Joe Kickass moment

Old May 29, 2013, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Joe Kickass moment

Last night, YYZ. Stress caused by ground stop and partially cascading delays.

Thanks to Nexus, no luggage, and concierge, I got from my delayed YOW flight to my less-delayed transborder CRJ flight barely in time. Lost my assigned (paid-J) seat but was reassigned the one just behind. Joe Kickass was clearly upgraded into my previous seat, now right in front of me. His bag has several years' worth of Elite tags.

When we're at cruising altitude, Mr. Kickass sets up a ruckus that his IFE sounds "......". Complains to the service director that he wants to be reseated; she patiently explains that she cannot do so (J is full) and he keeps pushing that "I fly a lot, and if my IFE doesn't work, switch me with someone else or I want my upgrade points back" and "You're not being helpful" to the SD. No resolution.

I keep quiet. The sad thing is that if Mr. Kickass had instead turned around to me with a smile and said "Are you planning to use IFE? If not, would you mind switching seats since mine doesn't seem to work?", I would have cheerfully said yes. I was working all the way and didn't even plug in my headphones. But I had no inclination to go out of my way to volunteer to someone behaving like an .......
Old May 29, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by montrealer
........... His bag has several years' worth of Elite tags.
I really cannot grasp why this is done? However, to me it does explain a lot.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by DavidYYC
I really cannot grasp why this is done? However, to me it does explain a lot.
It explains everything.

btw, who uses upgrade points for 45 minute snack-basket service YYZ-YOW?
Old May 29, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Someone connecting onwards to LHR on AC888.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Dorian
Someone connecting onwards to LHR on AC888.
Then why is he demanding a refund of his credits if we assume a longhaul connection?
Old May 29, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Then why is he demanding a refund of his credits if we assume a longhaul connection?
Isn't that clear? He's an idiot.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:23 pm

The self absorbed / important FF is always treat to watch. Take a deep breath and ask instead of demanding. I always carry my iPad with entertainment, depending on time of month I run out of things I would watch on IFE and would switch with someone if seat is the same type.

In the case of Mr kickass douche, I would let him finish, then call FA over and let them decide if they wanted to appease the fool with swap of seats. ( after stewing for say maybe 15-20 mins )
Old May 29, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
For clarity, I flew YOW-YYZ-US. Joe Kickass did his thing on the transborder part (sitting in what was originally going to be my seat). Not that it matters.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by montrealer
For clarity, I flew YOW-YYZ-US. Joe Kickass did his thing on the transborder part (sitting in what was originally going to be my seat). Not that it matters.
Just as Info; CRJ (CRJ-100/200) do not have J; CRA (CR7) do
Old May 29, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
You should have informed him that your IFE works... as a statement of fact, not an offer to switch.
Old May 29, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by xLuther
The self absorbed / important FF is always treat to watch. Take a deep breath and ask instead of demanding............. )
Cannot agree more. It is always a good reminder to myself that I will not turn into one of them.
Old May 29, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
It explains everything.

Me.

I try and upgrade every flight I can- short or long. Sitting at>180 credits ( sorry guys- cant give them out till close to the end of year)...
Old May 29, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: AC: Ac*A, , Nexus: Expired
I am a new elite fellow. A lowly E35, but I always chuckle when I see people with 2010,2011,2012 gold elite tags on the bags. It is like pulling a geroge costanza and leaving your expired lift ticket on your jacket... Me thinks they keep the tags to try and sneak and pre board.
Old May 29, 2013, 2:34 pm

We've been through the 'tag debate' a million times. Some leave some past ones on for ID as I have so many pieces of luggage....however I don't 'stack' them.
Old May 29, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
I just keep mine together on the hand luggage as I don't want to throw the old ones out... A bit of a hoarder habit. But better than keeping it in my drawer in a pile of cards...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.