Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Flying Canada-Turkey with stop considered as multiple one-way fligts

Old May 8, 13, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, OneWorld Sapphire, Delta

Hi,
Every year we fly for vacation to Turkey with a one week stop in Europe. Normally, I would be charged 75k points for an economy ticket per person. This year, if I try to use AC web site to book such ticket, required millage is much higher....it seems that each flight is considered a one-way journey instead of a canada-turkey with a stop over in Europe. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Old May 8, 13, 11:55 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by VirTERM View Post
Hi,
Every year we fly for vacation to Turkey with a one week stop in Europe. Normally, I would be charged 75k points for an economy ticket per person. This year, if I try to use AC web site to book such ticket, required millage is much higher....it seems that each flight is considered a one-way journey instead of a canada-turkey with a stop over in Europe. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
maybe its not available in classic level, or you can try to call in to look for other options.
Old May 8, 13, 2:40 pm

It is still 75k points and is bookable online, under multi-city tab. However, fuel surcharges will be high if you choose the wrong airlines (AC, LH, etc). I could give you some ideas on non-scamchargeable routings if I know the dates and cities and how many tickets are you looking for.
Old May 8, 13, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Go UA via EWR. I did it and it was a decent flight. Planes are the refurb 763's with the newer lie flat. IFE was great movies were up do date. Had games to play. Service was as good as AC. And 2-3-2 in Y is the way to go. Sat in E+ so scads of room. Something AC can't offer, and no scam charges. You can always come back via a European gate way if you need to. With Global Entry I was through customs in EWR in less than 5 minutes.
Old May 8, 13, 5:57 pm

Disregard! Sorry, I was reading two threads at once.

Search this Thread