Any points when rebooked on non-*A flights

Old May 23, 13, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC S100K
Any points when rebooked on non-*A flights

I was booked on US Airways to Atlanta via PHI. When I arrived at the airport, the agent told me my flight to PHI was delayed and I was not going to make the connection to ATL. She rebooked me on a Delta flight directly to ATL. Can I still collect Aeroplane points? I thought there was a thread about this subject?
Old May 23, 13, 4:59 pm

I believe it's possible (no firsthand experience though).

Do you like bureaucracy?
Old May 23, 13, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
If it is involuntary AND it is not due to weather, etc. You can

From SE Desk:

In the event of being involuntarily transferred to another airline not affiliated with Aeroplan, the member can request the corresponding Aeroplan Miles of the original Star Alliance ticket, provided the cancellation was due to a condition within the control of the Star Alliance carrier. This includes mechanical, crew and similar situations, but excludes circumstances beyond the airline’s control, but not limited to: weather, earthquake, fire, labour stoppages or strikes, civil unrest and closed airports. To receive credit, the member is required to send a brief description of the incident with a copy of the relevant ticket(s) and the original boarding pass(es) to the Aeroplan Centre. To claim your missing mileage, please send your request to:
Old May 23, 13, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
You can double dip, i.e. earn miles with AE and DL.
Old May 25, 13, 9:00 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
If it is due to weather / traffic control - you can't.

I was rebooked to American Airlines.... not happy.
Old May 26, 13, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cooleddie View Post
If it is due to weather / traffic control - you can't.

I was rebooked to American Airlines.... not happy.
I was not sure why it was delayed. The flight in question was the BUF-PHI flight in the morning of Wed 5/22. How do I find out?
Old Jun 2, 13, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcohen999 View Post
If it is involuntary AND it is not due to weather, etc. You can

From SE Desk:

In the event of being involuntarily transferred to another airline not affiliated with Aeroplan, the member can request the corresponding Aeroplan Miles of the original Star Alliance ticket, provided the cancellation was due to a condition within the control of the Star Alliance carrier. This includes mechanical, crew and similar situations, but excludes circumstances beyond the airline’s control, but not limited to: weather, earthquake, fire, labour stoppages or strikes, civil unrest and closed airports. To receive credit, the member is required to send a brief description of the incident with a copy of the relevant ticket(s) and the original boarding pass(es) to the Aeroplan Centre. To claim your missing mileage, please send your request to:
Can someone provide the hyperlink to the above paragraph? I could not find it in the aeroplan or the AC websites. I was trying to find out where to send the request to.
Old Jun 2, 13, 10:30 am

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS SPG PLAT(LTP) HHDiamond Marriott PLAT
Originally Posted by sskl1998 View Post
Can someone provide the hyperlink to the above paragraph? I could not find it in the aeroplan or the AC websites. I was trying to find out where to send the request to.
Recntly, I was told no ORC. In the past yes. I think there is thread where another poster noted in the past yes, but not now.

Search this Thread