Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 9:44 am

Hi all,
Has anyone booked YYZ-DPS and DPS-YYZ on Eva J class x2? How do you find the award availability? Likely will be able to book 6-8 months out, not sure if that's realistic to find.
Old May 22, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Spaces disappeared because they are going from 7 flights a week to 5 in March 2019.
Old May 22, 2018, 5:17 pm

recent data points on TPE-YYZ-TPE
EVA checked carry-on for 7KG both ways and pretty strict
Same for checked luggages, 23KG

Full flights for May as well
Old May 22, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
I know it's too random to attach much importance, but I got a March Break 2018 YYZ-TPE back in May 2017.

If you see a seat or two, don't think about it - snag it!
Old May 24, 2018, 3:03 am

8 seats opened up 4 days in advance Taipei to YVR. Originally booked 2 in j and 1 in y
Old May 25, 2018, 6:31 pm

I have seen quite a few flights from Toronto to Taipei and most of the times its 3 seats available at one time. Has anyone ever find availability of 4 seats.

Is it possible for more seats to open up if i book 4 tickets ( 3J and 1Y) and upgrade the Y to J later ? Any data points

Looking for a trip for 4 in J.
Old May 25, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
8 seats opened up 4 days in advance Taipei to YVR. Originally booked 2 in j and 1 in y
How long ago did you book 2 J ? were you keeping an eye on J availability since you booked ?
Old May 25, 2018, 9:17 pm

Got 2 J tickets, yul-yyz-tpe-dps and return dps-tpe-yvr-yyz-yul for june 2018 and booked July 2017. Booked on the day flights became available.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:04 am

Aeroplan - EVA Air Phantom Inventory/System Glitch?

I booked a one way from YVR to DPS in December a few months ago with Aeroplan points in Business I called today to try to change the date to a week earlier. The website shows it as available, but the agent said it was phantom inventory/system glitch and just to keep on trying. They show a lot of Eva Air phantom inventory in December :-)

is this type of problem common and can anyone comment on how long it will take them to fix the issue and if the seats will actually become available?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Nuka
I booked a one way from YVR to DPS in December a few months ago with Aeroplan points in Business I called today to try to change the date to a week earlier. The website shows it as available, but the agent said it was phantom inventory/system glitch and just to keep on trying. They show a lot of Eva Air phantom inventory in December :-)

is this type of problem common and can anyone comment on how long it will take them to fix the issue and if the seats will actually become available?

Thanks!
ongoing issue.... either its phantom or a lag to their website...... YMMV with their responses.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Yes there is an ongoing phantom space issue with AC/UA/most *A seeing Eva space.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
I tried to change booked flights to EVA for Aug (TPE-YYZ) and also ran into the phantom availability issue. I see a lot of days with available flights on UA (super saver) and Aeroplan but when I try to click through on Aeroplan, just to test it, none of the flights are bookable. Oddly enough 2 days ago I switched my July outbound flights to EVA (YYZ-TPE) and the change went through.

Hopefully this is a EVA glitch that will be fixed and not the flights being blocked on Aeroplan.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by jerryhung

recent data points on TPE-YYZ-TPE
EVA checked carry-on for 7KG both ways....
Was this in J?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:49 pm

At what point in the purchase process will you know if it's phantom vs legit? Do you have to click on book?

To answer my question, some testing:

Clicking on Book, you get either the quote, or THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

Searching for 3 J awards next Feb, getting the not available error a lot, but change the pax to 1 or change class to 3 in economy it does go through (so there is some underlying inventory available). Need at least 50% of the miles to test though (topup threshold)

Last edited by crimsona; Jun 28, 2018 at 4:34 pm
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by crimsona
At what point in the purchase process will you know if it's phantom vs legit? Do you have to click on book?

To answer my question, some testing:

Clicking on Book, you get either the quote, or THE ITINERARY YOU REQUESTED IS NOT AVAILABLE
We're sorry, but due to real-time availability, the itinerary you requested is no longer available.

Searching for 3 J awards next Feb, getting the not available error a lot, but change the pax to 1 or change class to 3 in economy it does go through (so there is some underlying inventory available). Need at least 50% of the miles to test though (topup threshold)
After you click to book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.