Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All about Eva (BR); AP numbers recognized, earning & award info, seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by 24left
See discussion in this thread

There are 2 other threads on AC FT discussing issues with award availability on partner airlines.

Also, it has been posted here more than once that BR is now only releasing at T-4 days out
Thanks - had started to read it, but I realize later in the thread people started expanding.

With that said - finding random availability (eg single J TPE-CDG) so I guess best to just randomly check.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by AhmedF
Thanks - had started to read it, but I realize later in the thread people started expanding.

With that said - finding random availability (eg single J TPE-CDG) so I guess best to just randomly check.
The issue of availability is not new. The threads were started in 2018:

Difficulty Redeeming EVA Air on Aeroplan

And the OP in this one is about EVA

Aeroplan issues with award redemption on partner airlines

As you know, they used to release in the T-14 window but as I mentioned, it's been reported that it's now T-4 days. Much further out, there are still avails, but it's really YMMV.
AhmedF likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 10:28 am

The issue of availability is not new. The threads were started in 2018:

Difficulty Redeeming EVA Air on Aeroplan

And the OP in this one is about EVA

As you know, they used to release in the T-14 window but as I mentioned, it's been reported that it's now T-4 days. Much further out, there are still avails, but it's really YMMV.
So randomly checked yesterday, and two J direct from TPE to EU for end of July. Immediately called and redeemed - so for anyone reading, worth keeping an eye out.

Roughly T-275.
24left likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:45 am

I just saw availability on EVA Air on Business Class. But, like the others, when I tried to book it it gave me an error message "The Itinerary you requested is not available". I called Aeroplan and the agent also cannot book it. It was showing as available but once you book it, it tells you that it's no longer available.

Will keep on trying.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That almost certainly means it's phantom availability. It's not going to work.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:06 pm

Was able to book for 2 in J on Oct. 20 for travel Sept. 10 2020: yyz (BR) -> tpe (BR) -> sgn and then 2 in J for Sept. 27: sin (SQ) -> tpe (BR) -> yyz which is about T-326 from departure.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
I'm not able to book any EVA flight using aeroplan right now even though United shows it as available. SAS and Lifemiles do not, but I also don't have full confidence in their system (much less than Aeroplan FWIW). Anyone else having similar issues? This is for travel in the next 7 days
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aviationp
I'm not able to book any EVA flight using aeroplan right now even though United shows it as available. SAS and Lifemiles do not, but I also don't have full confidence in their system (much less than Aeroplan FWIW). Anyone else having similar issues? This is for travel in the next 7 days
@aviationp

1. You may see inventory on United or ANA or elsewhere and not on Aeroplan. *A airline partners do not release the same inventory to all other FFPs. Sometimes, seats will be available on Aeroplan and not elsewhere.

2. EVA used to release inventory in the T-14 window as has been posted a few times in this thread. Many here have noticed that it is now T-4. If it is not there, it's not there.

3. Air Canada - and therefore Aeroplan - are in the middle of a major system migration. The websites and apps are not necessarily working as they should. Calls to the Aeroplan and even AC call centres either go unanswered or waits are an hour or longer. This thread tells the story https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-77.html and this is just the most recent page.

4. I was casually searching Aeroplan for a couple of different routes. Some of the options offered included EVA. If I went back later, sometimes the options disappeared, sometimes they were still there or the routings were different, even if to the same destination.

Good luck
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Searching for upgrade availability on EVA Air?

I'm fairly new to this. I know certain fare classes on EVA can be upgraded. How do I find upgrade availability prior to purchasing the expensive economy fares? I've searched and some people are saying T-14 days. I tried searching for general award availability T-14 from today and I saw nothing, but CA fares. So what's the best strategy to to search for award availability?

Also, if I were to fly BR to SIN from Canada, which means a connection in TPE, can every segment be upgraded?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm fairly new to this. I know certain fare classes on EVA can be upgraded. How do I find upgrade availability prior to purchasing the expensive economy fares? I've searched and some people are saying T-14 days. I tried searching for general award availability T-14 from today and I saw nothing, but CA fares. So what's the best strategy to to search for award availability?

Also, if I were to fly BR to SIN from Canada, which means a connection in TPE, can every segment be upgraded?
@lsquare

Did you do any searches on AC FT before you posted?

Are you asking about the Star Alliance Upgrade Award? There is a thread:

Aeroplan Star Alliance Upgrade Award Question - fare class, etc

And there ALREADY is a lengthy thread with post about BR avails

And just in case, there is also this thread with multiple mentions about BR and other partners

Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Some of you have been noting EVA award availability on United.com so I wanted to add my experience with that.

I am a pure United flyer and was just lurking on the AC forums, but I do have some insight on BR. United.com has been displaying massive amounts of availability for EVA, especially Business award (I class) availability, and even more especially on BR35/36, which is the Taipei-Toronto and back. However, I have yet been able to successfully match any of the availability shown online with true availability. It is all phantom. United agents found zero seats during an entire month when United.com showed the seats as available. Best is just to call in.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NoDestinations
Some of you have been noting EVA award availability on United.com so I wanted to add my experience with that.

I am a pure United flyer and was just lurking on the AC forums, but I do have some insight on BR. United.com has been displaying massive amounts of availability for EVA, especially Business award (I class) availability, and even more especially on BR35/36, which is the Taipei-Toronto and back. However, I have yet been able to successfully match any of the availability shown online with true availability. It is all phantom. United agents found zero seats during an entire month when United.com showed the seats as available. Best is just to call in.

Just a fyi....and welcome to AC FT

Calling Aeroplan will not (necessarily now) get you seats that do not exist on the website. As noted often in this thread as well as others, phantom avails aside, BR is not releasing to Aeroplan as often as they used to in T-14. There may be some but no BR 35/36. They have been tending to release at T-4.

I found a few routings to my destination requiring 2 stops including TPE but it's really all over the map.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lsquare

Also, are you looking at a paid BR ticket and then using miles to upgrade? If so, best to ask on BR FT.

Are you asking about a paid AC ticket in Latitude for example, then the link in my post above might be helpful.

Are you asking about an Aeroplan ticket on BR, because you mention "I've searched and some people are saying T-14 days."?

As for strategy to search for award availability, some people set alerts on EF, others just keep searching Aeroplan.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold

Calling Aeroplan will not (necessarily now) get you seats that do not exist on the website
Absolutely. I was referring to calling in to check availability.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC, KL
Are flights that are operated by UNI Airways for EVA Airways eligible to earn Aeroplan?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.