Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Does no one want to go to HKG today?

Does no one want to go to HKG today?

Old May 23, 2013, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Despite all the unsold seats at T-1, J was completely full on AC 015. So lots of gate upgrades.
Old May 24, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Last week I flew UA to HKG on a CRWSTAR only to avoid AC's $500 surcharge for the
777 on this route. I was able to snag a UA GPU from a fellow FT'er to UG to F.

Another reason AC lost a paid J to HKG.
Old May 24, 2013, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Last week I flew UA to HKG on a CRWSTAR only to avoid AC's $500 surcharge for the
777 on this route. I was able to snag a UA GPU from a fellow FT'er to UG to F.

Another reason AC lost a paid J to HKG.
Why not NH/OZ?
Old May 24, 2013, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Why not NH/OZ?
Because with them flat seats are not guaranteed in J on all aircraft,
and no opportunity to UG to F.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: Nexus
Originally Posted by Academic
Despite all the unsold seats at T-1, J was completely full on AC 015. So lots of gate upgrades.
I have an AE reward ticket booked in July yyz-yvr-hkg (J class) as the direct yyz-hkg flight has been on capacity control (read: no award seats in J - even with IKK).

Although my preference is to get F class on another airline, I haven't been successful to date and may have to wait for LH to open up closer to departure.

When speaking to an AE Agent, he said that I should call an SE Concierge and ask them to open up 2 seats for me on the direct flight. Has anyone had any success with this type of request as an SE 100k?
Old May 26, 2013, 6:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE, AC*MM, SPG Gold, FPC Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Plat Elite, R&C Club 5C, Hyatt GP
Originally Posted by Academic
Several empty seats in J on AC7 yesterday.
Old May 26, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hi,

I just booked HKG-YVR and then YVR-LIM with two separate PNRs.

Can someone please help me understand why R space is wide & available @ T-7 (at time of booking) at both HKG-YVR and YVR-LIM but if I bought HKG-LIM under 1 reservation, I am waitlisted??

I would have saved 500$ on Flex if I booked HKG-LIM under 1 reservation code. but unfortunately it would have made my all upgrade requests as waitlisted...It just doesn't make sense to me that HKG-YVR and YVR-YYZ-LIM are R>9 if booked separately but R=0 if booked under 1 booking/reservation....
Old May 27, 2013, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by supatight80
Hi,

I just booked HKG-YVR and then YVR-LIM with two separate PNRs.

Can someone please help me understand why R space is wide & available @ T-7 (at time of booking) at both HKG-YVR and YVR-LIM but if I bought HKG-LIM under 1 reservation, I am waitlisted??

I would have saved 500$ on Flex if I booked HKG-LIM under 1 reservation code. but unfortunately it would have made my all upgrade requests as waitlisted...It just doesn't make sense to me that HKG-YVR and YVR-YYZ-LIM are R>9 if booked separately but R=0 if booked under 1 booking/reservation....
So call in for you UG instead of trying to do it on line. It also would have saved you some credits if it was all on 1 PNR.
Old May 27, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
So call in for you UG instead of trying to do it on line. It also would have saved you some credits if it was all on 1 PNR.
Oh, sorry I thought if it says 'waitlisted' online then it means I am waitlisted, regardless if I call in or not and even though R>1 at T-7.

Thanks for the new info Unfortunately, I already booked both PNR's and cancelling will cost me as much from saving.

Something I will definitely remember for future bookings though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.