Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
I booked two April 2018 reward seats YYZ-TPE last May.

edit: in J

Last edited by beep88; Mar 16, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
i expect AC might block the inventory, every customer who flys EVA wonders why they ever flew AC to ASIA hehehhehe
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by HomerJ
Want to book 2 x YYZ - TPE in J for Feb 2019.
EVA has a direct flight everyday but no amount of changes to itin. will get these flights to show up.
Is it possible they have not loaded their inventory yet, and if so does anyone know how far out it usually is added?
Thanks.
In my experience, you either have to redeem very early or very last minute (if there is remaining seat available).

Also a second observation I made in the past 2 years, is that Aeroplan seems to "blank out" flights to/from Canada..... For that I am usually able to build 90% of my trips but there's always a missing link into/out of Canada.

For that I end up flying via the US instead.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: AC E75K / Marriott Silver Elite / SPG
I booked YYZ - TPE in J back in Dec for May departure via Aeroplan. (YYZ-TPE, TPE-BKK, BKK-SYD, SYD-PEK, PEK-YVR, YVR-YYZ all in J for $230)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:05 am

I was watching flights early on as soon as they were loaded for YVR > TPE...I just needed a couple of days but before I could pull the trigger they were gone and have not seen anything since. This was for February 2019.

We ended up booking Business Class taking the long way and unfortunately with a leg on AC (scam fees) but at least we got Business all the way - AC onto Air China (haven't flown before so should be interesting) then onto Singapore Airlines.

Coming home we found Business Class open up to YVR (we need to get to YWG) so I booked EVA from Bali all Business......then of course AC opens availability the next day to get home to YWG so had to pay for the change for the add on. I knew I was going to do it but just not the next day. I didn't want the Business availability to disappear though!
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: *G
This week, I was able to book 2 J seats YYZ-TPE-YYZ on BR in early/late Feb 2019 (then CA to/from SYD via PEK/PVG but with BR connections to/from TPE). SQ was non existent as was, surprisingly to me, TG.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by fin 645
This week, I was able to book 2 J seats YYZ-TPE-YYZ on BR in early/late Feb 2019 (then CA to/from SYD via PEK/PVG but with BR connections to/from TPE). SQ was non existent as was, surprisingly to me, TG.
There are seats available...I just booked 2 myself. You have to search day by day until you see them
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: A3, AC
Man, after reading the latest posts I must have been some kind of lucky. Booked in J YYC-AC-NRT-NH-SIN-SQ-TPE-BR-YVR-AC-YYC in November for departure next month. I knew SQ only released inventory to partners on regional flights, didn't realize that BR was so hard to get availability too.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by cyralax
Man, after reading the latest posts I must have been some kind of lucky. Booked in J YYC-AC-NRT-NH-SIN-SQ-TPE-BR-YVR-AC-YYC in November for departure next month. I knew SQ only released inventory to partners on regional flights, didn't realize that BR was so hard to get availability too.
I don't think it is actually that hard. Of course, helps if you are only looking for one ticket....2 at certain times means plan far ahead.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:15 am

Does br still release seats last minute ? I'm currently sitting in the back. This is for Taipei to YVR for May
Old Mar 18, 2018, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Does br still release seats last minute ? I'm currently sitting in the back. This is for Taipei to YVR for May
Not sure, but people cancel awards for all kinds of reasons, so I would just keep looking
Old Mar 18, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
EVA does release J and Y seats last minute especially out of YVR. I made a change to YVR-TPE 10 days prior to departure and avoided going through LAX on the outbound to TPE last year. Keep checking.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 5:30 pm

Flying into YVR so it's the other direction. Have expert flyer alert running
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:10 am

Any tips/suggestions for being able to get a J upgrade from Y/B/K on Eva for YYZ-TPE-YYZ. I'm looking at August or September and have the requisite 50k AP. Does EF show the available inventory for this upgrade before I book my ticket?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 8:46 pm

It appears either Aeroplan or BR have just pulled a significant # of J reward availability on all its flights YYZ-TPE and TPE-YYZ. I still see some limited availability.

I have been organizing a trip for March 2019 and availability was good until a few days ago. Spaces just disappeared overnight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.