Wiki Posts
Search

broken aux power units

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 5:48 am
Suspended
Original Poster

broken aux power units

I find it a bit of a coincidence that two flights in a row on AC, two different airports, one a Dash-8 and the other a 330, suffered from broken aux power units on the ground so couldn't cool the aircraft.

Maybe it's just that, but figured I'd ask if anyone else is getting the same thing happening.
Old May 30, 2013, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Theft....heat....misconnects.
OP you are indeed having the trip from hell !
Old May 30, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: AC-SE MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tyberius
I find it a bit of a coincidence that two flights in a row on AC, two different airports, one a Dash-8 and the other a 330, suffered from broken aux power units on the ground so couldn't cool the aircraft.

Maybe it's just that, but figured I'd ask if anyone else is getting the same thing happening.
Yep. Had that happen on my way to YYZ yesterday from YHZ (611)....cool morning in the 'fax so no issue. But the return last night (620) was a total gong show. There were issues with the original equipment for the flight, so they picked a new 767 that was in the sun all afternoon. Dragged it over to the gate and pretty much as soon as the door was open started to board (60 mins late). Problem was, the plane was crazy hot, so in no time there was a huge line of pax on the bridge....where we waited for 30 minutes (seriously, standing in line on the bridge) while they pulled one of those "air conditioning trucks" over to flush the air. By the time we boarded, it was still very hot. And with the messed up APU, the engine start (and lack of air) made the plane hotter still. Poor FAs were sweatin' their buns off. And everyone was quite grumpy.
Old May 30, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Sat in a CRJ with a broken APU at BNA last summer during their hottest week on record. Not pleasant, but it (1) didn't lead to a misconnect and (2) no one stole anything from me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.