Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 6:09 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Also do you do any flying in Canada or NA? If you're based in Canada I would say AC is probably a better option and looks like you can easily achieve elite status with your travel patterns.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The main reason why I went with Eva was that they have connections to almost all the cities that I fly in Asia. Furthermore, their fares were comparatively cheaper than AC and obviously the inflight service is much better for me. If they stop flying to Canada obviously then I would have to change to AC.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:26 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Davvidd
The main reason why I went with Eva was that they have connections to almost all the cities that I fly in Asia. Furthermore, their fares were comparatively cheaper than AC and obviously the inflight service is much better for me. If they stop flying to Canada obviously then I would have to change to AC.

The thing is, you're saying BR gets you where you need to go in Asia but you're also asking "Should I change to AC?", and you're asking this now. There is no way to know what BR or AC will do with its flights or routings to Asia other than the publicly available info - which often changes as market conditions change. No one will guarantee the future.

If you want to wait until BR makes their route decisions, you can join Aeroplan, buy refundable tickets and wait.
vernonc and gadflyboy like this.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I'm still not clear if you are asking if you should be collecting miles with Infinity Mileage or Aeroplan, or if you should be flying
trans-Pacific with BR or AC?
I am also curious how you can enter most places in Asia now - I have APEC card, and still cannot enter most places - at least
not without onerous quarantine requirements.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I'm still not clear if you are asking if you should be collecting miles with Infinity Mileage or Aeroplan, or if you should be flying
trans-Pacific with BR or AC?
I am also curious how you can enter most places in Asia now - I have APEC card, and still cannot enter most places - at least
not without onerous quarantine requirements.
I have my APEC as well but that is not a permit to enter, it's only a fast-track when entering.

There are those with passports or ID that allow them entry to their home or other countries - even with testing and quarantine restrictions. There are also business permits e.g. Japan. The emails I receive from another airline excitedly tell me that quarantine to their country was reduced from 14 day to 10 days o 3 days now for select business travellers, and of course, there is the Singapore VTL - of which AC is not participating with direct flights.

Clearly OP has the ability to enter one or more country. But to your point, I'm also not sure what kind of advice OP is looking for when he isn't yet a member of Aeroplan (and then looking at comparing routings AC vs BR), as well as the fact that he has the ability to enter.

We know from other threads that AC's Pacific pax routes are minimal at best now. Same with some other airlines. AC can't expect improved pax loads until there is less restricted entry.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 9:16 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I have Aeroplan but I have been collecting my points on BR for a couple of years. Two years. Yes some countries is not easy to enter like China but now a lot of Asian countries you can enter with negative PCR and a couple of days in quarantine. Some as less as until you get the result which could be in matter of hours. some without any quarantine. Also depending on the visa you have.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by 24left
I have my APEC as well but that is not a permit to enter, it's only a fast-track when entering.
I was thinking of Indonesia, where entry is closed to foreigners with the exception of holders of APEC cards.
There may be others...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.