Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Threshold gift (Amazon) not quite ready yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SE100K

I'm E50K this year, crossed 60k a couple weeks ago and thus was invited to select my threshold gift. I chose the Amazon giftcard ($50) as opposed to the status miles, or bonus AE miles.

Couple days later I get an email telling me "Air Canada has just finalize the commercial agreements, and the gift may thus take a few extra weeks".

Not that I'm in a rush with this, but I found it curious they had only now finished the commercial agreements.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by literallyafloat
... I found it curious they had only now finished the commercial agreements.
Not surprising at all. Perhaps that's why AC TT did a disappearing act - at some point these screw-ups with the Altitude 'launch' have to embarrass someone at AC. At least one would think.

Exactly how hard is it to get an Amazon Gift Card?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Exactly how hard is it to get an Amazon Gift Card?
Maybe they're redeeming their own AP miles to get it and are trying to avoid the scamcharges associated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.