrivals (passport control) FastTrack. I've seen fasttrack lines for security but never for immigration at T2 and I've never been offered a FastTrack slip onboard an inbound flight either.

http://www.heathrow.com/airport-guid...ces/fast-track
Don't get me wrong here... AC has always allowed LHR arrivals fasttrack for J passengers (and SEs not in J)... but this is not something official for a E50K in AC Y, or a LH HON in Ac Y, for example (these are just examples of many).

I was under the impression you were talking about any Star Alliance status in general, and if not that, then just any AC status in general, including E25, E35, E50, and E75 in in Y... AC only offers fasttrack slips and not all airlines in the Star Alliance offer fasttrack slips even to front cabin passengers. The immigration fasttrack line at LHR T2 only serves those with the slips. Not all airlines give the slips to their status or J pax, meaning that the immigration fasttrack line does not serve all status passengers.

In fact, the link you provided shows that not all airlines offer immigration (Arrivals) fasttrack.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Don't get me wrong here... AC has always allowed LHR arrivals fasttrack for J passengers (and SEs not in J)... but this is not something official for a E50K in AC Y, or a LH HON in Ac Y, for example (these are just examples of many).

I was under the impression you were talking about any Star Alliance status in general, and if not that, then just any AC status in general, including E25, E35, E50, and E75 in in Y... AC only offers fasttrack slips and not all airlines in the Star Alliance offer fasttrack slips even to front cabin passengers. The immigration fasttrack line at LHR T2 only serves those with the slips. Not all airlines give the slips to their status or J pax, meaning that the immigration fasttrack line does not serve all status passengers.

In fact, the link you provided shows that not all airlines offer immigration (Arrivals) fasttrack.
Ahh yes, I was under the impression that AC would treat *G similar to how BA treats OWS and offer FastTrack slips to elite members. That's a misunderstanding on my part.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
A word of caution based on my experience. Your onwards flight needs to be operated by a Star Alliance carrier, despite being booked through AC as a codeshare. I have been denied access to *A lounges because my onward flight was operated by CX (OneWorld) and CA (SkyTeam) despite being booked on AC, the arriving flight being on AC, and being a SE100K.
I have no doubt this has been an issue for many based on the posts, but I will print this out and have it handy in case there is an issue. It seems pretty clear unless I'm missing something... (which is possible...)

Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
AC MLL lounge access - LHR - for nonstatus passengers flying economy

My sister-in-law will be flying (in April) from YOW to LHR on AC, and then from LHR to Singapore on SQ.
There will be an all day(time) layover at LHR.
She will be flying on an Aeroplan economy class ticket.
She has no status with any Star Alliance airline.

The question is how (or if) she can get access to the AC MLL (or some other lounge) free of charge, or for minimal charge.

In the good old times, the guest lounge pass that I as a SE could receive as one of the benefits of my status, was not restricted to domestic and transborder MLLs, as is currently the case. So the guest lounge pass is out.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
My sister-in-law will be flying (in April) from YOW to LHR on AC, and then from LHR to Singapore on SQ.
There will be an all day(time) layover at LHR.
She will be flying on an Aeroplan economy class ticket.
She has no status with any Star Alliance airline.

The question is how (or if) she can get access to the AC MLL (or some other lounge) free of charge, or for minimal charge.

In the good old times, the guest lounge pass that I as a SE could receive as one of the benefits of my status, was not restricted to domestic and transborder MLLs, as is currently the case. So the guest lounge pass is out.
Which Lounge? YOW or LHR? YOW doesn’t have a separate Intl Lounge like some airports do so your vouchers will work there (I’ve used one to guest a friend in at YHZ on an Intl ticket). LHR however, a better bet would be the SQ forum, day pass purchase at some lounge is my best guess - but not all lounges allow that.
Vaguswarrior likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:33 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
There's a PPL at T2 that's part of Priority Pass or for which a day pass can be purchased.

But with an all-day layover, why not venture out in to the city for a few hours?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jc94
Which Lounge? YOW or LHR? YOW doesn’t have a separate Intl Lounge like some airports do so your vouchers will work there (I’ve used one to guest a friend in at YHZ on an Intl ticket). LHR however, a better bet would be the SQ forum, day pass purchase at some lounge is my best guess - but not all lounges allow that.
Yes, my MLL guest pass will work at YOW.

I am talking about accessing the LHR AC MLL for the day (maybe 6 hours or so).
She is not interested, after a overnight red-eye flight, going to see any sights anywhere - even if feasible. The SQ flight will be another red-eye.
She would like to rest at the least economical cost (ie no cost, if possible) at LHR - preferably airside. I do not know if there is an airside hotel at LHR in the Star Alliance terminal building - but it will possibly be beyond her budgetary range. So she wants a lounge - whether the AC MLL, the priority pass lounge (she does not have a priority pass card), or some other lounge.

If she does go to a lounge, whether the departure priority pass lounge, or arrival priority pass lounge would be better.

Would she be able to access the Star Alliance arrivals lounge in any way?

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Nov 26, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:11 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
For someone in Y with no status, there's nothing free other than hanging out in the terminal, unless using a program like Priority Pass. Other than that, it comes down to what is she willing to spend to buy access to some lounge or another.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:08 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
CA (SkyTeam) despite being booked on AC, the arriving flight being on AC, and being a SE100K.
CA is a full *A member. You should get access. At LHR they officially use UA lounge, so - in the worst case - they should try to send you there...
Old Dec 25, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Would she be able to access the Star Alliance arrivals lounge in any way?
No. I tried as a lowly 75k early this year and was denied.

Be careful with time limits on paid lounge access. Your S-i-L will be in T2 for 12+ hours and some paid lounge access is restricted to a fixed maximum number of hours.

Just did a quick search. Plaza Premium Lounge at LHR T2 is Ł40.00 for 3 hrs and Ł65.00 for 6 hrs. With two consecutive red eyes, I strongly suggest getting out of the airport for a few hours to get some air, and to be properly tired for the SQ flight, rather than in a travel-induced trance. HEX is Ł31 round trip, but the tube is much cheaper.
--
13F
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
As noted, paid access to lounges at LHR for a long duration is very expensive, approaching or exceeding the cost of a budget hotel. There are hotels a quick and cheap tube ride away in Hounslow with day rates of $40-50, less than 2 hours in a chair at an airport lounge would cost. If one doesn't want to leave the airport no matter what, and the layover is really all day, my honest suggestion would be to bring a yoga mat and an eye mask and sleep in the terminal.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by eigenvector
As noted, paid access to lounges at LHR for a long duration is very expensive, approaching or exceeding the cost of a budget hotel. There are hotels a quick and cheap tube ride away in Hounslow with day rates of $40-50, less than 2 hours in a chair at an airport lounge would cost. If one doesn't want to leave the airport no matter what, and the layover is really all day, my honest suggestion would be to bring a yoga mat and an eye mask and sleep in the terminal.
some of the properties along Bath Road area also have respectable day rates, and all accessible with the free city buses around the airport. That's what I usually do!
skybluesea likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Originally Posted by eigenvector
As noted, paid access to lounges at LHR for a long duration is very expensive, approaching or exceeding the cost of a budget hotel.
or try YOTEL in Terminal 4
https://jdasolutions.aero/news-event...t-warms-up.pdf

4 hours less than 40 GBP, and 6 hours about 50 GBP, and easy to get to from any of the LHR terminals
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Showers in this MLL?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
Showers in this MLL?
Yes
longtimeflyin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.