Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
paid access

That's a good idea. I wonder if it's cheaper if I buy it beforehand. Maybe I can ask in Calgary from the lounge.

Originally Posted by todd-r
I believe you can pay for access to the Arrival MLL. They used to have a flyer on the dinner tray in Y advertising the facility. Not sure if this is still offered or not.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by todd-r
I believe you can pay for access to the Arrival MLL. They used to have a flyer on the dinner tray in Y advertising the facility. Not sure if this is still offered or not.
Access rules changed with the move to T2.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...unges/lhr.html
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I had the opportunity to visit T2 and thought I'd post a few impressions:

arrival experience:

- wait times at immigration using the priority channel were very long - much longer than I've ever spent at T3. I hope AC will pressure the airport authorities to improve the situation.

departure experience:

- AC check-in staff were very friendly, there was a rather long line at priority check-in (>15 people), but the SE check-in line was excellent (only 1 pax ahead of me)

- priority security was very efficient, no line - and the security agent even smiled once

- it took me exactly 8min to get from security to the MLL in T2B - the layout with sloooow walkways and getting on/off walkways every 50m isn't perfect, but overall the experience is much better than I expected

- there are no moving walkways going back from T2B to T2A, so I recommend taking care of any shopping/dining in T2A before going to the lounge

AC departure lounge:

- I liked the general design (similar to the FRA MLL), but unfortunately the lounge was rather crowded and I had a hard time finding a seat even though I wasn't travelling during peak hours and most airlines haven't even moved to T2 yet

- buffet selection wasn't particularly impressive, only a very limited number of drinks are available at the buffet

- most drinks need to be ordered from the servers that walk around the lounge. While I very much like the concept of having servers taking your drinks order, I had to wait for ~30min until a server came around - this aspect definitely needs to be improved

- internet connection was ridiculously slow - to the point it was absolutely useless (received an error message after the page tried to load for 30s)

Overall I'd say it's fine, but nothing to get excited about.

arrivals lounge:

Overall an excellent experience and probably the best arrivals lounge I've been to.^

- very friendly staff at reception
- shower rooms are adequate, though a little small and hot/humid
- very good breakfast buffet + made-to-order English breakfast incl. eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, mushrooms, toast etc.
- very friendly and fast service
- internet connection worked great

Currently there are ~10-12 tables with 4 seats each. IMO it would make more sense to have ~16+ tables with 2-3 seats each to accommodate all the pax, but that's just a minor issue.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 11:18 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I had the opportunity to visit T2 and thought I'd post a few impressions:

arrivals lounge:

Overall an excellent experience and probably the best arrivals lounge I've been to.^

- very friendly staff at reception
- shower rooms are adequate, though a little small and hot/humid
- very good breakfast buffet + made-to-order English breakfast incl. eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, mushrooms, toast etc.
- very friendly and fast service
- internet connection worked great

Currently there are ~10-12 tables with 4 seats each. IMO it would make more sense to have ~16+ tables with 2-3 seats each to accommodate all the pax, but that's just a minor issue.
Just a quick followup to your review and comments. I arrived on AC848 at 8am. I was first in line at Priority Immigration. Other than the long maze to get to immigration, there was no wait.

Arrivals was decent, but I think the BA Concorde Arrivals has more space, bathtubs (if that is your thing) and a larger "menu" service.

The servers/attendants at the T2 UA Arrivals lounge were pleasant and accomodating.

I do wonder what will happen if 5 *A wide bodies dump 10 J/F pax each on the Arrivals lounge. It will be swamped.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC-SE
LHR T2 Questions

Hi,

Flying out to LHR on AC, and will be my first time into T2. Heard a few rumours and thought i'd ask on here:

1) Do they still hand out fast track cards in LHR upon arrival to J?

2) Arrival Lounge...is there an option?

Does T2 have a long walk to the express train? (Longer than T3 one)

Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:14 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Yes, they give out fast track
There is a very small United Airlines Arrivals Lounge
The walk is 12-15 minutes
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:05 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jasper2009

- most drinks need to be ordered from the servers that walk around the lounge. While I very much like the concept of having servers taking your drinks order, I had to wait for ~30min until a server came around - this aspect definitely needs to be improved
No self service Why to increase costs by hiring these servers... We know how to pour a drink
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
UA arrivals

Is the UA arrivals the same as the MLL arrivals?

Originally Posted by Wings100
Yes, they give out fast track
There is a very small United Airlines Arrivals Lounge
The walk is 12-15 minutes
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by captain_starwood
Yes. I believe it's a Star Lounge operated by UA.

When I used it a few weeks ago, it was almost deserted first thing in the morning. There had been no mention of it to J pax that I was aware of.

As an aside to the T1/T2 use, SAA currently checks in at T1 but uses the new T2B gates, in fact my SAA flight left from a gate with a sign on the ramp declaring "only AC equipment" to be parked. I then realized I had walked right past the new MLL but expect it had closed by the time SAA was leaving. Also BTW, SAA does not participate in Fastrack.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:54 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by captain_starwood
Yes, they are the same room. There is light United Branding. (It is immediately to the Left of the Customs Exit. (there is signage as well guiding you there)

4 showers, and a breakfast buffet. 5-6 staff members.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:38 am

Terminal 2A or 2B in LHR?

Hi all,

I'm taking a few flights from LHR to BOS via YHZ with AC in the next few months. Does anybody know if AC tends to depart from T2A or T2B in LHR? Or is it inconsistent? I couldn't find the details in the FAQs.

From the maps, I've got a feeling that flights might depart in Terminal B perhaps around B35/B36 or B44/B46 around WHSmiths simply because the Maple Tree lounge is nearby. However, it would be nice to confirm this if anybody else has any experience.

Also... having never flown from LHR Terminal 2, are there any oddities or nuances about AC's operation from there?

Thanks in advance,

Take care all

Simon.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:50 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
AC is using T2B gates. With the MLL being located in the satellite, the distances back to T2A wouldn't make it practical to do anything else. The walk to them doesn't seem too bad, although there's an unusual arrangement where you have to go down and then up again from T2A to go underneath the runway/taxiway - it's usually far quicker to take the lifts rather than the series of escalators to do this.

There's no oddities in AC's operation compared to the other airlines - the differences are more in how T2 handles passengers compared to most other airports, such as the *G and Premium Cabin check-in desks being located behind the Y desks rather than alongside them (assuming you're starting your journey there and not transferring).

Once you get used to it, T2 is a great facility - generally streets ahead of the T3 experience, particularly for a non-status Y passenger.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
AC is using T2B gates.
Thanks NWIFlyer for being to the point and very speedy in your fly - you provided a thorough answer giving me exactly what I was hoping to find out! ^:-:

Simon.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TPJ
No self service Why to increase costs by hiring these servers... We know how to pour a drink
No self-service as far as I know. However, in addition to the servers bringing drinks, there's also a bar where you can order drinks (though the staff were busy helping with the buffet when I was there)
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
I believe the PP lounge is just the United Club in T2B.
I used my PP card for access to this lounge Tuesday and found it to be very nice. We were there in the morning around 8:30 and they had a pretty good selection for breakfast. Hot items such as Oatmeal, eggs, bacon sausages etc plus a good choice of cold items as well. It was quiet while we where there so there was a selection of tables to sit at if you wanted to eat or easy chairs if you wanted to relax. I found the washrooms to be quite unique as they were each like private rooms with toilet and sink plus a small seating area. Overall a good experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.