Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Employee Buddy Pass, Common-Law Question

Old May 20, 2013, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Any AC employees here? I need to clarify the buddy pass regulations:

1. To my knowledge, you can change the nominated buddy twice every 365 days (as opposed to "every calendar year"). Is this correct?

2. Once you declare a common-law partner, you can't change to a nominated buddy anymore, or back and forth. Is this true? I had been under the impression that once you declare a spouse/partner, it is easier to switch to a nominated buddy and back and forth.
Old May 20, 2013, 11:50 pm

Check your private messages
Old May 21, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
wrong place to ask buddy
Old May 21, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Nooooooo, do not ask that here!!!

Golden rule, discretion, stay quiet, don't ask for anything, draw attention to yourself. You have a toll free number for that and when you log in, it's right there what the rules are......this is the wrong place.
Old May 21, 2013, 8:17 pm

Why not ask the employee? Is it possibly because you want to try to persuade them to make you a nominated partner, when they have given you information that they 'can't'?

If you are the employee, you should know better than posting here. If you aren't the employee, you don't need the answers to the questions you asked.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Déjŕ vu all over again

Four and a half years earlier...........http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post10595487

I can think of at least two better sources than FT for getting answers to the questions raised: the airline employee and the airline.......
Old May 22, 2013, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PropWasher
wrong place to ask buddy
Aw, come on now
We need to drag all things AC through the microscope here at FT. All the real/true/only answers and solutions are found on this site
Old May 22, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Anyone who has info as an AC employee can PM me. But I've been getting wildly contradictory responses. Half are saying that you can change your nominated buddy twice a year, the other half are saying that you can have two nominated buddies per year and switch back and forth between them limitlessly.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:39 am

you have mail.
Old May 22, 2013, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by NordsFan
Four and a half years earlier...........http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post10595487

I can think of at least two better sources than FT for getting answers to the questions raised: the airline employee and the airline.......
An excellent catch.

OP: stop fishing for policies so you can hopefully score "free" travel from an AC employee you have yet to meet. As stated in the 5 pages of replies, if you knew an AC employee it would take 2 minutes to find the info on the intranet.

Stop pestering AC employees to make you a nominated partner when it is clear that their reluctance to give you information means they don't want to.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Thanks to those who sent me a PM with info. I spoke to HR Connex and worked it out, and I'm very happy with the results. It turns out that the intranet is not 100% clear and is open to interpretation, and that a lot of employees misinterpret the rule.

Mods feel free to close this thread.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by dellman
I spoke to HR Connex and worked it out, and I'm very happy with the results.
Why you would never do that in the first place rather than go to a public frequent flyer forum is beyond me.

Last edited by ChrisA330; May 22, 2013 at 10:38 am
Old May 25, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: AC E50K (MM), BA Gold, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime), National Exec
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Why you would never do that in the first place rather than go to a public frequent flyer forum is beyond me.
The first rule of Fight Club...
Old May 25, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
The poor soul has been chastised enough. Wrong place, wrong forum, let it go. Close 'er up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.