Wiki Posts
Search

Ac 2080 yyz - bru???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Ac 2080 yyz - bru???

Sitting in the lovely Brussels Airlines lounge overlooking the apron and noticed an AC 77W pull in just down from the normal 767.

It is listed as AC 2080. Are these most likely those stranded in Toronto and Montreal due to the strike in Paris? Makes sense to fly in to Brussels being not too far away by train.

First time I have seen 2 AC aircraft here at once, and a 777 is a big jump up from the 767 we are used to getting.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:25 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; Nexus 4 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.90 Mobile Safari/537.36)

AC2080 replaces AC880 (YYZ-CDG). AC will bus the pax to Paris.

AC870 (YUL-CDG) departed as usual.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; Nexus 4 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.90 Mobile Safari/537.36)

AC2080 replaces AC880 (YYZ-CDG). AC will bus the pax to Paris.

AC870 (YUL-CDG) departed as usual.
Good to see them being proactive.

Brussels was awash in buses this morning, my guess is AC is not the only airline doing this. Currently 4 SAS aircraft here, and that is abnormal too.

77W = a lot of busses. Just imagine if this were July when the new aircraft is working some of these Paris routes. 40 Pax per bus = 9 buses if they pack them full. Not the best way to get to Paris but at least your getting there.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: Various
That is great to know. I'm on AC 880 tonight, and have been nervously updating the status ever since seeing 880 come up as cancelled last night.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan E
This is probably due to French ATC strike.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by AC_flyer
hahaha ....... That's probably a solid guess.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by AC_flyer
As metioned by the OP.

I wonder where the busses will go? Do they simply drive pax from BRU to CDG? Or will they drop pax off in downtown Paris?

I guess it makes most sense to drop pax at CDG since some may have onward connections. Still, BRU to CDG is at least 300km so at minimum that's a 3h transfer (since busses are limited to 100km/h).

If it were me, I'd probably just hang out in Bruxelles for a day or so then take the train to downtown Paris.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:36 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by mechteach
That is great to know. I'm on AC 880 tonight, and have been nervously updating the status ever since seeing 880 come up as cancelled last night.
cancelled and replaced with 2080 again to BRU
Old Jun 11, 2013, 4:33 pm

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RCyyz
As metioned by the OP.

I wonder where the busses will go? Do they simply drive pax from BRU to CDG? Or will they drop pax off in downtown Paris?

I guess it makes most sense to drop pax at CDG since some may have onward connections. Still, BRU to CDG is at least 300km so at minimum that's a 3h transfer (since busses are limited to 100km/h).

If it were me, I'd probably just hang out in Bruxelles for a day or so then take the train to downtown Paris.
I am wondering about that, too. Any jet lagged flight 2080 folks online who can answer?

The only problem with hanging around Brussels is the French rail strike that starts Wed night. Whee.

Originally Posted by ABG
cancelled and replaced with 2080 again to BRU
Yup. Posted around 12-1 pm today. In the MLL now, looking at the posted 11:10 arrival, and hoping we make it to Gare Montparnasse for a train to Bordeaux before the aforementioned rail greve starts! (Still, I'm quite pleased with AC's solution to this situation.)
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:28 am

Probably no one cares, but just in case something similar happens in the future:

Air Canada did a so-so job keeping us informed about what was going to happen in Brussels until we landed there. However, in Brussels, they were completely on top of things. They brought people out to the buses in groups, gave us water and a packaged waffle, and sent us to CDG (no option to go to central Paris). The bus ride was 3.5 hours with no A/C or air, and the driver didn't know where to go when we got to the airport, but I was still very happy to be in Paris at all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.