Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 5:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I could totally just google it... but I won't... I'll FT it...

What's a jitney?!
Its a piggy back ride by a burly strong backed character.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I could totally just google it... but I won't... I'll FT it...

What's a jitney?!
Think you used the word buggy. The cart they use to drive people around.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I was transiting T2-T2 through LHR though, so I didn't have to check-in... and the moving walkways are only from gates to lounge, not from lounge to gates. So the way back it's all walking... Wish it was where the *A lounge is, right near the gates
There is an LH lounge near the "close" gates. UA/AC/SQ lounges area ll near their own gates.

If you don't want to walk, don't use the wrong lounge
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by canadiancow
There is an LH lounge near the "close" gates. UA/AC/SQ lounges area ll near their own gates.

If you don't want to walk, don't use the wrong lounge
I was talking about the MLL lounge though! :P not the other *A lounges
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:37 am

I was talking about the MLL lounge though! :P not the other *A lounges
Right, but if you're flying LH/LX/SK/whatever, why are you walking to the MLL?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right, but if you're flying LH/LX/SK/whatever, why are you walking to the MLL?
Because I only have MLL access...
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:29 am

Because I only have MLL access...
Whaaa... how does that work?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whaaa... how does that work?
Credit card!
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: altitude
Fast Track on arrival

Originally Posted by Air Canada Altitude
Hi everyone

As many of you are no doubt aware, starting on June 18, 2014, Terminal 2 will serve as Air Canada’s new home for all flights arriving and departing London Heathrow Airport. With over 175 daily departures to more than 50 destinations, the state-of-the-art terminal will welcome up to 20 million passengers each year. By early 2015, all Star Alliance member airlines serving LHR will operate from Terminal 2, along with other codeshare partners such as Aer Lingus.

Depending on your Altitude status, an array of priority services will be available to you in this new terminal, beginning on Wednesday:

Priority check-in
All Altitude members can take advantage of priority check-in, located within Zone A of the check-in lobby.
Priority security
In addition to Altitude Super Elite 100K members who enjoy this privilege currently, Altitude Elite 35K, Elite 50K, and Elite 75K members will now also be able to speed through security clearance – simply look for signs indicating Fastrack – by invitation only.
New Maple Leaf Lounge
Located in Terminal 2B will be a new Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, featuring a tended bar and a spa-like shower area for passengers departing London on long-haul flights. Additionally, the new lounge will have a bistro with a chef’s cooking station, and a “quiet zone” with TV-equipped relaxation pods and chaises.

Altitude Elite 50K, Elite 75K and Super Elite 100K members, along with their eligible companion(s), can access this lounge when traveling on any flight operated by a Star Alliance member airline. Additionally, Altitude Elite 35K members can access this lounge when they have chosen Complimentary access to International Maple Leaf and Star Alliance Business Lounges as a Select Privilege.
New Arrivals Lounge
Also located in Terminal 2 will be a new Arrivals Lounge, offering a terrific spot to refresh after a long international flight. Visitors can indulge in a hot shower and enjoy a buffet breakfast.

As with our current Arrivals Lounge in Terminal 3, Altitude Elite 50K, Elite 75K and Super Elite 100K members, along with one guest, will be eligible to access this lounge, located in the Arrivals Hall, when arriving on a long haul flight operated by Air Canada.

However, since this lounge is being operated in conjunction with our airline partners and will therefore need to accommodate more travellers than the number visiting our current location, our access policy will change in 2015. Effective March 1, 2015 only Altitude Super Elite 100K members, along with one guest, will be eligible to access this lounge.
New Concierge Service
As today, Altitude Super Elite 100K can enjoy the personalized and superior service of Air Canada Concierge agents, who will assist with special requests to ensure your travel experience is as comfortable as possible.

With our move to a new terminal, take note that our Concierge office at Heathrow Airport will have a new phone number. Super Elite 100K members can find it by visiting their Priority Contacts page.
We look forward to welcoming you to our new home at LHR – in the meantime, you can find more information about our services in Terminal 2 here.

I am a 100k super elite and I was refused access on arrival to clear customs because I was not travelling in Business class. I was travelling in premium economy. I waited for over 1 hr to clear customs. I thought as a 100k I had access. Not a very happy customer.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guillaume Gignac
I am a 100k super elite and I was refused access on arrival to clear customs because I was not travelling in Business class. I was travelling in premium economy. I waited for over 1 hr to clear customs. I thought as a 100k I had access. Not a very happy customer.
I don't see that the above mentions anything about fast track through customs. They usally distribute a red pass onboard at least in front.

But the page you quote does not mention this. Only fast track through security (presumably upon departure).
Old Jul 11, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger
I don't see that the above mentions anything about fast track through customs. They usally distribute a red pass onboard at least in front.

But the page you quote does not mention this. Only fast track through security (presumably upon departure).
Stranger is right...Fast track as a SE is departure only
All Business psgrs receive Fast Track Customs upon arrival in Heathrow
I have seen a proactive SD search out the other SE on a flight and give the passes out but this is rare
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
@Guillaume Gignac

Similar to the above posters...

Sorry this didn't work out for you.
The quote from the Altitude communique is not relevant to what you were looking for, however.

There is a LHR pinkies/greysies fasttrack slip thread that I started here on FT for people to ask or distrubute these fasttrack slips you could have used.

Next time when not in J, prior to the flight landing, make sure you talk to the SD so that s/he can give you one.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:09 am

@Guillaume Gignac

Similar to the above posters...

Sorry this didn't work out for you.
The quote from the Altitude communique is not relevant to what you were looking for, however.

There is a LHR pinkies/greysies fasttrack slip thread that I started here on FT for people to ask or distrubute these fasttrack slips you could have used.

Next time when not in J, prior to the flight landing, make sure you talk to the SD so that s/he can give you one.
Wasn't able to locate the thread mentioned above.

Can anyone confirm whether LHR fast track customs is a J privilege only, or if any 35k or higher can request this from SD? If I understand correctly, one can't just enter this line; a paper pass is required.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
A paper pass is required and they are only handed out to passengers in Business Class. However, they are not personalised, so should you obtain one,it will be useable.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
There is a LHR pinkies/greysies fasttrack slip thread that I started here on FT for people to ask or distrubute these fasttrack slips you could have used.....
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Wasn't able to locate the thread mentioned above.

Well, here is yyznomad's thread and some informative posts in it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-up-grabs.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.