Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:10 pm

T2 has Very good/fast connection between terminal 2 and 4/5 using Heathrow express train. Bit of walk, but probably all in 20 mins, impressive.

The airside transfer option for connections to other terminals ( if you have connector and don't want to use arrivals lounge ) appears to be well signed and laid out, plus allows avoiding security. Spoke with passport control officer as he was wondering why we wanted to go through security again instead of using airside transfer bus system, once I explained it was to grab shower he understood. Nice to have a civil / helpful conversation with border people, unlike most USA entry people.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by xLuther
The airside transfer option for connections to other terminals ( if you have connector and don't want to use arrivals lounge ) appears to be well signed and laid out, plus allows avoiding security. Spoke with passport control officer as he was wondering why we wanted to go through security again instead of using airside transfer bus system, once I explained it was to grab shower he understood. Nice to have a civil / helpful conversation with border people, unlike most USA entry people.
Airside transfer does not avoid a second security check; however, it does allow one to avoid border control.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by 14940674
Airside transfer does not avoid a second security check; however, it does allow one to avoid border control.
Too bad, I find security only crap thing in LHR, T5 staff complete .......s compared to TSA and they are horrid.

Passport control in general very pleasant compared to USA or Canada customs, also for most part they need an attitude improvement
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
I'm E35K traveling Y out of LHR next week with 2 family members, one on a separate PNR (both no status, Y). Will they be allowed through the fastrack security with me? I've never had a problem bringing them through AC priority security lines in Canada, but am unclear about the rules at LHR.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
LHR new arrivals lounge hours?

The old arrivals lounge closed early. What are the new hours? http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...unges/lhr.html is mum about this. However it says "You must present your valid same-day boarding pass from an arriving Air Canada flight, as well as a valid membership card to access the Arrivals Lounge." what membership card?

I plan to arrive on 11:15AM and while there's a BA flight to my destination at at 13:50 I do not want to try immigration, collecting my luggage, transfer terminals, go through security again in 2:15. That's slightly insane. The next flight is at 18:10 and I would love to stay until say 4PM and only then move on.

Last edited by chx1975; Apr 23, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Old Apr 23, 2015, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I would assume the card is if you're SE in Y. Clearly a random J passenger isn't going to have a card of any sort.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
connecting to Dublin in LHR T2

I am flying Yyz-Lhr-dub in J as an SE. Is there a lounge available for the Aer Lingus Flight from Lhr-dub?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by wolvie007
I am flying Yyz-Lhr-dub in J as an SE. Is there a lounge available for the Aer Lingus Flight from Lhr-dub?
LH Senator Lounge - used it a few times as a SE the past year flying on other *A airlines out of LHR T2 within Europe.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by nave888
I'm E35K traveling Y out of LHR next week with 2 family members, one on a separate PNR (both no status, Y). Will they be allowed through the fastrack security with me? I've never had a problem bringing them through AC priority security lines in Canada, but am unclear about the rules at LHR.

Any thoughts?
I'm not even sure E35 has access to priority security lanes at LHR T2. I've never used them myself as an E75 but tbh the regular security line moves along pretty quickly so it has never been something I've thought to try. In fact YYZ security could learn many things from LHR T2 security.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:11 am

only arrived @ T2 so far but used T5 both ways a lot. For Departures, If using same system ( and probably is ) your card means zero, it depends on BP for security.
You go to priority line a person looks @ BP if not coded for J or FF they send you away, plus after that your BP is required to be scanned to get gate to open, so even if you BS your way past person if not on BP the scan won't open the gate doors, the BP dictates entry to the priority security area.

Frankly they move about the same except @ very peak times.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I would assume the card is if you're SE in Y. Clearly a random J passenger isn't going to have a card of any sort.
what about *A?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
what about *A?
If you are arriving on AC metal, to access the LHR T2 Arrivals Lounge operated by UA:

1. You have to furnish your J BP from the AC metal flight you just arrived on, or
2. You are Air Canada Super Elite S100K member, furnishing your BP (any class) from the AC metal flight you just arrived on

Anything else are muggles!
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: A50k since 2012 sometimes more
LHR MLL Arrivals Lounge

first post.

Sorry if this has been discussed. A friend of mine traveling through LHR recently said that the arrivals lounge had a notice that it will only be available for 100k users not 50k as of March 2016. Is this true? How about star gold? I guess there are other arrival lounges for United. Too bad was always a good start to my Europe trips.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:12 am

J ticket or SE100K only, no guests, nice lounge shocking since it actually United run

Same rules for UA
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not an MLL. As already mentioned, it's run by UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.