Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Melville
With AC ticket number and name, the BR reservation details may be brought up on the EVA website to retrieve the BR specific PNR and manage the booking.
very good advice when i called Aeroplan they didnt have it avbl but was easily brought up with ticket #, it is indeed 100 days advance to select seats.

It appears its the same locator as my SQ flights on this itinerary which explains why the AE agent couldn't find an additional locator.

Last edited by scotchmeup; Jul 16, 2013 at 8:43 am
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for your advise. Where do I get my ticket number from a reward ticket? I can't see the usually full Itinerary as I would normally see when I buy a regular ticket...
Old Jul 16, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: SE 100K MM,UA Gold, Marriott Titanium,Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Thanks for your advise. Where do I get my ticket number from a reward ticket? I can't see the usually full Itinerary as I would normally see when I buy a regular ticket...
its on the email you get when booked just below routing information. If you don't have one you can log on to your account and go to transactions and select your itinerary and request it to be send. Its a long number that starts with 014.....
Old Jul 16, 2013, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by scotchmeup
its on the email you get when booked just below routing information. If you don't have one you can log on to your account and go to transactions and select your itinerary and request it to be send. Its a long number that starts with 014.....
13 numbers is not long.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Found it and was able to retrieve my reservation and booking number right from the site without having to call.. Thanks everyone for your help!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by echino
Old business seats to YVR. New lie flat to YYZ.

BR is already bookable for LifeMiles.

When it comes to Aeroplan we will know if YQ applies there. I hope not.
Is there a way to know which flights on BR are new lie flat and which are old?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by samcmontreal
Call AP to get the EVA air booking reference and then use that to login on the EVA air website to select your seat.

I just took the flight from TPE-YYZ last week it was nothing to write home about. My legs hit the end of the seat when it was in lie flat mode.
More detail of your discomfort and how does it compare to other setups? Other elements of the airline; service, food etc.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Is there a way to know which flights on BR are new lie flat and which are old?
So many FT threads ask this question @@

In short, MOST (I'd say 90%) of long-haul routes are all 77N now (new R.L.) except SEA, YVR, and partial LHR

Other routes are all 77N
LAX, JFK, YYZ, AMS, CDG, SFO (some had questio SFO though)

If you can read Chinese, see the EVA timetables here and the aircrafts (notice it's all 77N now except a few 747)
http://www.abacus.com.tw/abacus_2004...adlinenbr=9836
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
LAX, JFK, YYZ, AMS, CDG, SFO (some had questio SFO though)

[/url]
Questio?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So we flew BR, YYZ-TPE, in business class (Royal Laurel, kind of a stupid name).

Schedule: leaves YYZ at 1:30 am. Arrives at TPE at 4:40 per schedule but actually 30 minutes early. Our host is a morning person so he was at the airport to pick us up at 4:35. Quite late to leave, we were at the airport early and the wait is a bit boring. Dinner was quick (more on this below) and we slept. Woke up more or less at regular YYZ wake up time, had a snack, and I tried sleeping a bit more. I guess I must have slept enough ultimately. Indeed, next day in Taipei we managed to go through a regular day with no major issue.

Boarding: a bit of a battle zone, worse than AC. But they let the business class board before economy. Incidentally there were empty seats in front.

Seats: herringbone but facing outward, toward windows. Foot hole underneath the seat in front. Somewhat less seats than on AC, but not sure if real estate/seat is larger, or if the galley are. Toilets on the 777 are large, but in contrast with AC, no window. Clean throughout the flight. Large space to keep things on the wall side of window seats, nice table folding underneath, much less awkward than AC's finger catcher. Seat mechanism much less clunky than AC, but upholstery not quite as flat, although the seat is horizontal lie flat. Overall, construction appears to be of better quality, more robust and better made.

Entertainment system: I did not really use it, but it sounded comparable to AC, but hopefully not as buggy. I did not like their map. AC maps are nicer, when they work.

Wine: during boarding, only a choice of juice or water. No pre-dinner drink, but much better wines. Dom Perignon 2003, a reasonably nice Pomerol and a Rioja, not my style. A nice Chassagne-Montrachet and some German white which I did not try. They refill, but after dinner if you want a glass you need to ask. Anyway, my guess is, their wines are three or four times the price of the AC plonk.

Food: they only serve an appetizer, main dish and desert. For the main dish, in addition to the three regular choices, you can order online among something like an extra four of five choices. My wife had lobster and I had black cod. Black cod is very suitable to plane food because it's oily and does not feel too dry if overcooked, in contrast with for instance salmon. My wife really like the lobster (in shell), which was not dry, not overcooked. My fish was better than AC's but not as good as the lobster. Appetizer was nice and so was desert, no choice, a small cake with some fruit. But the fruit had taste, not like AC's melon. So, food, quantity is less but quality much better than AC. May have something to do with the time of departure too.

Breakfast was copious, pretty similar with AC, different omelet. Perhaps a bit better, fruit clearly better.

Service attentive without being overpresent. FAs come across as personable, not like the SQ robots, for instance.

Captain was some American guy, which I had not expected. All announcements from the cockpit were in English. On some issues there were taped announcements in French French, also in some other languages, possibly Japanese. I mostly could not understand cabin crew announcements in English, but not a real issue. I am told first announcements were in Taiwanese, then in Mandarin.

Plane spotless.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
So we flew BR, YYZ-TPE, in business class (Royal Laurel, kind of a stupid name).

Plane spotless.

How is Executive First not stupid for a Business Cabin???
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
It's the most premium cabin AC offers, it's not such a stupid name. It's no different than United's domestic service being labeled as "First"...
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Did I ever say it wasn't?

A bit touchy, aren't we?
Old Jul 28, 2013, 9:04 am

thanks for the heads up....... i wonder if the food coming out of their HQ (TPE) would be even better in size and quality.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by Stranger
Breakfast was copious, pretty similar with AC, different omelet. Perhaps a bit better, fruit clearly better.
Did you get a fly or a beetle?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.