Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Booking YUL-SYD for October: question about YUL-YVR segment

Old May 6, 13, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite 50K

Hey all, I've got a question for you guys:

I am booking a multicity itinerary in october:
PEK-YUL Oct 9
YUL-SYD Oct 23

On my YUL-SYD trip I am going through YVR, and I am wanting to do a short stopover to meet up with some friends for dinner. Now I know there are 3 daily YUL-YVR flights in October. But when I try to book it on AC website, it only allows me choose the last flight of the day. I remember I used to be able to pick one of the earlier flights.

I then tried to see what would happen if I tried to do YUL-AKL (through SYD) instead, and it actually gave me the option to choose the earlier YUL-YVR flight.

Now do you think it's feasible to just go ahead and book YUL-AKL and then get AC to short-check my luggage to SYD?

Anyone else have experience in this?
Old May 6, 13, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC
Why not just call the call centre and book the flights you want? There's no extra fee for phone bookings.
Old May 6, 13, 11:38 pm

How about a multi city booking?
PEK-YUL
YUL-YVR
YVR-SYD
Old May 7, 13, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite 50K
Originally Posted by vroom View Post
Why not just call the call centre and book the flights you want? There's no extra fee for phone bookings.
Oh I was under the impression that the prices were different when booking by phone. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Originally Posted by tracon View Post
How about a multi city booking?
PEK-YUL
YUL-YVR
YVR-SYD
I tried doing that, and it forced me to either go with "economy (lowest)" which is tango, or "economy (flexible)" which is latitude. I want to book in tango plus/Flex so I can get an upgradable fare.

Search this Thread